• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elman

Oppo....dripping?

Thomas C. Theiner‏ @noclador
#Trump's #Soviet contact: ambassador (actually ПГУ Генера́л-лейтена́нт) Yuri Dubinin.
Then @CIA Deputy Director Bob Gates had them tailed.

Of course! It all makes sense now...Trump said all of those horrible, horrible things because of experimental Russian mind control...

Cncyr-cover.jpg

BadRNG

Yea, this is nothing if they don't have the tape. Though, we need the tape to end this properly. At this point the only way this should end is in a Trump orgy tape.
We could finally fact check his debate statement about the size of his...hands.

I would so very much like to be wrong here, just hard to believe is all. How often do October surprises get hyped up?

He simply sounds like Wikileaks at his point, even if he really does know something.

Wilson is a well respected political strategist/consultant/etc. Obviously he has a dog in the race (McMullin) but he's not a bullshit artist. Nor is he the only person expecting things to drop.

Granted, he is a career strategist, but his dog in this particular race is not a candidate with a chance of winning anything more than six electoral votes, so the stakes aren't as high as if he were backing a leading candidate.

If no major oppo drops, RIck Wilson's role will probably be forgotten, as he isn't directly making claims of specific oppo that would fail to surface. He's keeping it vague enough to distance himself if nothing materializes.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
God forbid she lose in Texas!!!

Marist polled nh last week and trash NATE is adjusting it BY 5

If he's hinting at the same oppo we've been hearing about today, do we have a reason to doubt him?

Maybe? I think there's something out there. But it's not up to the Clinton camp to release it, especially without good sources. The media (even rags) know not to do that without vetting the stuff thoroughly. So while I think something is there, it all depends on what's provable.

And Cesare actually just posted on this page.

Syncytia

Wasn't something pretty big released in 08 or 12 like 4 days before? I'm drawing a blank on what it was and what year it was...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Granted, he is a career strategist, but his dog in this particular race is not a candidate with a chance of winning anything more than six electoral votes, so the stakes aren't as high as if he were backing a leading candidate.

If no major oppo drops, RIck Wilson's role will probably be forgotten, as he isn't directly making claims of specific oppo that would fail to research. He's keeping it vague enough to distance himself if nothing materializes.

He can just argue that no one could substantiate the oppo.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

If no major oppo drops, RIck Wilson's role will probably be forgotten, as he isn't directly making claims of specific oppo that would fail to research. He's keeping it vague enough to distance himself if nothing materializes.

He should have just taken credit for the last oppo drop and been done with it.

OmniOne

Looking at the updates section on 538. A tie in NH made Clintons chance go UP by .2 pts. But adding polls show Clinton down 12 in Utah, and 15 in Texas made her chagnes go DOWN by 1.1 pts.

da wut huh?

So...I've been skimming the thread because it gets too crazy. But it's been a couple days since the whole FBI BS happened and now I see that it's apparently 'Trumpland' over there. And I just want to ask if and how Hillary's numbers have been affected.

And I also want to say that it's ridiculous how many things Hillary has had against here. What other president candidate has had the fucking FBI fighting against them from the inside and playing partisan politics? Like, jesus, the woman has had the whole damn world against her.

The truth is we're starved for good national polling now. But from what little we've seen and what's been suggested from private or internal pollsters is a modest contraction in the polls pre-Comey and no discernible effect after.

Edit: Besides the fact that everyone should stop fucking micro-analyzing 538, I would hazard a guess that it hurts Clinton when a new poll shows her down in a red state because it decreases the chances of a landslide / blue wave election that may already be figured into her current chances.

Joeytj

Banned
Looking at the updates section on 538. A tie in NH made Clintons chance go UP by .2 pts. But adding polls show Clinton down 12 in Utah, and 15 in Texas made her chagnes go DOWN by 1.1 pts.

da wut huh?

I'm guessing that Hillary's chances go up if there's proof she can make up for her weakness among white voters in the Northeast and Midwest with white voters in the South and West.

It sort of makes sense?

Does Clinton have any chance at all of winning North Dakota?

No. Obama came close in 2008, but still lost it by 7 points. South Dakota is actually a bit more reasonable for Hillary. She's strong with Native Americans and won the primary there, twice. That's also why she competitive in Alaska.

spock

Posted anecdotal stuff from NH a few days ago. There has definitely been a Trump support surge as of late. We still have quite a few factory workers and ex factory workers in the state. Also lots of military and ex military. Swaths in those groups are definitely supporting Trump. Than there is the chain reaction that causes in families with members backing up each others vote. Thats one thing I didnt fully think about impact wise but is pretty apparent. So many households that were all in with Obama, will have switched to all Trump because the head of house is pro Trump and reinforcing in their houses media wise.

Its going to be close, I think Hillary takes it, but I wouldnt be surprised if the state flips Trump.

He can just argue that no one could substantiate the oppo.

That's possible.

In any case, by this point in the election it would need to be way bigger than something that needs to be substantiated by multiple factors if it's going to have a critical impact. If whatever's out there isn't concrete and irrefutable evidence, it's not going to have enough time for the public to absorb and process it by Tuesday.

It needs to be videotape, audiotape, something immediately incriminating that people can immediately react to.

Grief.exe

I don't understand how you can have an election system in 2016 and hope to hold a shred of credibility without an option for early vote.

Snaku

Banned
There's no oppo

Its already dropped, makes no sense to hold stuff like this.

Makes absolute sense to wait to drop the oppo on the Friday before the election. It'll dominate the 24 hour news cycle, it'll be all anyone will be talking about over the weekend, and the opposition will really only have Monday to try and spin it. You think it was coincidence that the Access Hollywood tape dropped on a Friday? If there's any oppo left to drop, it's coming tomorrow.

I don't understand how you can have an election system in 2016 and hope to hold a shred of credibility without an option for early vote.
No idea why Pennsylvania doesn't implement early voting. Seriously sucks having to either go first thing at 7 am, on a lunch break, or after work. Two out of three of those times is insanely busy. Plus last election we had some problems with anti-Obama voter intimidation in my city.

Joeytj

Banned
Okay, serious question: why does 538 include polls that they haven't even rated? It seems bizarre.

He thinks that, as long as the polls are "real", it's worth taking them into consideration, no matter how much of a lean they have. It doesn't matter if some of their samples are completely ridiculous (Like the CNN poll from Nevada that couldn't even poll enough hispanics to get a breakdown of their preference between Trump and Hillary), he takes them into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom