• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebloo

Here's the chart. I put it since the exact day, even if polling would only show a drop later.

l21T9Rp.jpg

Vestal

Don't know if it's posted but just keeping this updated.

But but... That's the failing New York Times it's not the bastion of truth and liberty that Breitbart is.

I think I will wait for a real source like Twitter or Stormfront before I give any weight to these unsubstantiated rumors of crooked Hillary.

PoliGAF so quick to impugn Comey. He weighed several options with serious consequences and he went with his best judgment. I agree with him that it would look very bad on the bureau if there was a leak (and according to NYT, he was certain there would be) and decided that he should send the letter to congress. After all, Clinton is not at risk of losing the election.

Emarv

Speaking of Citizen Kane, there is nothing more poetic and writ in irony than Trump talking about how Citizen Kane is his favorite movie. It's honestly the video I keep coming back to the most this election. It just seems so apt for everything that's happened and for everything that's coming and I seriously wonder how self-aware he is as a person.

I'm genuinely fascinated by it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aeQOJZ-QzBk

PoliGAF so quick to impugn Comey. He weighed several options with serious consequences and he went with his best judgment. I agree with him that it would look very bad on the bureau if there was a leak (and according to NYT, he was certain there would be) and decided that he should send the letter to congress. After all, Clinton is not at risk of losing the election.

Even if it had leaked, the FBI could then make a statement to the public about an ongoing investigation and not commenting until it's complete. However, since Comey idiotically held a press conference months ago to insert his face into this witch hunt, which has only grown savager by the day from Trumpkins, he feels he needs to cover his own ass. So both times he should have shut the fuck up. When he has enough to recommend charges, then he should speak.

I think a lot of us here understand the bind he was in(which he put himself in) but this close to the election he should have at least looked at the new evidence first to see if a comment was even warranted. Or at the very least be incredibly specific about what you actually had. Which he couldn't be since he hasn't seen it.

His vagueness is the issue.

Dunno if legit

As of this morning, some 3.23m of the state’s 12.7m active registered voters have cast Vote-by-Mail or Early In-Person ballots in Florida. So, 25.5% of active voters on the rolls have already turned out to vote in the Sunshine State.

Here are the partisan and demographic breakdowns.

Party Turnout

29.4% of 4.5m active registered Republicans have voted.

27.0% of 4.8m active registered Democrats have voted.

17.6% of 3.0m active registered No Party Affiliates have voted.

Racial/Ethnic Turnout

28.1% of 8.2m active registered Whites have voted.

20.6% of 1.7m active registered Blacks have voted.

21.4% of 2.0m active registered Hispanics have voted.

Age Turnout

41% of the 4.5m voters 60 and older have voted.

25.6% of the 3.3m voters 45-59 have voted.

14.7% of the 2.3m voters 30-44 have voted.

9.5% of the 2.0m voters 18-29 have voted.

Still lots of voting to come, including EIP happening today and tomorrow.

https://electionsmith.wordpress.com...icity-age-turnout-figures-as-of-this-morning/

My dad voted for Clinton even though he bought into the benghazi email stuff because he thinks trump is insane. Thats a lot better than not voting or voting third party, glad he did

kess

Speaking of Citizen Kane, there is nothing more poetic and writ in irony than Trump talking about how Citizen Kane is his favorite movie. It's honestly the video I keep coming back to the most this election. It just seems so apt for everything that's happened and for everything that's coming and I seriously wonder how self-aware he is as a person.

I'm genuinely fascinated by it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aeQOJZ-QzBk

Whoa, he's actually sort of sane and perceptive here

NeoXChaos

If you needed any further proof RCP is trash:
Marc Caputo ‏@MarcACaputo 1h1 hour ago
Why is this week's FAU poll not in real clear politics averages (though it's been there before) but GOP Dixie Strategies (which hasn't) is?

Marc CaputoVerified account
‏@MarcACaputo
Dixie & Remington run by Republicans. Gravis leans GOP. Opinion Savvy's pollster was Gingrich adviser. PPP only Real Clear D poll in FL

Steve Schale ‏@steveschale 1h1 hour ago
Steve Schale Retweeted Marc Caputo
One of my issues with RCP - it's easily manipulated. Flooding it with GOP polls is a strategy

Cv-PRebXEAAkfXJ.jpg

FloridaGAF please vote =(

Please =(

Come correct, son. I am personally responsible for at least a half-million votes all by myself. You know how many obituaries I had to read and the calloused fingers I have from putting that info into Excel?

Pfft. You probably haven't even voted a dozen times, I bet. We got this shit

Those numbers are quite good for us, if you're worried. Also, going out on a Saturday night is stupid. But my idiot fiance wants to and I love his stupid face.

You need the alcohol stored up for tomorrows Browns game, me on the other hand will be fine. My Jags are dead, our season is over and we will be losing our shit coaches!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I wish I'm wrong but it really seems like this will give Trump new voters. Every negative event surrounding Trump or Clinton has had an impact on the numbers. I'm not trying to be a troll here, just feels like all of our basic institutions have become a total disaster.

Dont let it worry you. You are wrong.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
We need an expert on early voting numbers. Everyone is all "HERE ARE SOME GRAPHS" but analysis would be nice.

Zukkoyaki

Well we have a few people here constantly reminding us that Florida GOP usually beats dems by around 5% in early voting and this year they're running nearly even which is a very good thing considering Florida went blue the past two elections.

Well we have a few people here constantly reminding us that Florida GOP usually beats dems by around 5% in early voting and this year they're running nearly even which is a very good thing considering Florida went blue the past two elections.

Yep, that's how I see things. At least until McMuffin comes from behind the ring and hits The Donald and Sulfur Clinton with a folded up metal chair thus winning the state....thats how elections work right?

I wish I'm wrong but it really seems like this will give Trump new voters. Every negative event surrounding Trump or Clinton has had an impact on the numbers. I'm not trying to be a troll here, just feels like all of our basic institutions have become a total disaster.
If you don't like Trump, this will not change your mind to vote for him. I just don't see it happening. I see people staying home rather than voting for him.

Even if it had leaked, the FBI could then make a statement to the public about an ongoing investigation and not commenting until it's complete. However, since Comey idiotically held a press conference months ago to insert his face into this witch hunt, which has only grown savager by the day from Trumpkins, he feels he needs to cover his own ass. So both times he should have shut the fuck up. When he has enough to recommend charges, then he should speak.

Yeah, and I'd be more sympathetic if we didn't end up with leaks with more info than Comey's letter did, so he clearly had more to give. He was vague by choice.

GhaleonEB

Early votes cast in Guilford County, NC through today. See if you can spot where polling was expanded to Dem areas.

Cv-drb4WEAASmAU.jpg

Cv-dw6QWYAAQTI-.jpg

https://twitter.com/BowTiePolitics/status/792525749429346308

We need an expert on early voting numbers. Everyone is all "HERE ARE SOME GRAPHS" but analysis would be nice.

I've been intentionally limiting my reading to a few sites so I don't go crazy in this last stretch, so guilty as charged, but some like the above just need context to tell the story.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
With how split the vote is looking to be in Utah, I was curious what was the smallest percentage a candidate received in a state they won since the two major parties formed. The 1912 and 1992 elections I figured were most likely to have states with low plurality victories as both had strong third party candidates.

In 1992, Bill Clinton won Nevada with 37.36% of the vote and H.W. Bush won Arizona with 38.45%. The smallest percentages in 1912 were Wilson winning Idaho with 32.08%, Teddy winning Washington with 35.22% and Taft winning Utah with 37.46%.

I checked some other elections with fairly well-represented third parties: in 1968 Nixon won Tennesse with 37.85% and Wallace took Arkansas with 38.65%. The 1860 election is tricky since the Democrats split into two parties with regional candidates leaving many off ballots. Lincoln won California with 32.3% and Stephen Douglas took his only victory in Missouri with 35.5%. So it seems Wilson's Idaho win was the smallest.

Prior to the two-party rivalry, Lewis Cass won Wisconsin with 38.3% of the vote in 1848. When no one won enough electoral votes to become president in 1824 John Q. Adams won Illinois with 32.46% (but only got one of the three electoral votes) and Henry Clay took Ohio with 38.49%.

As far as I can tell Wilson's 1912 win in Idaho is the smallest percentage, being one of the few times a candidate won a state with less than a third of the vote. If Trump wins he'll likely do so by more than that but <40%.

This has been an amazing weekend. I've been drinking micro brews, wine and eating oysters on the half shell in Avila Beach while the Internet explodes from concern trolling.

jbug617

Banned
Beyonce talking about the election on instagram
beyonce: The right to use our voice at the polling stations this Election Day is not a privilege that should be taken lightly. Throughout history, from the women’s suffrage movement to the Civil Rights Movement, this is a right that we had to fight to obtain. It was our power that put the first Black president into the White House, and it was our influence that changed the course of history. Exercising the right to vote is imperative to our democracy. Click the link in my bio for local voter information, and make sure your voice is heard at the polls on November 8th.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMIVimNBzMG/?taken-by=beyonce

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fuck those stoners!

Sounds like there is a good chance it passes. We are still weird towards drugs/alcohol, but if you told me pot was illegal around these parts I would act surprised.

It's not that surprising. It took MA how long to allow alcohol sales on Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom