• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebloo

She's just another accuser. Just like the drip of Wikileaks email stuff, this will fall on deaf ears.

I won't be happy until Trump is on video saying the N-word.

She's not just another accuser, for fuck's sake. I know what you mean and I know it may be true. But this is a woman that says she was raped when 13 years old. It's heinous and it's the sort of thing that keeps be a (mild) supporter for the death penalty.

Jeels

Help.

I'm in Gatlinburg TN and I'm surrounded by Deplorables

Hide in the mountains. That place is beautiful!

But yes, as a brown person, I felt a bit uncomfortable in Gatlinburg, there just wasn't any diversity, even among the tourists. :( But everyone was friendly. <3

Holmes

Dem % shrinking because more indies ate voting early now, not because their lead is shrinking. Late voting indies are likely to be younger, latino fwiw.

"Who's this? Melo? Sorry, I can't hear you."

0Fz86LC.gif
Lol

Well know who wins later tonight.

The last 8 World Series Game 7s that have happened in an election year have had an interesting pattern.

When the National League team wins, a Democrat won.

When the American League team wins, the Republican won.

If the Indians win tonight, we're screwed.

Why are you bringing up something that hasn't happened since 1972

Help.

I'm in Gatlinburg TN and I'm surrounded by Deplorables

Oh man, I feel really bad for you. NE TN is on a whole nother level of crazy. The scenery up there is awesome, though
I kinda want to move back since I have family that lives in the Tri City area. But I can't stand the majority of people there :(

*puts on tin foil hat* I swear people are ripping down Clinton/Kaine signs around here, that shit is disappearing and then popping up again a few days later. You even see a sign get put on some random spot on the side of the ride, and then the next day one for Trump put up right next to it. lol.

Very smalltown Kansas here. 1800 people small. Two Trump signs total this season. One got pulled down after the Access Hollywood tape released. Even those Trump yards are supporting local and state Democrats. Combo of Brownback and Trump himself I'd wager.

Retro

I actually like Ohio

It's not that far from me and there's a decent amount of stuff to do as long as you don't mind driving 2 hours between key attractions in the state.

This summer I spent 4 days in Ohio. Went to the Columbus Zoo (probably the best zoo I've been to), a Pokemon convention in Columbus, the Cleveland Zoo and Cedar Point. It was a fun trip, even if those things were often 2 hours of driving away from each other (our hotel was in Columbus)

I actually found more things to do in Ohio than my trip to PA the year before. Ended up just going to Hershey and then down to Maryland because there wasn't anything really to do in PA.

All them zoos and you missed the best one in Toledo.

Summary of today

Matt McDermott &#8207;@mattmfm 45m45 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
With a good bit of public polling today, here's what matters:
Trump had no electoral path last week.
Trump has no electoral path this week.

Trump scares me when I see him talking about going after his opponents. I don't want Hillary to go down that road.

True, and I only say so because taking the high road is getting us so far. I'm changing to the fight fire with fire mentality until more reason is attained throughout the country and media. It won't get better until it hits rock bottom first.

Very smalltown Kansas here. 1800 people small. Two Trump signs total this season. One got pulled down after the Access Hollywood tape released. Even those Trump yards are supporting local and state Democrats. Combo of Brownback and Trump himself I'd wager.

I don't think I could function in such a tiny town. I also don't think I could function in a mega city.

Pretty much where I am is perfect. A moderate sized city. Where I don't ever run the risk of meeting someone I know all that often, and get to enjoy sky scrapers, but small enough there's no real traffic or problems getting lost and I generally know where everything is

I've always felt that revealing early vote numbers is uncool, and should be illegal. It just adds another level of metagaming to the election which we don't need. An even higher degree of people voting/not voting because they're sure the election will go a certain way, etc.

Does PoliGAF agree/disagree? Anyone can convince me that releasing early vote numbers is a good idea?

This election is so crazy I just thought it would be a good idea to order a new Xbox 360(!) to play an Xbox 1 (the actual first Xbox) game. And before I could change my mind, I clicked checkout.

Tall4Life

I live in Ohio right now as well, Northeast area. I was already planning to move after I finished my education, but now it seems like that might be a certainty.

Kangi

Hide in the mountains. That place is beautiful!

But yes, as a brown person, I felt a bit uncomfortable in Gatlinburg, there just wasn't any diversity, even among the tourists. :( But everyone was friendly. <3

Here's a fun activity: go to Dollywood. Count the black people. It's like Where's Waldo, except Waldo doesn't exist.

Rural and mountainous Tennessee is GORGEOUS but it's also so, so, so... filled with economic anxiety.

I've always felt that revealing early vote numbers is uncool, and should be illegal. It just adds another level of metagaming to the election which we don't need. An even higher degree of people voting/not voting because they're sure the election will go a certain way, etc.

Does PoliGAF agree/disagree? Anyone can convince me that releasing early vote numbers is a good idea?

They're revealing demographics, not votes, and no one is basing their intention to vote on tea-leaf-reading early voting stats that 99% of the country isn't even paying attention to.

You'd have to argue that public polling should be illegal too.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
*puts on tin foil hat* I swear people are ripping down Clinton/Kaine signs around here, that shit is disappearing and then popping up again a few days later. You even see a sign get put on some random spot on the side of the ride, and then the next day one for Trump put up right next to it. lol.

When I was in high school, a bunch of my friends went around town one night setting every Kerry/Edwards sign they could find on fire. Dozens of incidences of property damage at best and attempted arson at worst, yet no one ever got in trouble for it. I was too scared to rat anyone out.

Considering all of the extremely unstable people that Trump has brought into political activism, I'm shocked that the worst I've seen this year is someone have their Clinton/Kaine sign pulled out of the ground and set upside-down against their house. My dad spent days repeatedly declaring his resolve to steal his neighbor's Trump sign but I talked him out of it. lol

I don't think I could function in such a tiny town. I also don't think I could function in a mega city.

Pretty much where I am is perfect. A moderate sized city. Where I don't ever run the risk of meeting someone I know all that often, and get to enjoy sky scrapers, but small enough there's no real traffic or problems getting lost and I generally know where everything is

You're in Rochester, NY? My brother just moved there to get his Ph.D at RIT. He's digging it a lot.

Anon planning on disrupting Lisa Bloom press conference. Her website's down

@0HOUR1___
Internet Shutdown will be the response to Lisa Bloom's fabricated story funded by Hillary Clinton
3 PST ANONS are going full steam ahead
This tells me this is going to be big.

You're in Rochester, NY? My brother just moved there to get his Ph.D at RIT. He's digging it a lot.

Yep, been in Rochester my entire life. Really nice place with a bad rep for being a hot bed of crime and poverty (when it's all isolated to just a couple neighborhoods). The weather is pretty bad in the winter though, but you get used to it (but still complain about it)

I went to RIT!

thebloo

Nate Bronze level of punditry incoming.

She'll win Ohio by 1 vote and the all of you will go through life telling people your vote made Hillary President.

Which will not be true, but whatever, you deserve it.

Jeels

This story isn't even new. It's just the first time she's coming forward. Brave woman. There is already a court date set for this in December for Trump.

How the media hasn't talked about this is just insane to me.

But did you know Hillary may have forwarded emails????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom