• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find anything of the sort. Weld gave a statement that Trump cannot be President, which reads as a silent endorsement of Hillary, but that's it.

Basically the Libertarian Party put up a statement which included Weld saying that Hillary should be President.

It's Johnson conceding silently.

Tall4Life

I'm rarely seeing any Trump or Hillary signs outside at all. Pretty interesting considering I could see Romney/Obama and McCain/Obama signs everywhere I looked. Anyone else experienced this?

Diablos

I'm rarely seeing any Trump or Hillary signs outside at all. Pretty interesting considering I could see Romney/Obama and McCain/Obama signs everywhere I looked. Anyone else experienced this?
I see HUGE Trump signs in certain suburban areas. Like, the kind you'd put in front of an office at people's homes instead.

I've yet to see anything in my neighboorhood here in OK.

Just a Trump bumper sticker on a random lamp post at a shopping center... which I removed.

Zukkoyaki

NBC/WSJ/Marist poll of FL

Clinton 45
Trump 44
Johnson 5
Stein 2

Was Clinton +3 earlier this month

2way: Clinton 46, Trump 46

Oct 25-26

NBC/WSJ/Marist of NC

Clinton 47
Trump 41
Johnson 8

Was Clinton +4 earlier this month

2way: Clinton 50, Trump 44

Oct 25-26 of LVs

Mark Murray posted these just now. It's going to be okay, fam.

NeoXChaos

Maine Poll - C+11 statewide (C+3 in ME2) - Portland Press Herald Poll
Clinton 48
Trump 37

Mark Murray ‏@mmurraypolitics 46s47 seconds ago
NBC/WSJ/Marist poll of FL

Clinton 45
Trump 44
Johnson 5
Stein 2

Mark Murray ‏@mmurraypolitics 1m1 minute ago
NBC/WSJ/Marist of NC

Clinton 47
Trump 41
Johnson 8

Diablos

DEAD HEAT in FL

Ughhh I need it to be like Tues so Comey's shenanigans are factored in.

These polls are from a time when the FBI didn't interfere with elections when there were only 11 days left!

Blader

Hillary is up in ME-2? I guess I haven't been paying much attention to that district but I thought it was leaning Trump?

thebloo

So, if anyone cares, I updated the voting chart a bit. The chart shows how so few people have a big impact on the country.

Yu4lGTZ.jpg

Zukkoyaki

Florida polling has been my that great for Clinton then.

And this is an pre FBI bullshit.

Polls of Florida from this week:

+4 - PPP
+3 - YouGov
+3 - SurveyUSA
+4 - UNF
+3 - SurveyMonkey
+3 - Florida Atlantic
+13 - Saint Leo (Consider this the counterweight to the Siena poll)

Even Remington and Emerson had it tied and +1 respectively (R-biased firms who are landline only)

thebloo

Would you be willing just to quantify the amounts that are in Swing States?

Swing states are kinda hard to define this year. And I don't know if the data is easily available for each state. I'll take a look though.

Regarding Florida. Here's the Huff average for the past 2 months:

iKm0geu.jpg

Hi from ME-2. There was an article with new polling data this morning from centralmaine.com.

Hillary Clinton has opened up a bigger lead over Donald Trump among Maine voters and has overtaken him even in Maine’s rural and conservative 2nd Congressional District, according to a new Portland Press Herald/Maine Sunday Telegram poll.

The poll found that Clinton has opened up a double-digit lead statewide in the race for president, with 48 percent of respondents saying they will vote for the Democratic former secretary of state and 37 percent saying the Republican billionaire businessman will have their vote.

The poll, conducted by the University of New Hampshire Survey Center from Oct. 20 to Oct. 25, surveyed 670 likely voters by landline and cellular telephone and has a statewide margin of error of 3.8 percent.

The results also suggest Clinton has surged in the 2nd District, where Trump previously led by double digits. The latest results show Clinton ahead in that district by 43 percent to Trump’s 40 percent. Clinton’s lead is within the poll’s margin of error, but her campaign appears to have made up significant ground since late September, when Trump was leading Clinton in the 2nd District by 15 points.

They also mentioned that Emily Cain who's running against the Republican incumbent Bruce Poliquin for the ME-2 House seat has made up a double digit deficit and now leads 43-42. Fingers crossed for Emily.

lyrick

Swing states are kinda hard to define this year. And I don't know if the data is easily available for each state. I'll take a look though.

Regarding Florida. Here's the Huff average for the past 2 months:

Just wondering if there was an easy way to extrapolate expected swing state voters from the estimated 2016 turnout.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Nate Silver ‏@NateSilver538 5m5 minutes ago

Not totally crazy to think Clinton could win NV and NC but lose PA, FL and NH (and OH and IA). That would yield an... interesting map.

Wat

Yes, Nate, it is totally crazy.

witness

We are not losing Florida. If Obama won it in 2012 along with the big influx of new voters since then that wouldn't be listed as LV's, Hillary's got this. Also, the EVs were never this close in 2012 and Obama didn't catch up until election day.

Great NC numbers btw!

thebloo

Just wondering if there was an easy way to extrapolate expected swing state voters from the estimated 2016 turnout.

There's no easy way. You'd be estimating based on estimations and it'll end up a real mess. Especially since turnout is all over the place.

Back of the napkin math says Hillary would get 46% and Trump 45%. Considering that most "unlikely" voters would probably break her way, it's great.

Who the hell are those 9% going to?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Sam Stein ‏@samsteinhp 7m7 minutes ago

Podesta on whether Russia hacked his emails: "Maybe Jim Comey, if he thinks it's impt, will come out and let us know in the next 9 days"

Ice cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom