• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they are the biggest voting demographic already, but I take it as a good sign for Hillary.

Anyone voting in Wake county is likely to be good for Hillary. Thanks for voting early-every single early vote makes the weekend/Monday/Tuesday work that much easier on the volunteers.

Maledict

Was interesting to hear Nate on the podcast basically admit that he thinks the 538 model will miss a ton of races and states.

I thought his insight that if Trump voters turn out and Hillary voters don't turn out, Donald Trump wins was particularly insightful.

I realize this might be a stretch, but does anyone have any anti-animal Stein oppo I could drop on my vegan friend?

He lives in NC and isn't voting for Clinton. Yea pretty much any candidate won't be perfect for a vegan but maybe there's something especially stinky I could send him.

Most people didn't see your post because Stein posts have that effect. It's like it didn't even exist. I'm one of the "lucky" ones able to see Stein, so let's see what we can do:

Her campaign essentially endorsed Trump a few days ago:

https://www.facebook.com/drjillstein/posts/1342946029078917

She believes wi-fi is killing us:

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/5a2d2l/title_jill_stein_answers_your_questions/d9d867l/

Her idea of a bailout for student loans is ridiculously ignorant:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2016/08/15/mass_student_loan_forgiveness_is_a_terrible_idea.html

And finally, she likes to have dinner with Putin and Russian propaganda machines:

by-default-2016-08-08-at-2.56.14-PM.jpg

I'm not sure if that's the anti-animal type oppo you're looking for, but it should give some talking points. Maybe she ate meat at the Russian dinner?

....Do you think by 2020 pollsters will finally figure out how the hell to poll Nevada? Cnn's poll apparently has Trump winning Clark county....just how do you fuck it up that bad?

Joeytj

Banned
When do you think the last time Trump pumped gas even was?

I honestly think he's never pumped gas in his life. He's always had chauffeurs, even when he was a kid.

Maybe, like, once or twice he did just to see what it was like. But at least Romney lived like a "regular" father of a family, driving the family around.

....Do you think by 2020 pollsters will finally figure out how the hell to poll Nevada? Cnn's poll apparently has Trump winning Clark county....just how do you fuck it up that bad?

I think pollsters just get worse outside of the national CPD polls because they have to be decent. Why would a news organization pay good money for polling when you can just link to aggregates?

538 is a tragedy of the commons situation. With trends.

Alt Right memes are not allowed here.

Having pepe appropriated the way he was is one of the more awful parts of the election. He was a very popular meme we'd pass around. Now none of us would dare to use it anywhere.

I have hope that at some point he can be redeemed.

Boke1879

We'll see if this story gets the attention but I still find it insane that the man literally has a set court date for this in December but the media has refused to pick it up in a major way.

The only thing I'm worried about is Russian's hacking the machines. That is the only thing I'm worried about.

I'm fully expecting a cyber attack. Voting machines won't be hacked, though. It's going to be another large-scale DDoS attack that will prevent polling places from uploading their data so we may not have full results on election night. It won't help Trump win or anything, but it will add fuel to the fire that our democracy is "rigged."

I'm fully expecting a cyber attack. Voting machines won't be hacked, though. It's going to be another large-scale DDoS attack that will prevent polling places from uploading their data so we may not have full results on election night. It won't help Trump win or anything, but it will add fuel to the fire that our democracy is "rigged."

There's no method for just calling them in or faxing them?

I get what you're saying but four years ago the same case could have been for Iowa and now it leans GOP. If Feingold really is in a toss-up race for Senate seat I think that's a pretty good sign that the state is trending red.
It seems to be about as blue as PA, both in state and presidential elections, but people don't seem to worry about PA. Feingold is doing at least as good as McGinty and before this week no one was worried about him.

Blader

I honestly think he's never pumped gas in his life. He's always had chauffeurs, even when he was a kid.

Maybe, like, once or twice he did just to see what it was like. But at least Romney lived like a "regular" father of a family, driving the family around.

Hey, I've never pumped gas in my life either. But I'm from NJ where it's illegal, and if you try, the gas station attendants will yell at you, as my dad liked to demonstrate literally every time he needed to fill the tank.

There's no method for just calling them in or faxing them?
Who knows. Either way, there could be a significant data delay which would play right into Trump's hands.

In a perfect scenario, he could then contest the results, tie it up in litigation, energize his base to act out, yadda yadda yadda Russia wins.

fwiw, I'm absolutely sure they've taken something like this into consideration

The electorate isn't smart enough to give Hillary a 10 point win.

The media is fighting fiercely to not allow such a thing.

I think a 10+% victory was assured the day Trump was nominated. And I think about 25% of all female Republican voters will be voting for Hillary.

Media can fight it all they want. Trump has no ground game, and his single largest voting bloc is also the most rapidly shrinking portion of the electorate. Along with Dems natural leads with the minority vote and the gap she's building with the college educated white voter, and what I expect to be a larger gender gap than anyone is currently projecting... means Hillary wins by at least 10%. All the while fighting Putin Propaganda and FBI election meddling.

Seems like the only way a 13-year old rape victim coming forward accusing a presidential candidate will get PoliGAF talking is if she were also announcing a +2 Trump poll of Pennsylvania.

I think a 10+% victory was assured the day Trump was nominated. And I think about 25% of all female Republican voters will be voting for Hillary.

Media can fight it all they want. Trump has no ground game, and his single largest voting bloc is also the most rapidly shrinking portion of the electorate. Along with Dems natural leads with the minority vote and the gap she's building with the college educated white voter, and what I expect to be a larger gender gap than anyone is currently projecting... means Hillary wins by at least 10%. All the while fighting Putin Propaganda and FBI election meddling.

I like your optimism.

If you're right (and I hope you are), then wouldn't that necessarily bring the House with it? I'm at the point of being pleasantly surprised if Democrats get to 50 in the Senate.

I'm on team pigeon. We are headed for a 8-10 point blowout. I just cannot fathom Trump supporters going to polling booths as planned on election day and everything goes smoothly. There is going to be so much confusion and chaos. Obama's operation was a thing of beauty. It was a heirarchical operation guiding and turning out everyone every step of the way till the ballot was cast. Trump has to rely on local gop operations for a statewide affair. There is a huge disconnect.

They say partisans usually vote early, so they know their polling locations etc. Even in that regard Hillary is winning.

Only real concern is complacency. Team hill is focused on it and should be a nonfactor by the ens.

I mean, she's up by six or seven points in the polls and has a GOTV operation, while Trump's operation is doing a Keystone Kops impression.

I always thought that she would win by 8-10 points just based on poll aggregates and somewhat-intangibles like GOTV, and I've not seen a reason to waver.

I'm just looking forward to the post-mortem on polling and how garbage it is after Hillary outperforms them to a degree of significance.

Joeytj

Banned
Hey, I've never pumped gas in my life either. But I'm from NJ where it's illegal, and if you try, the gas station attendants will yell at you, as my dad liked to demonstrate literally every time he needed to fill the tank.

Lol, yeah. Here in Mexico gas stations also still have attendants, so it's weird for Mexicans outside of the northern border region to pump their own gas. I live in Tijuana, so most border residents get to pump their own gas in the U.S. too.

Futureman

I know some people are mad when 538 is brought up in here, but interesting to see Florida is WHITE right now. 50/50 on Polls Only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom