• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT16| Unpresidented

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
They're both worse than eachother.

So Huckleberry wants to keep the filibuster yet also wants to appoint literally the worst Republican in the senate to the SC? I do not get this guy.
He probably just doesn't want to deal with him. Gets Cruz out of the senate.

Maengun1

New Keepin' It 1600 literally sounds like the secret radio broadcast from Deathly Hallows :/

Really struggling with a need to totally check out of this for my mental health vs. staying informed :/

He probably just doesn't want to deal with him. Gets Cruz out of the senate.

This. Graham despises Cruz enough that he'd put him on the Court just to get him out of the Senate.

There is an argument to be made that, while obviously nowhere near as good as replacing Scalia with a moderate or liberal, that Cruz would still be a step up; he's apparently utterly odious, and thus, less likely to bring the swing arm of the court around to his point of view.

Btw, did Sam Wang ever eat that bug?

He did, on live television at that.

Just saw "both sides nastiness" on Facebook. Something about a patient dying because protestors blocked an abulance?

Saw that too, it's a Facebook private message that got screencapped and was never verified to be true. So, of course, millions of people now believe it to be true. Thanks Facebook!

catbird

Neo Member
What do you think of Jim Johnson for NJ Gov? No chance? I'm reading up on Wisnewski also.

Have to admit that Murphy's Goldman Sachs ties are a big turn off.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/donald-trump-cabinet-transition-battles-231442

It was another illustration of the influence of Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, who undermined Christie, the prosecutor who put his father in prison a decade ago, throughout the campaign. Kushner, who is likely to maintain his influence in an unofficial role outside the West Wing, also flexed his muscle over the weekend as Trump was deciding on his chief of staff.

According to two sources inside Trump Tower, the president-elect himself was leaning toward naming Bannon as chief of staff—until Kushner stepped in, raising concerns about putting the anti-establishment, alt-right figure in a position that holds so much symbolic and strategic importance.

Although Trump listened to his son-in-law and went with Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus to run day-to-day operations inside his White House, he elevated Bannon as senior counselor and chief strategist, even listing him above Priebus on the press release announcing the new roles. When he gathered both men to explain their jobs before sending that release out, Trump spoke for more than 30 minutes and “laid out a very unstructured chain of command,” a source said.

A Trump spokesman did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

In the 48 hours since the announcement, the firestorm of criticism over the Bannon appointment—exactly what Kushner was worried about and attempted to blunt by giving him a title other than chief of staff—has dominated the nation’s airwaves, with a focus on Breitbart’s propagation of content that appeals to white supremacists and his own history of anti-Semitic statements.

Looks like Kushner is winning the war.

Barzul

Just got tip that DANA ROHRABACHER is being vetted as potential fallback SecState if Rudy ethics issue conflicts him out.

@kerpen

That thread about the insider account of what went on in the Javits Center is awful. The OP makes his point, he lets people get privy to information about the campaign's own modeling.

It doesn't fit with what OT-GAF wants to hear that the Clinton campaign was an absolute mess, and that Trump was a genius. So, they tear the OP a new one. I was considering making a post there, but I've been savaged enough by guys like them.

From the OT:

Sam Stein
@samsteinhp
The internal strife is more than Christie related. Reince is skittish about Lewandowski taking over the RNC huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-t…

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Me too (I'm a JC resident). I'm REALLLLLY curious what drove him out so fast. Murphy lined up the North and South Jersey endorsements SO fucking quickly. What the hell happened??

edit: Holy fucking shit @ Justice Cruz. No one in this thread EVER say it can't get worse.

i also live in jc

As if ethics conflicts are going to stop anything in this Admin.

Also reading that Tom Perez, who everyone had a mad on for, is considering running for DNC chair.

Since when was the DNC chair such a competitive race? Like, it's a thankless job unless you do really, really, really well (like Dean), but it's also easy to mess up badly and ruin your career

Since when was the DNC chair such a competitive race? Like, it's a thankless job unless you do really, really, really well (like Dean), but it's also easy to mess up badly and ruin your career
I think people are probably under the impression that you wield a bunch of political power and set the direction of the national agenda? Probably because of how Debbie Wassername stole all the elections.

That thread about the insider account of what went on in the Javits Center is awful. The OP makes his point, he lets people get privy to information about the campaign's own modeling.

It doesn't fit with what OT-GAF wants to hear that the Clinton campaign was an absolute mess, and that Trump was a genius. So, they tear the OP a new one. I was considering making a post there, but I've been savaged enough by guys like them.

Yeah people are too angry right now and the campaign is a nice sacrificial lamb.

Y2Kev

I don't actually know what happened with Corzine

I wasn't paying attention

was he just incompo or did something bad actually happen

faisal233

Umm you got that backwards. It's only thankless if you do it really well. If you suck, you use it to elevate your career.

Holmes

I'm already foreseeing a good midterm for Democrats. At least, there seem to be more possibilities right now of a good Democratic midterm than not.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Isn't Ted Cruz a little young to be on the SC?

Is... Glenn Beck turning into a Democrat??

He was a Pied Piper plant, it all makes sense now.

BTW I keep hearing the media today try to shift some blame on Obama for Hillary's defeat. What a farce, this was all on Hillary not being the right candidate. Obama's approval ratings are high, and it's pathetic that people would say it was Obama's fault. If people didn't like him, it was back in 2012, whoever else still did didn't swing their votes the other way now.

Y2Kev

I'm aware of who he handed us as governor Fat Disgusting Fuck still stains the state to this day. But I don't remember anything other than him not wearing his seat belt.

Excuse me, Untalented and Unbrilliant Fat Disgusting Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom