• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

Their agument is that Trump got more votes in the republican primaries than any other candidate before although there was so much competition this time. And there are many people coming to his rallies.

If an iota of your argument involves rally size then it's an invalid argument.

Slayven

Their agument is that Trump got more votes in the republican primaries than any other candidate before although there was so much competition this time. And there are many people coming to his rallies.
Hillary beat Bernie and the whole Republican team by 3 million votes.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade

The bolded is where you should have stopped paying attention.

Boke1879

Rally sizes mean jack shit

And correct me if I'm wrong but Hillary got more votes than anyone during the primary.

Slayven

To add to the PPP numbers;

How big of a swing could we see if Trump's supporters fail to get out on election day? Hillary is straight dominating in these EV numbers all over the place.
That assumes people are voting their party. Anyone ever did a study on that?

In related news, there are more voting-age adults than ever before.

Also LOL rally size.

oHVo7Ou.gif

I think it was schale as well who said the GOP wasn't bringing new voters to the polls, just shifting a lot of their same day voters earlier.

Dem and NPA had a substantial number of new or extremely irregular voters in their EV tally.

If that's the case, dems should win same day voting easily with a boost from dem leaning NPA.

Rally sizes mean jack shit

And correct me if I'm wrong but Hillary got more votes than anyone during the primary.

Correct. I don't know the exact numbers off the top of my head, but Clinton was just under 17 million while Trump was just over 14 million.

And, to be clear, I also believe there were roughly 1 million more votes cast in the Democratic primary than the Republican primary.

Someone feel free to correct me on these if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Scratch that, I think it was half a million more votes cast in the Republican primary than the Democratic primary.

I wouldn't be too bothered by the lack of real oppo if it wasn't for the fact that nothing exceeded the severity of the tape like was promised.

Anyway, the thing that really makes me feel good about how things are going is that Texas is a battleground state, and is only to move closer and closer towards swing state status.

The lead story was Clinton slipping and Trumps path getting slightly easier.

Clinton News Network confirmed

SmokeMaxX

To add to the PPP numbers;

How big of a swing could we see if Trump's supporters fail to get out on election day? Hillary is straight dominating in these EV numbers all over the place.
What % of Michigan voters are Absentee voting though? Since they don't allow Early Voting, I can't imagine even a large lead to be insurmountable since numbers are probably super low.

That's a bad argument, because this was the first time the primaries were competitive nearly down to the last minute in a very long time.

Every other candidate had this wrapped up way before Trump did, which kills turnout in the last 30% of states or so.

The EV numbers coming in combined with the fact that Trump is receiving less Republican support than Romney or McCain while Clinton has >90% of Dem support is pretty much game over.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

I think it is highly likely that Trump pulled new people into the primary process, but that those new primary voters were already reliably GOP general election voters.

In american politics, rally size means almost nothing.

jonjonaug

The EV numbers coming in combined with the fact that Trump is receiving less Republican support than Romney or McCain while Clinton has >90% of Dem support is pretty much game over.
Trump's Rep support went up after the FBI thing, that's where all the tightening is coming from. It's about even with Clinton's now I think.

Rasmussen Reports ‏@Rasmussen_Poll 13m13 minutes ago
Among undecided voters: #Clinton 41%, #Trump 30%, #Johnson 25%, #Stein 4% http://tinyurl.com/zl64j4j #Election2016 #WhiteHouseWatch

Hmm

Link:

The presidential contest is tied again in the White House Watch survey, but Republican Donald Trump is holding on to his 10-point lead among those who’ve already made up their minds about how they will vote.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds Trump and Democrat Hillary Clinton each with 44% support among Likely U.S. Voters. Libertarian Gary Johnson gets four percent (4%) of the vote, and Green Party candidate Jill Stein is at one percent (1%). Three percent (3%) like another candidate in the race, and four percent (4%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Yesterday, Trump had a three-point lead, but the candidates were dead even for the two days before that.

Eighty-six percent (86%) of voters say they are now certain how they will vote, and among these voters, Trump - for the second day in a row – leads 53% to 43%, with Johnson at three percent (2%) and Stein with two percent (2%). Among voters who still could change their minds, it’s Clinton 41%, Trump 30%, Johnson 25% and Stein four percent (4%).

Sweet Rassss can't make up its mind!

Edit: Ah undecided.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Honestly fuck unions. I'm voting trump.

How dare you interfere with the well being of the planet so you can get a longer break

This is creating such partisan response bias leading to systemic polling error

Trump's Rep support went up after the FBI thing, that's where all the tightening is coming from. It's about even with Clinton's now I think.

That makes sense to a degree, but the Never Trump movement has been going on throughout the election and I don't see how a large percentage of them change their minds at the last second because of a vague FBI letter to Congress.

BiggNife

How dare you interfere with the well being of the planet so you can get a longer break

Y2Kev seems buggy today

Anyone tried unplugging him and plugging him back in

I don't mind unions, but this particular stunt is pretty dumb. There is NO sympathy for SEPTA locally here.

lyrick

When did the return to Hopium day go sour?

Remember the Job Numbers

and look at all this Blue, that's what a large Rally looks like. It makes other rallies look SAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom