• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares? They say that bullshit anyway and the FBI needs to be cleaned up regardless. It needs to be done. Fuck doing it carefully.

I'm tired of dems tip toeing around shit. If we take the senate we got 2 years to get shit done. Might as well do it before we lose in the midterms anyway.

I'm a hard core Democrat and even I'm uncomfortable with Democrats cleaning house of the FBI over this.

Let alone what an Independent or casual Democrat might think

I'd rather get a good director in there to clean it up from within, over time, and with care.

Just had a canvasser come to our door in Cuyahoga County, OH. Got to have a nice chat about our recent move, and corrected her information about who lives at our address. Confirmed our plan to vote with her!

Michigan isn't going to flip

Nevada was the last post in the firewall, and that is all but cemented with the early voting turn out.

Clinton has NV, PA, Virginia, that's 271. Trump can't take that away.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Sam Stein
Sam Stein‏ @samsteinhp
Noticias Telemundo poll of Latino voters

76% for Hillary Clinton
14% for Donald Trump,

a 62 point margin

Yet that tied FL poll had Trump 34% with Hispanics.

Souls to the Polls!

CwmbFO9XgAE6wnS.jpg

royalan

If this was true then we wouldn't have won in 2012 and we wouldn't be winning this year. We continue to win because we don't overplay and inevitably get punished for it.
We won in 2012, and will continue to win on the Presidential level, because Republicans are racist/sexist assholes who can't escape their own base. The ONLY way Democrats lose the presidency from here on out is if they spend more time playing with Republicans than trying to get things done so they have something to show to their base to keep them motivated.

But local politics in another story. We get whipped in midterms, because that base that keeps Republicans from winning the presidency consistently delivers for them locally. And we get whipped in midterms precisely because we don't play hard.

Grexeno

We won in 2012, and will continue to win on the Presidential level, because Republicans are racist/sexist assholes who can't escape their own base. The ONLY way Democrats lose the presidency from here on out is if they spend more time playing with Republicans than trying to get things done so they have something to show to their base to keep them motivated.

But local politics in another story. We get whipped in midterms, because that base that keeps Republicans from winning the presidency consistently delivers for them locally. And we get whipped in midterms precisely because we don't play hard.
No, we continue to win on the presidential level because we don't overplay like you want us to. Watch how quickly Americans will flip back to the Republicans if Clinton tries to clean out the FBI.

Michigan isn't going to flip

Nevada was the last post in the firewall, and that is all but cemented with the early voting turn out.

Clinton has NV, PA, Virginia, that's 271. Trump can't take that away.
Issue in Washington, though with at least one and now possibly two faithless electors.

It won't be close enough to matter, but if SHTF and it actually is that close, it would be an issue that would test the strength of this country to the core...

royalan

No, we continue to win on the presidential level because we don't overplay like you want us to. Watch how quickly Americans will flip back to the Republicans if Clinton tries to clean out the FBI.

So we'll just keep loosing the House.

And the Senate.

And governors mansions.

And local legislators.

You know, where most of the shit that actually affects us actually happens.

I just don't know who this voter is that you're concerned about. The voter that is aware of what the FBI has done, but would be enraged at Clinton if she did something about it. Who is this voter?

I have hopes for midterms going forward if that becomes Obama's cause(after we fix gerrymandering). He could be huge and if Democrats wake the fuck up and fund-raise and treat it like a major election year we might actually get out there. Just get out there and vote every 2 years. 1 hour every 2 years and progressive policies can be a reality. Obama was the first step and hopefully Clinton the next.

YES WE CAN!

Boke1879

I'm a hard core Democrat and even I'm uncomfortable with Democrats cleaning house of the FBI over this.

Let alone what an Independent or casual Democrat might think

I'd rather get a good director in there to clean it up from within, over time, and with care.

That's the problem with Dems now. They care too much about how things look instead of doing what's needed. You think Comey gave a damn about how it looked when he sent that letter? Or do you think the FBI cares how it looks that all this stuff leaked out?

GOP says all this crap about dems anyway when it's not true.

Wilsongt

Just saw the video of Kellyanne Conway trying to be shady on CNN when she was called out that Trump wasn't about to be assassinated.

Grexeno

So we'll just keep loosing the House.

And the Senate.

And governors mansions.

And local legislators.

You know, where most of the shit that actually affects us actually happens.

I just don't know who this voter is that you're concerned about. The voter that is aware of what the FBI has done, but would be enraged at Clinton if she did something about it. Who is this voter?
Those voters don't exist, because voters don't think the FBI has done anything wrong.

royalan

That's the problem with Dems now. They care too much about how things look instead of doing what's needed. You think Comey gave a damn about how it looked when he sent that letter? Or do you think the FBI cares how it looks that all this stuff leaked out?

GOP says all this crap about dems anyway when it's not true.

Exactly.

We're fucked from the beginning if we try to play a game of optics against a party who constantly says fuck optics.

bplewis24

Neo Member
Withdrawing Garland wouldn't hurt, but clearing house at the FBI? Are you insane? Not only would the resulting public outcry immediately force the Clinton administration to abandon it, but we'd be massacred in 2018 (even more than we already will be) and 2020 would dramatically increase in difficulty.

The FBI is alleged to be interfering with the very fabric of our democracy. Investigating and canning anybody who is acting with partisan intent stands on merit. It would have to be done the right way, of course (it can't look like Clinton is merely taking revenge), but under no circumstances can what appears to be happening be allowed if we care about our democracy at all.

Exactly.

We're fucked from the beginning if we try to play a game of optics against a party who constantly says fuck optics.
They nominated a figure that says fuck optics all day long.

Garland really should be about the last move for Dems that takes into account what they might think.

Grexeno

The FBI is alleged to be interfering with the very fabric of our democracy. Investigating and canning anybody who is acting with partisan intent stands on merit. It would have to be done the right way, of course (it can't look like Clinton is merely taking revenge), but under no circumstances can what appears to be happening be allowed if we care about our democracy at all.
Nobody outside of NeoGAF thinks the FBI has done anything wrong. There is absolutely no way for a President Clinton to not look incredibly corrupt while cleaning house at the FBI

Crocodile

Nobody outside of NeoGAF thinks the FBI has done anything wrong. There is absolutely no way for a President Clinton to not look incredibly corrupt while cleaning house at the FBI

I mean the bolded is clearly not true. However, I''m not going to speculate if there are enough people who think the FBI fucked up for a "house-cleaning" venture to avoid enough criticism to be a poor political move.

Plenty of people on both sides of the political divide think that what Comey did was wrong. You might want to step out of the bubble every once in a while yourself.

I hate to break it to you but even Republican Congressmen think what the FBI did was fucked up and needs to be looked into.

tuffy

Though firing agents just because they're investigating obvious bullshit would be going too far, firing anyone who leaked information about an ongoing investigation to a political campaign would hardly be controversial.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

All it would take is for the president to give a detailed example to the public of why and how what they did was wrong.

royalan

https://www.google.com/search?q=FBI+comey+was+wrong

And I'm with you, that cleaning house is a power move that would scare the shit out of most people. But let's not act like we're unique here. Comey is done.

Hillary herself doesn't need to clean house. She needs to appoint someone who will be zero-tolerance on shit like this. The house cleaning will happen on its own.

Make an example out of Comey, this will piss literally nobody off after last week where he got shit on by pretty much everyone but Trump voters. Get rid of Comey, appoint someone who will do the job. That person can't be a Republican. Clearly.

I think cleaning house in the FBI would be best done in Obama's lame duck period, getting rid of everyone who leaked everything. It helps a little with the "optics," as much as it matters, and it's not like Obama is gonna be able to do much else during that period beside maybe push TPP through.

thebloo

Doing anything with the FBI isn't going to make a lick of difference in terms of Democratic turnout in off-year/local elections.

Mostly this. People honestly don't give 2 shits about the FBI outside of stuff like this. So, clean it, nuke it, whatever, as long as it's done professionally. Still doesn't get you the House.

Salvadora

Kellyanne Conway did not have a meltdown on CNN judging by that video.

Dodged and deflected, sure, but nothing particularly noteworthy.

In fact - if there's anyone I'm impressed by in the Trump campaign, it's her.

She is able to spin the obscene into the (somewhat) palatable.

thebloo

Kellyanne Conway did not have a meltdown on CNN judging by that video.

Dodged and deflected, sure, but nothing particularly noteworthy.

In fact - if there's anyone I'm impressed by in the Trump campaign, it's her.

She is able to spin the obscene into the (somewhat) palatable.

What was palatable in there? She did not answer one question and almost asked Tapper to prove that the election is not rigged. Just because she's better than Katrina Pierson, doesn't really make her good.

Owen Ellickson shading Nate #2: https://twitter.com/onlxn/status/795019547724025856

What sort of bubble do you have to live in to think posters on a gaming forum were the only people upset at Comey?

Salvadora

What was palatable in there? She did not answer one question and almost asked Tapper to prove that the election is not rigged. Just because she's better than Katrina Pierson, doesn't really make her good.

Owen Ellickson shading Nate #2: https://twitter.com/onlxn/status/795019547724025856
I'm speaking more generally about her performance over the campaign.

As I noted, she dodged and deflected consistently in that video but nothing resembling a "meltdown."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom