• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
The Latino vote is why Bush won in 04 and why the gop elites were against Trump. Latinos, especially the older crowd are conservative by nature. Trump antagonizing us was the biggest mistake he made but it was the only way he could win the primary.

Kangi

@RalstonReports 2m2 minutes ago

Uh, oh: Dems won Washoe tonight for first time in four days, end up with 1,000-vote lead overall:

Dem - 6,058
GOP - 5,820
TOTAL - 16,373

Smells like a tossup, guys

Brinbe

Uh, oh: Dems won Washoe tonight for first time in four days, end up with 1,000-vote lead overall:

Dem - 6,058
GOP - 5,820
TOTAL - 16,373

edit: beaten

dCGKCqa.gif

WRAP THAT SHIT UP, B.

TheFatOne

Guys, I think it's happening, I think we're getting that Hispanic wave (and god help us, it votes Marco Rubio out of office). God bless Nevada and Florida for providing so much hope. I am not confident it'll be enough to flip Texas, but I think Trump wins it by 3-5%.
This is based on nothing but my gut feeling but Texas is going to be a 1-2 point victory and too close to call on Tuesday.

about that...

and...

http://www.politico.com/states/flor...ers-poses-problem-for-trump-in-florida-104717

That article was written in august. As of the end of september, the increase in the voter rolls were closer to 700K.

http://postonpolitics.blog.palmbeac...k-of-registration-swells-florida-voter-rolls/

I've even seen numbers as high as 900K though october.

For "unlikely white voters" to turn out, they have to be registered first- and the registration advantage has been WILDLY lopsided.

Also, Godcohn just tweeted about this

Important to remember as irregular voters start turning out: missing and newly registered voters lean Dem

Zukkoyaki

All of this incredible news about Latinos in Nevada, Texas and Florida has me legit curious about Arizona... I have been thinking it was a long shot this whole time but now I'm not so sure.

The Latino vote is why Bush won in 04 and why the gop elites were against Trump. Latinos, especially the older crowd are conservative by nature. Trump antagonizing us was the biggest mistake he made but it was the only way he could win the primary.
this proves the dumbassery of the Republican party,

they had the choice between Jeb! and Marco but went with Trump

Trump sent the party backwards for generations erasing W's numbers

This is based on nothing but my gut feeling but Texas is going to be a 1-2 point victory and too close to call on Tuesday.

Dood, not even I'm that optimistic. But if your gut is right, GOP leaders will be shitting bricks trying to figure out if they should be more frightened of an ascendant Latinx minority, or their bat-shit crazy Nazi base.

UraMallas

I see Nate Silver did put Nevada back in the Clinton column, just fyi

Thanks for the update. I've decided to not give 538 anymore clicks this cycle. Unbookmarked and unfollowed on Twitter.

Guys, I think it's happening, I think we're getting that Hispanic wave (and god help us, it votes Marco Rubio out of office). God bless Nevada and Florida for providing so much hope. I am not confident it'll be enough to flip Texas, but I think Trump wins it by 3-5%.

Florida fucking owes us one.

Dood, not even I'm that optimistic. But if your gut is right, GOP leaders will be shitting bricks trying to figure out if they should be more frightened of an ascendant Latinx minority, or their bat-shit crazy Nazi base.

I posted an article yesterday(?), perhaps the day before.

Democrats had actually outvoted Republicans in Texas early voting.

no clue if that held up through the end of early voting today, but if it did- yeah a 1 or 2 point margin is a possibility.

it's NEVER been that close. republicans usually win that one easily.

One thing to watch about NC/NV/FL is the total share of the early vote vs. the total vote. Republicans have been screeching "we'll make it up on election day!!!" but they're going to just flat out run out of votes.

All of this incredible news about Latinos in Nevada, Texas and Florida has me legit curious about Arizona... I have been thinking it was a long shot this whole time but now I'm not so sure.

3 hour waits in certain precincts of Tuscon today.

Clinton ain't spending time and money there to fuck with Trump's head. She wants to bury the GOP wherever she can

It'll be kind of funny if latino turnout surges and daggers Trump after the recent pushback against the 2012 narrative by data analysts about how exit polls exaggerated the impact of the the latino vote.

Bowdz

I really hope either Ryan or whoever becomes Speaker grows a pair and at least puts the inevitable immigration reform 2.0 up for a vote in the House. It would have passed in 2013 if it was put to a vote by Boehner and I'd imagine the votes are more or less still there now. If the Dems take the Senate, I think the big three pieces of legislation we might see are immigration reform, criminal justice reform, and an infrastructure bill.

Thanks for the update. I've decided to not give 538 anymore clicks this cycle. Unbookmarked and unfollowed on Twitter.

Florida fucking owes us one.

If Florida hadn't gone bush in 00, we never would have gotten Obama in 08, or Trump destroying the republican party in '16.

Florida is the real hero we never knew we needed.

I really hope either Ryan or whoever becomes Speaker grows a pair and at least puts the inevitable immigration reform 2.0 up for a vote in the House. It would have passed in 2013 if it was put to a vote by Boehner and I'd imagine the votes are more or less still there now. If the Dems take the Senate, I think the big three pieces of legislation we might see are immigration reform, criminal justice reform, and an infrastructure bill.

Any Speaker will be living in fear of the Freedom Caucus. I don't see how it happens.

If Florida hadn't gone bush in 00, we never would have gotten Obama in 08, or Trump destroying the republican party in '16.

Florida is the real hero we never knew we needed.
Hell no, Bush fucked the whole world for decades with his wars. Nothing is worth that.

Loudninja

Onion news

Trump Raises Concern Over Members Of Urban Communities Voting More Than Zero Times
ATKINSON, NH—Warning supporters that the troubling practice could affect the outcome of the election, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump expressed strong concern Friday that members of urban communities were voting more than zero times, sources reported. “I’ve heard stories that some of these people in the inner cities are trying to steal the election by casting over zero ballots—we can’t let this happen, folks,” said Trump, who claimed that hundreds of urban voting precincts across the country often have turnout numbers that are far higher than zero percent of eligible voters. “Very trustworthy sources have told me that in many of these urban neighborhoods, people are voting in excess of zero times by mailing in a ballot under their own name or even just by walking right up to a polling place and voting without a problem—and the poll workers there will just go along with it. It’s a terrible thing that’s happening in those places, and it needs to be stopped.” Trump added that concerned supporters should form groups, head to urban precincts, and “do what needs to be done” to take care of the problem
http://www.theonion.com/article/trump-raises-concern-over-members-urban-communitie-54593

GutsOfThor

She won't win Texas but I would absolutely LOVE it if when the polls close that Texas is too close to call.

Nevada is the poster child for "why models should be incorporating early voting in with polls." This is flat out embarrassing.

I can understand models not figuring out the early vote issue yet. The punditry and writing ignoring it is far less forgivable. 538 was supposed to be more than just Nate's model, but it's really not outside of a handful of Enten articles.

Teggy

I'll admit it, I want Silver to get destroyed this year. I hope his final map has a ton of states wrong. (With Hillary winning of course)

who was that poster that swore Gore would have gotten us into war anyway

If 9/11 or similar still happened then war in Afghanistan would probably have happened, doubt the Iraq mess would have happened but who knows

Gore probably would have done things to help all sorts of scientists, not ban or not fund what they were working on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom