• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grexeno

I interpret it as relating to, not coming from. Why would she release it after the election?
There's really no way to misunderstand "from" here. In regards to releasing something after the election, I don't know. It's possible it could be any one of the 3 instead of just the two from Clinton.

But also every single person who's said "OPPO COMING" this election has been wrong so

Cerium

If you have to tease shit you don't have shit.

No one teased the Access Hollywood video, the 47%, you name it.

Real oppo needs no hype.

Boke1879

I interpret it as relating to, not coming from. Why would she release it after the election?

But I'm probably wrong.

They could could have made it clear if they said 1 on trump and 2 on Clinton. The wording is confusing so I'm not sure.

But why would either one of them wait until after the election? Hillary could use that after she wins in an attempt to bury the shit out of Trump and his brand.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

But I'm probably wrong.

It's the comma placement. But it's pretty silly, I think, to assume that so many people know what this oppo is on Twitter and that it's "coming." That implies it is nothing.

shem935

Banned
When have randoms on twitter successfully hyped something game changing this election season? Especially fucking Frank Luntz.

Do we have any evidence of someone hyping oppo that actually led to a bombshell?

Oppo exists in it's own plane, at one place and time. E=MC^2 type shit. Hype does not enter into the oppo equation. Oppo is oppo is oppo.

hJIzcbK.png

This is gross.

I just had one of the most exhilarating experiences of my life and I thought I was recording it and it WASN'T RECORDING UUGHGHGJGHH

I just wrapped up a brief conversation with a "both sides" armchair political in which I replied to every one of their points with lyrics from Panic at the Disco's "Camisado".

This was literally the peak of my terrible existence and I failed to immortalize it.

FUCK.

He was like "The GOP will dump Trump and everyone will forget he was ever here. Politics won't change."

And I said "this was no accident, this was a therapeutic chain of events."

And he was like "yeah, but what could they do? You can't deny democracy."

And I said "you can't the kid from the fight. Take the fight from the kid."

And he said "but the GOP isn't going to deny their nominee and endorse Hillary."

And I said "talk about your regular decorated emergency."

And he said "this is what I'm talking about. People hate politics because people like Hillary Clinton cheat and lie and don't even care about the country. People like Trump just because he's not that. They're just too dumb to tell he's just as bad. This is why I'm note voting."

And I said "well, it's not so pleasant and it's not so conventional, it sure as Hell ain't normal, but we do, we do."

And he smiled and got up and felt like I had agreed with him. This. Was. My. Miracle. FUCK.

It's the comma placement. But it's pretty silly, I think, to assume that so many people know what this oppo is on Twitter and that it's "coming." That implies it is nothing.

I have trouble figuring out what is "nothing" in this day and age.
The guy's Telfon.

Zackat

I just had one of the most exhilarating experiences of my life and I thought I was recording it and it WASN'T RECORDING UUGHGHGJGHH

I just wrapped up a brief conversation with a "both sides" armchair political in which I replied to every one of their points with lyrics from Panic at the Disco's "Camisado".

This was literally the peak of my terrible existence and I failed to immortalize it.

FUCK.

He was like "The GOP will dump Trump and everyone will forget he was ever here. Politics won't change."

And he said "but the GOP isn't going to deny their nominee and endorse Hillary."

And he said "this is what I'm talking about. People hate politics because people like Hillary Clinton cheat and lie and don't even care about the country. People like Trump just because he's not that. They're just too dumb to tell he's just as bad. This is why I'm note voting."

And I said "well, it's not so pleasant and it's not so conventional, if sure as Hell ain't normal, but we do, we do."

And he smiled and got up and felt like I had agreed with him. This. Was. My. Miracle. FUCK.

raw

thebloo

The guy is a fucking TV character. He did a riff on Hillary's small crowds and how she imitates him and then immediately started to read the teleprompter in a clear "I have no idea what's written" tone.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I'll take back the posts I made defending Comey's proceduralism yesterday. The guy is apparently a moron.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The most important decision to make on Nov. 8th is regarding charter schools.

oTKgTan.gif

From what I understand, Charter schools are a way to take tenured abusive communists out of the inner city schools and replace those schools with amazing Harvard-feeding academies of excellence, and definitely not a way to move public funds into Jesus schools and abandon poor people entirely.

Jackson50

Shit, how does this impact voting though?
My friends live in Philly, and they are worried. They say this could be the real November surprise. I guess they think PA would go to Trump if this happens, so I hope it doesn't.
My god. He's comically evil. Trump trolls children who live in poverty. That's Monty Burns level of callousness. The next story will detail Trump's love of stealing candy from babies.
In 1997, for instance, he was “principal for a day” at a public school in an impoverished area of the Bronx. The chess team was holding a bake sale, Hot & Crusty danishes and croissants. They were $5,000 short of what they needed to travel to a tournament.

Trump had brought something to wow them.

“He handed them a fake million-dollar bill,” said David MacEnulty, a teacher and the chess team’s coach.

The team’s parent volunteers were thrilled.

Then disappointment.

Trump then gave them $200 in real money and drove away in a limousine.

Emarv

FUCK.

And I said "well, it's not so pleasant and it's not so conventional, if sure as Hell ain't normal, but we do, we do."

This is great. The spirit of Urie would be proud.

Y'all are stuck plumbing the depths of this weekends' political stupidity, and I'm over here eating roast beast and salmon among beautiful people. Sad!

IMAG0143.jpg

royalan

He's a complete moron who has surrounded himself with people as dumb.

Correction: Trump is a moron who has surrounded himself with people smart enough to realize that the general voting public can be equally gullible, especially if you repeat something over and over and over.

I'll slam the Trump campaign for a lot of things...but what they can't be slammed for is the mastery of headline news. He won't win, but it's the only reason he can hover around 40.

Correction: Trump is a moron who has surrounded himself with people smart enough to realize that the general voting public can be equally gullible, especially if you repeat something over and over and over.

I'll slam the Trump campaign for a lot of things...but what they can't be slammed for is the mastery of headline news. He won't win, but it's the only reason he can hover around 40.

Trump and a used car salesman managed to win the primaries which probably guaranteed him 40% of the vote.

thcsquad

My friends live in Philly, and they are worried. They say this could be the real November surprise. I guess they think PA would go to Trump if this happens, so I hope it doesn't. My god. He's comically evil. Trump trolls children who live in poverty. That's Monty Burns level of callousness. The next story will detail Trump's love of stealing candy from babies.

'america, you are this Bronx school. Trump's campaign is the fake million dollar bill. Dont get fooled again'

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Everyone being mad about the use of the term "October Surprise" is a real Citizen Kane moment. The term is so silly it's become a sort of parody. Now news media use it seriously because, well, why not, which is akin to the people using the clapping gif without any irony. And then people getting mad about it is like acknowledging it!

Sanjuro

From what I understand, Charter schools are a way to take tenured abusive communists out of the inner city schools and replace those schools with amazing Harvard-feeding academies of excellence, and definitely not a way to move public funds into Jesus schools and abandon poor people entirely.

It's basically championing the opening of a new Chiptole, with the worst case scenario of it really just being another Taco Bell.

andthebeatgoeson

My friends live in Philly, and they are worried. They say this could be the real November surprise. I guess they think PA would go to Trump if this happens, so I hope it doesn't. My god. He's comically evil. Trump trolls children who live in poverty. That's Monty Burns level of callousness. The next story will detail Trump's love of stealing candy from babies.
How? Voting locations are local. I guess you could say some would not make it home from work in time but it seems unpredictable.

Hovering around the very floor for a major party candidate is not exactly some grand accomplishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom