• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramatis

What I hate about the Comey situation is that it has shown that the polarization of the country has crawled into even the what are supposed to be dry bureaucratic institutions of the government, that nothing can be done without partisan spin. I don't want the government to be dysfunctional for decades because we freaking lost 2010.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Ive been sitting in my vet's waiting room for an hour. Annual check up. Lol

Early voting looking very meh though! Meh to the max.

Diablos

Wow we are losing early voting in all the states now. Margin squeeze in Nevada and off North Carolina and falling behind in Florida and people even live in Pennsylvania. This is so bad.

Sheets all wet.
I live here. Me and that guy on CNN who enjoys telling people that. Also Amir0x. We got this

BadRNG

I'm getting Scott's Tots vibes from that article
It's Scott's Tots if Michael had the money but refused to give it because he's a cheap piece of shit.

Fahrenthold's reporting is incredible, but the article just left me feeling angry. Monty Burns is more sympathetic than Trump. Can anything legal come of this? If he is found self dealing, is it just a fine?

Trouble

Banned
Wow we are losing early voting in all the states now. Margin squeeze in Nevada and off North Carolina and falling behind in Florida and people even live in Pennsylvania. This is so bad.

Sheets all wet.

Stop trying to make Y2Keving a thing.

Jackson50

What I hate about the Comey situation is that it has shown that the polarization of the country has crawled into even the what are supposed to be dry bureaucratic institutions of the government, that nothing can be done without partisan spin. I don't want the government to be dysfunctional for decades because we freaking lost 2010.
That all changed once people realized the BLS was cooking the books for Obama's reelection in 2012. Now no one will trust government stats now. Even Trump knows the Fed is in the bag for Clinton.

Syder

Sheets all wet.

Please tell me this just joking and this isnt really nothing to worry about...I know nothing of USA politics.
I'm in the same boat as Caja. Clue me, America-peeps.

"Got some hot oppo on Trump coming, stay tuned, it's going to be crazy....and as always please like, comment, and subscribe. My patreon donation link is here, and I also have a kick-starter to fund a new book I'm publishing, 'How to Cock-Tease in the Social-Media Era'."

If NC continues to look bad just give up on it and blanket CO, NV and FL
Her lead in the aggregate is higher in NC than any of these states except Colorado that doesn't need any attention!

There is nothing in NC that looks bad for us! It looks damn good, especially since the new polling locations are open!

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
NC looks fine Dems are starting to catch up to 2012 numbers after the governor fucked up early voting locations. Now that there are more locations opened look for Dems to catch up rapidly.

If PA continues to not have people living, pull out and double down in MI

360ff645f6f8a0e5cfe941fd709efd64.gif

Jackson50

If NC continues to look bad just give up on it and blanket CO, NV and FL
To be honest, I think it this point it might be best to consider NC and FL as lost causes. Trump has momentum there. Focus on CO, PA, and WI. She only needs those to win. And she might be able to.

To be honest, I think it this point it might be best to consider NC and FL as lost causes. Trump has momentum there. Focus on CO, PA, and WI. She only needs those to win. And she might be able to.

I would say she should shore up her base first. Start with VA, MN and OR.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister

I don't think that is necessarily so. Not all those registered Republicans will be voting for Trump. Probably 4-7% for Hillary.

Are....are you serious?! Because, I legitimately cannot even tell anymore. This is just wrong on so many levels. CO, PA and WI get her to 269, btw. Not 270.

Secondly, out of like 18 phone polls since the first debate, Trump had a lead in ONE of them and everyone who knows anything about Florida politics can tell you why that poll is terrible. (It starts with the pollster refusing to adjust her sample to maintain "purity" which is just bullshit).

NC is looking insanely good for us. Trump hasn't led in a single phone poll there since the beginning of September!

Joeytj

Banned
Are....are you serious?! Because, I legitimately cannot even tell anymore. This is just wrong on so many levels. CO, PA and WI get her to 269, btw. Not 270.

Secondly, out of like 18 phone polls since the first debate, Trump had a lead in ONE of them and everyone who knows anything about Florida politics can tell you why that poll is terrible. (It starts with the pollster refusing to adjust her sample to maintain "purity" which is just bullshit).

NC is looking insanely good for us. Trump hasn't led in a single phone poll there since the beginning of September!

I think him, Diablos and Kev are joking. And if they're not, whatever. PoliGAF is a mess today.

I could swear Dems were doing well in both NC and Florida.
We are! Very well! This is just so wrong on so many levels.

We're winning the party registration advantage in POLK COUNTY, and if no one knows why that is significant, then they don't get party politics and demographics in the state of Florida I won't even go into the fact we're maintaining a lead in Duval county!

The hell are you guys talking about? I really doubt she loses Florida or North Carolina.

Zackat

You don't give up on FL until the results are in. It's too big of a prize.

Jackson50

I would say she should shore up her base first. Start with VA, MN and OR.
She needs to stop by NY too. I know the polls show her ahead there. But Trump said this in September:

“Just so you understand, we are going to play New York. You know, we’re not just doing this for fun. We’re going to play New York,” Trump told the New York Conservative Party at its convention Wednesday evening.

“We are going to play so hard and win. We are going to win this state,” he added as he wrapped up his speech. “It’s going to shock people, and by the way, you know if we win this state, it’s over. We win, OK? We win.”
It makes me wonder if he has internal polls that show NY is much closer than we think. And if you consider the Brexit effect, it could be very shocking there.

Maybe we should pull out of every swing state. Look guys, Hillary obviously isn't going to win, Obama will be impeached by the new Congress. If we shore up California and New York (Schumer will need the coattails to be an effective Minority Leader), maybe we can finish over 100 EVs and the Republicans will treat us with some dignity when they put us under the guillotine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom