• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a thread yesterday I posted this map
Kkx0nww.png

As an example of how it's going to be very hard for a "normal" Republican to hit 270 in 2020, if one runs.

This should also calm people's nerves about Trump pulling some kind of miracle win.

I'm rarely seeing any Trump or Hillary signs outside at all. Pretty interesting considering I could see Romney/Obama and McCain/Obama signs everywhere I looked. Anyone else experienced this?
I live right by an early voting location in FL, and I remember there being a lot of signs for the Presidential race posted outside it in '08 and '12 - I even shamelessly stole one of the Obama signs after the election in '08 to keep as a souvenir. This year - hardly any. First couple days of early voting, there were tons of signs posted nearby for the various local races, but maybe 1 for Trump and none for Hillary (and none for Aleppo, either). Jill Stein had more signs than all the other presidential candidates combined. I had to stop and do a double-take.

By the local yard sign indicator, Stein is winning Florida.

Amir0x

Banned
We know Clinton is gonna win.

The thing to fear is whether all this will make us lose the Senate. If it does, the first fucking thing Clinton needs to do is destroy Comey's life.

Number one, on day one. The first fucking conversation: how many ways can we ruin Comey?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Why does it even matter? If she wins NV + NC + VA and loses FL + PA + OH + everything else, she still wins.

If she loses PA, you have to suspect she has trouble in something like WI or MI. Nate's just being a doofus.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I really think Clinton needs to do more TV. Her likeability ratings got better after each debate, and I think that's because people actually get to see who she really is as opposed to what right-wing nuts scream on a daily basis on social media.

CBS/YouGov Senate races

Senator John McCain of Arizona, a Republican incumbent and former presidential nominee, is leading Rep. Democrat Ann Kirkpatrick by just 5 points, 43% to 38%, with 11% undecided and 8% voting for “someone else”. Notably, almost all of these “someone else” voters are Donald Trump supporters, who may be frustrated with McCain since he withdrew his endorsement of Trump following the “Access Hollywood” tape revelations.

In Colorado, the incumbent is a Democrat, Senator Michael Bennet. Sen. Bennet also holds a five point lead over his challenger, Republican Darryl Glenn. This may reflect the more conventional partisan divisions in the state: Bennet takes 89% of Clinton supporters, Glenn 83% of Trump supporters. Overall, 10% remain undecided.

Nevertheless, the two “competitive” races live up to the name.

North Carolina’s race, between Sen. Richard Burr, the Republican incumbent, and Deborah Ross, the Democratic challenger, is neck-and-neck at 44% to 44%. Notably, among those who are undecided in the Senate race, Clinton leads by 48% to 27%. However, Ross has actually gained less ground than her opponent since September, when she numerically led Burr 41% to 40%.

In Pennsylvania, the Democrat has actually made up ground. Kathy McGinty now leads incumbent Republican Sen. Pat Toomey by a slim, three-point margin, 44% to 41%. In early October, the race was tied 42% to 42%. McGinty has benefited from Democratic voters coming off the sidelines, with 80% now backing her, up from 75%, as well as an increased lead among women voters. Yet undecided voters in Pennsylvania’s Senate race are not obviously Democratic-leaning: they split 41% for Clinton and 40% for Trump when asked their presidential vote intentions.

https://today.yougov.com/news/2016/10/30/key-battlegrounds-tight-clinton-maintains-eight-po/

Y2Kev

I really think Clinton needs to do more TV. Her likeability ratings got better after each debate, and I think that's because people actually get to see who she really is as opposed to what right-wing nuts scream on a daily basis on social media.

I do agree on that. But I felt she should have done a speech a week starting in September. Instead she kept it low key. I guess her advisors told her people just hate her.

She'll get a nice chance to be on TV a lot in a few months.

I know those NBC polls were pre-Comey, but is there any Friday or Saturday in those YouGov polls?

10/26 - 10/28, so Friday.

Edit: OH there's actually very specific information in the poll about that:

One question that looms over this data is Friday’s revelation that the FBI would be reviewing new emails that may be pertinent to the investigation of Hillary Clinton’s private email use as Secretary of State. While the details are still emerging, the news resurfaced a controversy that has been damaging for Clinton in the past. In light of this, over Friday evening and Saturday morning YouGov recontacted 4500 likely voters from 13 competitive states who had previously been surveyed in mid-October, when 46% backed Clinton and 40% backed Trump.

Roughly four in five (79%) of these voters had heard something about the controversy. So far, the impact of the news appears to be minimal: only 1% of those who said they intended to vote for Clinton two weeks ago now say the controversy has made them “less likely” to vote for Clinton. Another 6% say it “depends what we learn”. Meanwhile most of these voters say the news won’t affect their vote at all, and, importantly, 23% of voters overall – including 27% of those who said two weeks ago they would vote for Clinton – have already voted.

13% of Clinton voters are "more likely" to vote for her now because of it, as well.

https://today.yougov.com/news/2016/10/30/key-battlegrounds-tight-clinton-maintains-eight-po/

Man this race is starting to make me physically ill. No matter the pertinence of the latest Clinton scandal, it hasn't done much to help public perception of her; meanwhile Trump seems relatively untouched despite the release of further allegations. I'm getting scared, GAF. Somebody comfort me.

I'm rarely seeing any Trump or Hillary signs outside at all. Pretty interesting considering I could see Romney/Obama and McCain/Obama signs everywhere I looked. Anyone else experienced this?

signs are what campaigns give out when they have no ground game. back on obama 08 and 12 people used to come in all the time to various field offices asking for signs and we'd tell them that we're better off having them making calls, knocking on doors, inputting data, etc than putting up some sign.

Man this race is starting to make me physically ill. No matter the pertinence of the latest Clinton scandal, it hasn't done much to help public perception of her; meanwhile Trump seems relatively untouched despite the release of further allegations. I'm getting scared, GAF. Somebody comfort me.

Read the post above that shows that this is having no effect at all?

Like I said yesterday, nobody who still cares about the email scandal was going to vote for Clinton in the first place. Which makes Comey's stunt here even dumber.

Y2Kev

That Colorado poll is interesting, and also that Bennett is only up 5. Maybe undersampling Latinos?

That's a very comforting poll. Especially the Already voted percentage.

Except for that 17% that already voted that were unsure or had other intentions with the vote they already made.

That doesn't mean much, unless I'm missing something. Just that 17% of the voters who were undecided/other in their last poll have already voted. Could have broken either way or third-party.

Y2Kev

If it shows Bennet is only up 5, they probably got a bad sample.

In Colorado, the incumbent is a Democrat, Senator Michael Bennet. Sen. Bennet also holds a five point lead over his challenger, Republican Darryl Glenn. This may reflect the more conventional partisan divisions in the state: Bennet takes 89% of Clinton supporters, Glenn 83% of Trump supporters. Overall, 10% remain undecided.

I just don't believe.
edit: Why would they even ask Trump leaners if they were more likely to vote for Clinton? LOL

Seems things should be fine assuming Clinton isn't hauled away in handcuffs. Does the news media even care about the farenthold story considering they literally spent a day whining about the Clinton Foundation over a nothing email?

Read the post above that shows that this is having no effect at all?

Like I said yesterday, nobody who still cares about the email scandal was going to vote for Clinton in the first place. Which makes Comey's stunt here even dumber.

Well, I guess that makes me feel slightly better. It's just every news outlet on my feed is blowing this thing up. I think I'll just shut my eyes to the news until the 9th.

Amir0x

Banned
Heh at am joy guest.

"People across the country are asking me: should i be worried? And i say unequivocally 'Yes! But it is nothing a good pair of safety glasses wont fix, because there will be millions of pieces of shattered raining glass from the ceiling Clinton smashed!'

So corny lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom