• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What sucks is that we all know Judicial Watch is going to sue under FOIA to get Huma emails released :(

Her closely guarded life will be blown to bits for every brietfart and politco hack to scour over. Poor girl.

Fucking Weiner.

Joeytj

Banned
OMG, CNN is reporting Trump just told his supporters during a rally that "they should vote twice" if they think their vote won't be counted.

Way the go Trump! Hillary's emails just got sidelined.

Same here. I've been wracked with anxiety for weeks. My eating schedule is currently anemic. I cannot wait for this to be over, but this week is going to crawl by.

I've been burying my mental brain in the sand avoiding these thoughts. Perhaps its time to bury them in alcohol or something more powerful. I agree, this week is going to f**king suck.

royalan

What sucks is that we all know Judicial Watch is going to sue under FOIA to get Huma emails released :(

Her closely guarded life will be blown to bits for every brietfart and politco hack to scour over. Poor girl.

Fucking Weiner.

Would Huma's personal emails fall under FOIA?

Loudninja

OMG, CNN is reporting Trump just told his supporters during a rally that "they should vote twice" if they think their vote won't be counted.

Wait the go Trump! Hillary's emails just got sidelined.
Complains about fraud for weeks, tell voters to comment fraud.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
you all need to turn politics off for a few days like everyone else. you'll feel a lot better and things kinda clear up once you rise above the muck. this election is so obvious. you're all stressing out for NOTHING.

Talked to my mom, she's stressed (and now so am i) about my sister and her husband voting for trump. I'm not sure where to even begin. I'm going to my sister's husband's house for his birthday party and I'm almost at the point where i'll threaten to walk out if politics come out. I don't even want to get into it.

She's your sister, come November 8 it'll be over. Be diplomatic and don't let it get to you.

Same here. I've been wracked with anxiety for weeks. My eating schedule is currently anemic. I cannot wait for this to be over, but this week is going to crawl by.
Try to ignore politics for a week. Easier said than done, I know. But it's going to ruin your well-being because next week is going to be insanity.

You can start by watching The Walking Dead in an hour!!

Diablos

How the fuck did they get the warrant so fast?

My fear is that Comey will keep abusing his power and find some vague reason to indict her based on these emails. Especially with Reid and co. making it clear that they loathe him.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Only those housed in Hillary's private server, because that's what they used for work, I think? But I don't know if anyone's personal emails are subject to FOIA request.

Private emails shouldn't be subject to FOIA, but if there's any work stuff in there it could create a murky situation.

Joeytj

Banned
LOL we wish.

Haha, yeah I know, wishful thinking, but the reason Comeygate has been such a drag is that Trump has managed to stay relatively quiet. This is the first controversial thing since Friday or Thursday that Trump has said that has managed to generate at least two different news alerts on my phone, lol.

How is he still a fucking candidate? How many questionable offenses do you have to have before your party, or lawmakers speak out against this?

My ability to actually sleep at night has been hurt by this ugly campaign, as well as not being able to eat as much because my appetite is gone, and my schoolwork may suffer because it's difficult to focus and study properly when you're mind and heart are distracted by something else.

2012 I more or less figured Obama would win but I also knew Romney was at least qualified for the job. There's so much this year that's different.

Joeytj

Banned
How the fuck did they get the warrant so fast?

My fear is that Comey will keep abusing his power and find some vague reason to indict her based on these emails. Especially with Reid and co. making it clear that they loathe him.

It's good that this is moving along quickly. I was honestly afraid that the warrant would take longer.

No doubt FBI agents are quickly now inspecting those emails in order to, at least, leak new info to the press and get this over with.

Private emails shouldn't be subject to FOIA, but if there's any work stuff in there it could create a murky situation.

From my experience in Florida, if anything work related is talked about, it is fair game - regardless of the medium or whether the conversation was via private or public/official means. Even right down to text messages on personal phones.

Obviously the federal government isn't Florida, but I would think that make sense.

Cerium

Bannon unveiling his master strategy:

Taylor-Swift-Confused-WTF-Reaction-Gif.gif

Zackat

Talked to my mom, she's stressed (and now so am i) about my sister and her husband voting for trump. I'm not sure where to even begin. I'm going to my sister's husband's house for his birthday party and I'm almost at the point where i'll threaten to walk out if politics come out. I don't even want to get into it.

I know that feeling, but I just keep talking to them even though it does no good. They normally get frustrated and stop talking to me about it.

Blader

Just a drop in the bucket, but I kicked $10 apiece to Ross, McGinty, Kander, Hassan, Masto, and Murphy.

It was either the Senate or Titanfall. Don't let my investments be in vain!

What in the world is this:

"Who has sent their ballots in? And do you think those ballots are properly counted?" Trump asked the audience, to which they replied "No!"

Trump continued by expressing his skepticism and telling supporters to go get new ballots to ensure their vote is counted.

"If you go to university center, they'll give you a new ballot, they'll void your old ballot, in some places they do that four or five times, so by tomorrow, almost everyone will have their new ballots in."

These are statements that only someone who genuinely believes in that Weird Twitter hoax about postal workers tearing up Trump ballots would believe. This gives him no advantage and just causes annoyance to his supporters.

Trump is the most gullible person.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/30/politics/donald-trump-write-in-ballots/index.html

If it does come up, just pretend to have come around to supporting Trump and just having been stupid and foolish before, but then pivot into how Trump's right about everything after all, including how everything's rigged and there's no point in voting at all because Hillary will still just rig everything and win regardless, so there's no point in bothering. Then if you really want to have fun, start talking about Trump like conspiracy theories about photos showing Trump and Clinton being clear friends and laughing up a storm together before all of this proving how Trump himself is probably in it and if he wins he'll just immediately resign and let Hillary be president anyway because they're old friends at all and that's what this is really all about, etc (not that that would be a thing Trump could do of course, but that's not the point). Then bring up how you may not have been sure of that before, but after the pictures of them shaking hands at the Al Smith dinner, it can't be any other way and they have to be both in it together.

None of that will probably be likely to actually convince them to not show up to vote, but it's definitely much more likely than trying to convince them not to vote for Trump at all, and moreover it makes something like that much more fun and light-hearted and just lets you have fun trapping them in their own conspiracy theories and makes them not sure what to do.

I mean, perhaps that's kind of dickish... But definitely a more light-hearted and less stressful way of dealing with it if it does come up, and at the very least one that should avoid things getting too hectic or out of hand and just have them going "I'm not sure about that much" at the very worst. Just an idea.

lol, idiot. Don't think he's even ever voted before and has no idea how it works.

I totally understand that. What helps for me is just remembering how close polls were for lots of 2012 and stuff, and let look how that turned out. And Hillary is completely destroying Obama's polls at this time. She's got this. It's going to be alright.

Loudninja

Strimei

What in the world is this:

These are statements that only someone who genuinely believes in that Weird Twitter hoax about postal workers tearing up Trump ballots would believe. This gives him no advantage and just causes annoyance to his supporters.

Trump is the most gullible person.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/30/politics/donald-trump-write-in-ballots/index.html

Not just annoyance but confusion among his supporters too, no less. And potential for others to be like that lady the other day and get arrested.

How utterly dumb.

Trump is telling his own voters to commit fraud lol

Not exactly.

He just wants them to redo their entire ballot to make sure it was counted correctly... Which is a statement from a man disconnected from reality.

edit: Actually, only Minnesota, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania allow that according to news people and only Minnesota is confirmed.

And this rally was in Colorado so Trump is encouraging his voters to commit voting fraud because people in Colorado can't change their early votes, you're right.

Dierce

Not exactly.

He just wants them to redo their entire ballot to make sure it was counted correctly... Which is a statement from a man disconnected from reality.
I can't fucking stand that there are people in this world who are voting for this turd. Every single day I feel that Im drifting further away from reality into this shit filled apocalypse.

There is no coming back from it, if he wins in a few days the world is forever changed.

smurfx

get some go again
Not exactly.

in reality his supporters who do end up doing this will likely skip the proper procedures and attempt to vote during nov 8 because they don't know they can't.

Kellyanne Conway ‏@KellyannePolls 4m4 minutes ago
New: the next First Lady, @MELANIATRUMP, to deliver speech in suburban #Philly on Thursday. #MAGA

They're sending Melania to Philly. Hahahahahahaahaha

I look forward to Melania talking about how she was raised in West Philadelphia and spent a lot of time in her youth playing basketball, until the one day that she got into a little tiff on the court with some ruffians and her mother sent her to live with her aunt and uncle in Bel Air.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Brexit comprisons at this point are just Brits hoping that their country is only just as fucked up as they think ours is.

And nothing will come of him encouraging fraud because emailllllzzs. It will be a struggle to make it through this week. I'll admit I was wracked with anxiety in the few hours after the Comey news broke.

Just 9 more days.(8?). My god. Next monday cannot come soon enough. I'm gonna buy food. Lots of food. Make me a sandwich. And then just open 2 streams, GAF on one tab, /pol in the other(For the meltdowns ofc), and just fucking watch the results come in.

ampere

I'd like to remind everyone that Clinton and Kaine are both campaigning in Arizona next week and there are more Dem events scheduled in North Carolina than in Florida. None in Pennsylvania or Nevada.

This should say more about what the numbers are looking like from inside the Clinton campaign than any of the arm-chair "I know how to politics better than Hillary Clinton" analysis that's been polluting PoliGAF for the past couple of weeks.

yeah but emails trended on twitter

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Trump is telling his own voters to commit fraud lol

What he's done is tell them to fill out a redundant ballot in case the first one gets lost in the mail or is faulty - but can a gaf-er explain what happens when election officials find two such ballots?

It can't be good, but does it nullify both?

Cepheus

I'm kind of glad that guy wasn't here this weekend

I initially thought the guy was doing it as a joke, but then I was informed that he was an actual Trump supporter and suited there so he could see himself on TV easier or something. He's part of a strongly LGBT-friendly community. Pence wants to fund gay conversion therapy. I still can't wrap my head around why he's supporting Trump.

Diablos

It's good that this is moving along quickly. I was honestly afraid that the warrant would take longer.

No doubt FBI agents are quickly now inspecting those emails in order to, at least, leak new info to the press and get this over with.
They're gonna drip drip stuff as much as legally possible and leave a cloud of uncertainty over her head. I don't trust them with Comey at the top.

royalan

They're gonna drip drip stuff as much as legally possible and leave a cloud of uncertainty over her head. I don't trust them with Comey at the top.

I think we're going to get leaks pretty soon BECAUSE Comey is such a shit.

All the leaks we got the very day this letter was sent, from within the department itself, tells me that a lot of people within the FBI did not agree with this.

They're going to want this wrapped up quickly, fuck what Comey thinks.

Amir0x

Banned
There really is no reason to bedwet about the presidency. Hillary got that.

What makes this Comey piece of shit partisan hack story so infuriating was he is jeopardizing the chances we have to decisively retake the Senate. With people like Ted asshole Cruz saying we can get used to eight justices, it is imperative we win the Senate. There is no way we can go four more years with a court like this. This is our motherfucking chance to tilt the court left for a generation, and this weasel fuckface Comey goes and pulls this stunt.

So fuck that cowering baby shit. Reid needed to go nuclear. Comeys needs to be embarrassed, his career in pieces. I want his life ruined. Look at the history of American politics. Sometimes you have to utterly destroy people for progress to be made. Comey played with fire, now he will be consumed by the flames.

The stakes are too high, too many will suffer if we miss the Senate and cant confirm supreme court nominations. Lets see blood in the water, let Hillary and Obama seek revenge. Fuck this go high when they go low bullshit, no offense Michelle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom