• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, I know he's a dork now but when you say this ^^ it makes me think you haven't heard of this vv

Like, that was and is a BIG FUCKING DEAL. What you're observing now is that he's fiddling with his model because he's 1) bored and this election is statistically boring, 2) terrified of being wrong after the Brexit vote, 3) polls have slightly adjusted their approach in response to him. Also you're observing that he's not a particularly good pundit.

But this suggestion that we have no reason to look in on him is kinda lol. Dude changed politics forever.
I'm talking about now, he's fucking traumatized by the Trump nomination and has never recovered.

If any of you aren't following David Rothschild on Twitter (Predictwise) I highly recommend you do so. Suuuuper down to earth, explains things well and logically, and keeps punditry to a minimum.

This.

Kellyanne Conway ‏@KellyannePolls 4m4 minutes ago
New: the next First Lady, @MELANIATRUMP, to deliver speech in suburban #Philly on Thursday. #MAGA

They're sending Melania to Philly. Hahahahahahaahaha

It's weird to consider we might go 8 years without a first lady

When was the last time that happened?

Boke1879

Kellyanne Conway ‏@KellyannePolls 4m4 minutes ago
New: the next First Lady, @MELANIATRUMP, to deliver speech in suburban #Philly on Thursday. #MAGA

They're sending Melania to Philly. Hahahahahahaahaha

Why are they doing this. She's just not ready for this type of arena.

Slayven

Trump forced her into it during the one interview he gave. It's just gross. She doesn't want to do this. She's not ready to do this.

lol she almost got whiplash turning her head when he said that.

And you can tell it was a spur of a moment thing for him

We had one gay president in James Buchanan.

They had his niece be First Lady.

If Bill dies, Chelsea will become First Lady.

Thomas Jefferson's (white) daughter was First Lady during his presidency.

Boke1879

Trump forced her into it during the one interview he gave. It's just gross. She doesn't want to do this. She's not ready to do this.

Not to attack her, but she can't give a speech. She's very robotic. It won't be memorable it won't move the needle. smh.

Like I don't feel sorry for her because she is a grown woman. But on the other hand this isn't her idea clearly. Sending her to Philly on a Thursday is just a waste.

So how many times has the campaign thrown Melania under the bus? The RNC, Trump not apologizing for the pussytape talking about him cheating on her, now thrown out to give a speech.

Boke1879

So how many times has the campaign thrown Melania under the bus? The RNC, Trump not apologizing for the pussytape talking about him cheating on her, now thrown out to give a speech.

I can understand her being at the RNC. It would have been crazy for her not to be imo.

But this? She clearly isn't made for this and it's a last minute thing. This is something you send Ivanka to do. Where is she?

I can understand her being at the RNC. It would have been crazy for her not to be imo.

But this? She clearly isn't made for this and it's a last minute thing. This is something you send Ivanka to do. Where is she?

Ivanka is probably in hiding to salvage her brand.

They could send Tiffany, but Trump probably doesn't know that he has two daughters.

Why are they doing this. She's just not ready for this type of arena.

Controllable headlines. If I was the Clinton camp I'd put a Michelle Obama event at the exact same time slot. Make the story "dueling Michelle/Melania" instead of some positive circlejerk about how Melania is finally out there.

Boke1879

Controllable headlines. If I was the Clinton camp I'd put a Michelle Obama event at the exact same time slot. Make the story "dueling Michelle/Melania" instead of some positive circlejerk about how Melania is finally out there.

It's not going to make a damn bit of difference to have Melania out there and it's not something I'd worry about if I was the Clinton campaign.

royalan

Oh poor boo hoo Melania Trump give me a damn break this woman is GROWN.

She ain't cryin when she's vacationing in Ibiza.

She ain't cryin when she's swiping that black card.

She wasn't cryin when she threw that subliminal shade at Michelle "Better than yo ass will ever be" Obama.

She wants let her husband make a damn fool out of her, that's on her and in her control. But I ain't got the tears 4 it. I will be cackling right along with the rest of #TeamFuckEm when she gets on that stage and continues to make a meme out of herself.

Dr.Social

Banned
Look at this fucking mess of a political cartoon

cRQ6U1g.jpg

rjinaz

CNN seems to be on a blame Hillary fix this morning.

Poor Melania. You know she doesn't want to do this but she can't tell her husband no.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Why do you people think she isn't ready for it

Trump's campaign will find the only 40 racist alt-right wackjobs in "inner city" Phila and stuff them into a room and Melania will give a wonderful speech about nothing. Who thinks she isn't ready to talk to Trumpkins? She has given plenty of terrible speeches.

kess

Oh, thought you guys would like to know that the Republicans in PA are trying to pass a bill that would keep police departments from identifying which officers used deadly force until 30 days after the incident.

Wolf better veto this.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Time for Clinton to go on air with like $40MM of ads in PA. Linda McMahon style.

But seriously even John Kerry won PA.

The South Korean president has been under the total control of the daughter of a cult leader who stole tens of millions of dollars from the country.

http://askakorean.blogspot.com/2016/10/the-irrational-downfall-of-park-geun-hye.html

Look at this shit.

But not with Park Geun-hye. Her corruption was not self-interested at all. If anything, her corruption was self-sacrificing in favor of Choi Soon-sil. Among the numerous revelations, I personally found this the most pathetic: Park Geun-hye gave Choi a sizable budget to purchase the presidential wardrobe, and Choi embezzled most of it. Instead of purchasing the clothes that befitted a head of state, Choi outfitted Park Geun-hye with crappy clothes that she had her cronies made with subpar material. There is a video of Choi's staff smoking and drinking while eating fried chicken, right next to the suit meant for Park Geun-hye. At one point, one of the staffs handled the suit without even wiping chicken grease from his hands, while breathing smoke onto the clothes. Park Geun-hye would wear this suit on her presidential visit with Xi Jinping. For accessories, Choi gave Park the cheap leather purses and clutches that her gigolo designed. This could not have possibly escaped Park's notice. Even assuming the unlikely possibility Park Geun-hye might not have had the discernment to know firsthand (unlikely because she grew up in the lap of luxury,) the obvious cheapness of Park's clothes and bags even made the news. Yet nothing came of it. Choi Soon-sil dressed Park Geun-hye liked an unwanted doll, and Park, the president of the country, did not care.

2016 can't be real.

This is the best course of action. No one should fire him as it will look very suspicious and leave a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. Including Dems.

This country is so partisan that Comey being fired would make the usual suspects mad, make some of the other usual suspects happy, and everyone else would quickly forget about it as the 24-hour news cycle rolls on.

President Obama should just fire him after the election (if it is that simple, at least).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom