• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont since I'd never read Breitbart
The font is the giveaway.

I like how it's been entirely glossed over that a right-wing media outlet is literally running Trump's campaign, but its those darned liberals rigging the media for Clintin. It's rare for a candidate to have an actual factual propaganda outlet outside of, you know, an actual dictatorship. Puts prior abuses of FOX the past 15+ years to shame comparatively.

Speaking of rigged media, in the middle of horserace this week I hope they do remember that Trump has threatened a variety of lawsuits, penalties and actual shutting down of the media! Plus his supporters want them jailed along with Hillary for crimes uncertain. As the only non-federal position mentioned in the Constitution, you twits better step up and do your job to save the country.

I guess it's Halloween? Nah

Cv-gaR2UkAAujjQ.jpg

https://twitter.com/Mbhokie97/status/792528439282589696

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
?

Why are all the tracking polls so weird? A third less likely to vote for Clinton is pretty close to the access Hollywood reaction for Trump, if I remember right.

An 11 point change in top line in one week makes no sense unless the Obamacare stuff was way bigger than we thought.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
?

Why are all the tracking polls so weird? A third less likely to vote for Clinton is pretty close to the access Hollywood reaction for Trump, if I remember right.

An 11 point change in top line in one week makes no sense unless the Obamacare stuff was way bigger than we thought.

Possibly people who always intended to vote Trump but weren't willing to admit it slowly returning to Trump as the big day approaches?

Wow if the narrowing holds then maybe voters have a shorter memory than anticipated. That's bad news for Clinton but I don't think she will lose; just not win by as much.

ABC tracker is the only one really narrowing. Everything else has been about where we would expect it to be for about a 6-7 point lead.

Most polls seems to be adjusting to 3-5 lead to Clinton.

Trump seems to be plucking off casual Libertarian supporters. Kepp in mind that Gary conceded 4 days ago. So Johnson is leaking supporters to Trump and Clinton is suffering some flaking but the true extent is yet to be seen.

Zukkoyaki

Most polls seems to be adjusting to 3-5 lead to Clinton.

Trump seems to be plucking off casual Libertarian supporters. Kepp in mind that Gary conceded 4 days ago. So Johnson is leaking supporters to Trump and Clinton is suffering some flaking but the true extent is yet to be seen.
Just three days ago, three national polls that went +6 +9 +15 for Clinton came out. Trackers are there for a reason but we need proper live survey polls to substantiate them before we can assume anything.

Heck we got good polls from outlets like Gravis and Emerson (R-leaning landline only pollsters).

Pixieking

Banned
Sam Wang Opinion piece in the NYT.
Voter entrenchment is maintained in part by negative feelings about the opposition. Such warfare takes a toll. The approval ratings of both major nominees have declined steadily over the last 20 years, and Mr. Trump is the most negatively viewed nominee that Gallup has ever recorded. Democratic-leaning voters and many college-educated Republicans find it unthinkable to support Mr. Trump given his appeals to racial and anti-immigrant resentment. In 2012, Mitt Romney came with the baggage of his party; in 2016, Mr. Trump is baggage personified.

For this reason, Mrs. Clinton’s support is unlikely to flag even as her email has again attracted the attention of the F.B.I. Likewise, for committed Republicans, support for Mrs. Clinton is out of the question. In a Florida survey, 84 percent of Trump voters said that Mrs. Clinton should be in prison, and 40 percent said she was a demon.

That quote is cherry-picked from about half-way down, so it's worth reading the whole thing. :)

Zukkoyaki

Then what is it?
Come on, it's one poll and if you read the article it admits that you should read the top result with caution. It points to the plethora of other Florida polls in the past week taken in a similar timeframe with Clinton ahead 3-4 points.

Diablos

Come on, it's one poll and if you read the article it admits that you should read the top result with caution. It points to the plethora of other Florida polls in the past week taken in a similar timeframe with Clinton ahead 3-4 points.
All taken before Comey being a loser.
I'm just anxious for more data and not just daily tracking noise.

Zukkoyaki

Also in regards to the Siena poll, Trump is leading college educated white by 16 so I'm still feeling that it's a bit of an outlier and nothing panic-worthy

fantomena

Diablos

I don't know if this is the right time though? We're in the final stretch. She needs to stay on the stump and get ahead of the Comey comet. Which she has been doing. If she speaks about the pipeline she'll get called out for trying to distract from her problems and blah blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom