• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assange typed out "PBS" instead of "(((PBS)))," this guy makes so many typos, such a shame.

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/794608823000559616

Hillary Clinton Coms Director Jennifer Palmieri: PBS will obey my instructions to change air time for news "story" on Clinton and #TPP.

CwcEHNyWQAApE1S.jpg

Assange, you need to go for a walk, get some fresh air!

Oriel

This is nerverwracking. Trying to trust the polls but man, the threat of failure is too great. Terrifying what the bad outcome would look like.

Calm down, there's little chance of a Trump victory, despite what the networks are saying. Just switch off CNN and play some games until election day.

Personally the only thing I'm worried about right now is a failure by the Dems to take the Senate.
And how I'll manage to get anything done at work on Wednesday due to lack of sleep.

I would not overestimate early voting:
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/dont-read-too-much-into-early-voting/

In a German podcast they speculated that people, that didn't vote for decades, will vote for Trump because they hate the system and think it's responsible for their misery.

German media hates Trump btw. In polls 87% of Germans want Clinton to be the next president and only 5% support Trump.

I would estimate EV highly considering Latino turnout, and I would also say that your German podcasters don't have a handle on demographics here.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wonder what the map would look like with Obama v. Trump.

BiggNife

The shy trump voter/silent majority thing is a plausible theory that has never actually been proven in any capacity

It's best not to worry about it

Calm down, there's little chance of a Trump victory, despite what the networks are saying. Just switch off CNN and play some games until election day.

Personally the only thing I'm worried about right now is a failure by the Dems to take the Senate.
And how I'll manage to get anything done at work on Wednesday due to lack of sleep.

yeah Senate is my main and biggest worry at this point.

Hillary is a lock. But the question is now is how early will I get to sleep on Tuesday

Barzul

There was an elderly heckler according to CNN, (correct me if I'm wrong.)
Yeah. Obama handled it perfectly tbh. Brought up 1st ammendment and respect of elderly and military, but how ultimately the mans protest didn't matter. We speak with our votes not our boos. Best President stays best president.

Green Yoshi

If you don't vote for decades, you need to re-register, and considering there's no evidence of a massive block of new white voters registering, these shadow voters (that don't actually exist) will be pretty surprised when they're not able to vote

How long does the registration take? In Germany you usually register if you move to another city (though many students don't do it. It's not really mandatory). So as long as you stay in your community it won't matter if you have not voted for decades.

Ryuuroden

Wouldn't it be delishious irony if southern republican states had overzealously wiped ythe rolls of long non voting registered democrats who were actually dixiecrats and were going to show up for trump this time.

Barzul

PPP:

Colorado: Hillary+5
Virginia: Hillary+5
Michigan: Hillary+5

Michigan number is bad for future events, but this all looks fine.

PPP says Colorado looks like a lock for Hillary because of early voting.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2016/11/clinton-leads-by-5-in-firewall-states.html

That's assuming a lot of Trump voters/Independents embrace the Republican party. They might not. Trump is the appeal for a lot of them not the GOP.

giphy.gif

Boke1879

Wouldn't it be delishious irony if southern republican states had overzealously wiped ythe rolls of long non voting registered democrats who were actually dixiecrats and were going to show up for trump this time.

I'm sure the number is small as hell but I have wondered how many of his supporters who haven't voted in a while and aren't registered will be in for a shock on Election Day. Seriously with no ground game and no one telling them to register I'm just curious.

Zukkoyaki

I'm sure the number is small as hell but I have wondered how many of his supporters who haven't voted in a while and aren't registered will be in for a shock on Election Day. Seriously with no ground game and no one telling them to register I'm just curious.
We're going to get stories of people crying rigged for sure. Glad I'm not the only one wondering this.

Green Yoshi

I would estimate EV highly considering Latino turnout, and I would also say that your German podcasters don't have a handle on demographics here.

Their agument is that Trump got more votes in the republican primaries than any other candidate before although there was so much competition this time. And there are many people coming to his rallies.

Slayven

That is a good question.

BadRNG

To add to the PPP numbers;

Clinton also up 57-36 in Michigan and 63-32 in VA among early voters, Trump will have lots of catching up to do:

How big of a swing could we see if Trump's supporters fail to get out on election day? Hillary is straight dominating in these EV numbers all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom