• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if Trump is the Winter Pumpkin, brainwashed by the USSR to exact vengeance upon Regan and his republicans for tearing down the wall. Now he not only destroys the republican party, he intends to build a new wall. The greatest, folks. You wouldn't even believe.

Longing
Rusted
Seventeen
Dawn
Stove
Nine
Kind-hearted
Homecoming
One
Freight car

While I don't believe there is anything, if it's serious enough that it's blatantly criminal (like treason or sedition) and would lead to his arrest then it doesn't matter if it comes tomorrow or Tuesday.

Well, worst electoral case scenario for Democrats assumed, sitting on it could mean the difference between President Clinton and President Pence.

Boke1879

The whole point is that they didn't wait for November to release that tape! There's a reason it's called an October Surprise after all, you release it in October so that the effects can sink in before early voting starts! Waiting until November to release something means you didn't care about capturing millions of early voters.

It's amazing because they got scooped. They had the tape but were trying to find a way to release it without incriminating Billy Bush. Then wasn't it the NYT that just got it and released it.

Jesus Christ at the salt on my FB right now (Bernie is speaking in town at UC). So much screaming about selling out and beach houses and traitors.

If there was legit oppo, there wouldn't be announcements of announcements. It would just drop. This is getting ridiculous. We should ban Rick Wilson.

Even if something drops, it will just be a nothingburger.

Jeez, what the hell is up with NH? I mean, I know it's only two polls, but still.

Regardless, I'd be fine with Trump winning NH if it meant Hassan gets the senate.

I'm from NH, and I wouldn't be surprised if he wins the state. All I see is Trump/Pence signs everywhere. I'll be voting for Hillary...it's gonna be a fun walk into the polls lol

Joeytj

Banned
Jesus Christ at the salt on my FB right now (Bernie is speaking in town at UC). So much screaming about selling out and beach houses and traitors.

Beach houses? He's getting attacked for having a beach house?

And geez at those upcoming Marist polls from AZ, TX and GA. Nate's model is going to extrapolate the shit out of them and have Hillary loose a whole 10 points or something.

I live in a college town in a county that is 100% going for Trump/Pence yet I've seen maybe one Trump sign in total. I imagine that the townies are worried that hooligan college students will tear them down (which probably actually happened, fwiw).

Instead some real-estate people (I assume it's them, I have no idea if that's the right term) have put down like 1000 Greitens signs in front of a strip mall near campus and an empty plot of land across from my apartment. It's really bizarre.

chadskin

It needed a German to finally release a Grab 'Em by the Pussy song.

I was born in post-Nazi Germany in 1981.
Ronald Reagan just got into office, man, there’s been a cold war going on.

Deutschland, my homeland, so divided! But you teared down the wall
and helped us reunite it, America!

You taught us democracy, freedom of speech, equality and liberty
you gave us David Hasselhoff, one of the greatest actors and singers there’ll ever be you braught us the McRib, Windows Me, Type 2 Diabetes and the great Bill Cosby, America, so inspiring, your soon-to-be foresightful foreign policy!

America, God shed his grace on thee
and thy new triumphant maxim, so full of modesty,

Chorus
Grab ‘em by the Pussy!
You can do anything!
You are a star, go on and do it! Move on ‚em like a Bitch

Grab the whole world by the Pussy! You can do anything.
Don’t even ask, go on and do it!
You don’t need to use some TicTacs!

So many great artists, Mel Gibson, Kid Rock and this great actor from Happy Days, almost as awesome as Fonzy.
America, we envy your recent contributions to political culture.
You definitely killed it bigly this time, and that means something coming from a German!

Thank you, for lowering the bar,
you taught us lately, everyone can make it, if one is just great enough – and a TV-Star.

Chorus
Grab ‚em by the Pussy!
You can do anything!

We adapt the new motto of your nation! Let’s hand in hand walk into isolation!

Chorus
Grab ‘em by the Pussy!
You can do anything!

Any sign of oppo droppo yet? I'm getting thirsty.
T2ZeErol.jpg

Did these SM Senate polls I'm seeing get posted? Mostly really good stuff there.

Instead some real-estate people (I assume it's them, I have no idea if that's the right term) have put down like 1000 Greitens signs in front of a strip mall near campus and an empty plot of land across from my apartment. It's really bizarre.

Yeah, I saw the exact same thing down in Issa's district in north San Diego county. Really funny shit.

If there was legit oppo, there wouldn't be announcements of announcements. It would just drop. This is getting ridiculous. We should ban Rick Wilson.

Even if something drops, it will just be a nothingburger.

Rick Wilson has been throwing out enough vague hints about explosive oppo being out there that it looks like possible attempt on his part to ride the wave if something does surface. I've lost faith he has knowledge of anything himself, he's teased it a little too much for the past few months.

If he was right, he might earn some accolades. If not, he'll just go back to being forgotten in the public eye after this election.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
That Florida poll of 32% of republicans voting Clinton is still making me wonder about demographics by Party ID. I know that 32% maybe too much too hope for, but can we really expect Republicans to back Trump at the exact same numbers they backed Romney? That seems really hard to believe for me, given how this election has gone, with many prominent members of the party talking about how dangerous it is to vote for him.

Most of this close polling doesn't seem to really show there to be anything different from 2012 outside of a bit higher third party numbers and bit lower Dem turnout percentage, and it just doesn't make sense.

If 6% of them were able to vote for Obama in 2012, you'd think it'd be pretty easy to find at least 12% of republican voters that are worried about Trump's lack of temperament and experience being commander in chief, or women that are downright appalled by his sexism.

Anyone who thinks there is big oppo remaining is deluded. No one would sit on anything that serious this long into the game. The whole point of an October Surprise is that it happens well before voting begins so that the story can sink in and have a big impact on the results. What's the point of waiting until after millions of people have already cast their ballots?

All these 'incoming oppo' tweets are literally the same garbage nothing-burger teasing you get in video game marketing or dumb youtube videos, but for some reason in politics the tactic still fools people. They're after clicks and attention, nothing more.

This is exactly what I think, either put up or shut up.

So I'm just playing around with the electoral map, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like if Clinton can win PA and FL, the rest of the map could pretty much be 'worst case scenario' and she'd still win, eh?

Fuchsdh

Rick Wilson has been throwing out enough vague hints about explosive oppo being out there that it looks like possible attempt on his part to ride the wave if something does surface. I've lost faith he has knowledge of anything himself, he's teased it a little too much for the past few months.

If he was right, he might earn some accolades. If not, he'll just go back to being forgotten in the public eye after this election.

Yep. If you get it right people tend to forget your average and how often you got it wrong; it's how all those pundits stay in business.

Boke1879

So I'm just playing around with the electoral map, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like if Clinton can win PA and FL, the rest of the map could pretty much be 'worst case scenario' and she'd still win, eh?

She wins even in her worst case. Trump has to do some pretty unlikely things to win.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I hate when I'm sitting there refreshing the page for new posts only to realize that we're on a new page already and that's why there's no new posts showing up. I'm a dumbass.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I just found this thread and don't know what oppo is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom