• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT16| Unpresidented

Status
Not open for further replies.

geomon

Rick Scott? The same Voldemort looking motherfucker who pulled off the biggest medicare fraud in history?

Yup, that one.

Rick Scott 'oversaw the largest Medicare fraud' in U.S. history, Florida Democratic Party says

During his 2010 race, the Miami Herald reported that Scott had said he would have immediately stopped his company from committing fraud -- if only "somebody told me something was wrong." But there were such warnings in the company’s annual public reports to stockholders -- which Scott had to sign as president and CEO.

Scott wanted to fight the accusations, but the corporate board of the publicly traded company wanted to settle.

In December 2000, the U.S. Justice Department announced that Columbia/HCA agreed to pay $840 million in criminal fines, civil damages and penalties.

Among the revelations from the 2000 settlement:

• Columbia billed Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal programs for tests that were not necessary or had not been ordered by physicians;

• The company attached false diagnosis codes to patient records to increase reimbursement to the hospitals;

• The company illegally claimed non-reimbursable marketing and advertising costs as community education;

• Columbia billed the government for home health care visits for patients who did not qualify to receive them.

The government settled a second series of similar claims with Columbia/HCA in 2002 for an additional $881 million. The total for the two fines was $1.7 billion.

On Scott’s 2010 campaign website, he admitted to the $1.7 billion fine, though the link is no longer on the site.

Sigh, I hope Clinton goes away after this. I supported Bernie, and I came onboard for Clinton. But this loss is so tragic because it was so winnable and the concequences are so severe. I would like the Clinton's to pull a Bush and disappear.

This has fuck all to do with the Democratic party... also why you gotta bring up Sanders? (I mean I know why but come on)

She can still do a lot of good in the world...

This is literally in support of an organization that looks out for children....

Asking her to vanish off the face of the earth is kinda fucked up...

I'm sure everyone will have thoughts.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/17/us/politics/democrats-house-senate.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

WASHINGTON — Congressional Democrats, divided and struggling for a path from the electoral wilderness, are constructing an agenda to align with many proposals of President-elect Donald J. Trump that put him at odds with his own party.

On infrastructure spending, child tax credits, paid maternity leave and dismantling trade agreements, Democrats are looking for ways they can work with Mr. Trump and force Republican leaders to choose between their new president and their small-government, free-market principles. Senator Chuck Schumer of New York, elected Wednesday as the new Democratic minority leader, has spoken with Mr. Trump several times, and Democrats in coming weeks plan to announce populist economic and ethics initiatives they think Mr. Trump might like.

Democrats, who lost the White House and made only nominal gains in the House and Senate, face a profound decision after last week’s stunning defeat: Make common cause where they can with Mr. Trump to try to win back the white, working-class voters he took from them, or resist at every turn, trying to rally their disparate coalition in hopes that discontent with an ineffectual new president will benefit them in 2018.

Still, there will be areas of bright-line disagreement. Democrats are speaking out against Mr. Trump’s appointment of Stephen K. Bannon as his chief strategist, and will oppose his promised tax cuts for the wealthy and his vow to deport millions of illegal immigrants.

What is not clear is whether Mr. Trump will hew to his stated agenda or turn it over to Republican lawmakers who seek a far more traditional conservative program.

“There is an acknowledgment that it is very shortsighted to blame this loss on a letter from the F.B.I. or what states Hillary went to,” said Senator Amy Klobuchar, Democrat of Minnesota. “We need to do a better job having a bold sharp focus on the economy,” she said, like the cost of prescription drugs and predatory pricing on foreign steel.

“It is not just being a collection of groups,” she added. “It’s talking about policies in a serious way and talking about them in a way that touches all Americans.”

But Mr. Schumer’s immediate challenge will be to meet the often competing imperatives of those senators, who reflect the Democrats’ larger struggle of whether to try to tailor an appeal to the working-class white voters who defected to Mr. Trump or to try to increase the so-called Obama coalition anchored by minority and younger voters.

Senator Sherrod Brown, Democrat of Ohio, long a critic of trade deals, said in an interview that he had spoken extensively with Mr. Trump’s trade adviser and would work with him on issues concerning steel workers. “We can work with him on things we agree on,” Mr. Brown said. “On Bannon, no.”

Mr. Brown sent a letter to Mr. Trump urging him to renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement, withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership, make changes to the trade relationship with China and fight currency manipulation, which is also a pet issue of Mr. Schumer.
Mr. Sanders put out a statement after the election saying he too would work with Mr. Trump on areas of populist agreement.

At the same time, they remain his adversary on other matters. For example, Senator Dianne Feinstein of California, now the highest-ranking Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee, said in a statement on Wednesday that “the committee will pay very close attention to proposed nominees to ensure the fundamental constitutional rights of Americans are protected.”

Republicans will not like many of these proposals, but they have been fulsome in their praise of Mr. Trump since his election. Speaker Paul D. Ryan, for instance, has repeatedly said that he expects Mr. Trump to work with Republicans on their agenda of rolling back the Affordable Care Act and making large-scale changes to the tax code and entitlements.

While Mr. Trump’s policies are one matter, his nominations to his cabinet and other senior positions are another, and there, Senate Republicans who will vote on their confirmations are in a quandary. Just as they were asked to comment on Mr. Trump’s more incendiary statements during the campaign, they are now being asked to weigh in on contentious names being floated for high positions. Republican senators like John McCain of Arizona also have been implicitly critical of Mr. Trump’s cozy views toward Russia.

On one area, though, Democrats and Republicans agree: Most of them strongly oppose Mr. Trump’s proposal for congressional term limits.

The only thing Dems should be doing is saying over and over again that Ryan only wants to repeal Obamacare to eliminate Medicare once Ryan puts the bill forward.

Zackat

I hate Rick Scott as much as the next guy but you have to admit he has a rather winning smile

the-smile-man-willen-dafoe-creepy.gif

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Hillary would have likely won in 2008, but not in 2016. Her stint as state secretary was to pad her resume, nothing less: they wanted her to get some "foreign policy experience", and then even better the Libya opportunity showed up and she jumped on it. She and her entourage felt that to increase the odds she would win against a Republican she'd have to convince moderate Republicans, and nothing was better (in their short-sighted minds) than going after a dictator like Gaddafi to "get a kill".

It's exactly why she laughed and said "We came, we saw, he died! lol!", on camera, right after an Aide (Huma?) showed her on her phone that Gaddafi had been killed.

The whole "Hillary is a hawk" thing was purposely manufactured by her entourage to make her look less weak, and a more convincing candidate to those who would think her being a woman with no foreign policy and a democrat would make her a weak leader.

PInk Tape

Banned

Interesting and smart strategy coming from the Dems; making the Repubs chose whether or not to follow Trump on the Dem's policies that he may agree with. Possibly creating conflicts between the two entities so that Trump is less likely to agree with anything the Repubs might put forth policy-wise.

I dunno how much of this will actually pass but I think it's a sound plan for now.

Dany

Banned
I'm watching clips of her and becoming a stan. She's liberal, charismatic and has that "champion of the people" vibe. She also doesn't have any stains on her record (as far as I know). I think she could be a more polished speaker, but that's definitely doable with the right team and practice.

I do agree. I am hoping for a lot from her. Voted for her and hope she does well.

So tonight I had two different people text me that Ellison is worse then Bannon.

Where are they getting this stuff.

Anti Semite with ties hammas

It's like they both had a script

Trump has yet to spend any time talking to the Pentagon but has enough time to hang out with horrible piece of shit Floyd Mayweather.

CxbbRgHWIAAvhoe.jpg

Why does Trump only like black people that assault women or murder people?!?

Maybe Trump would have a higher opinion of black people if he hung out with black people other than Mike Tyson or Don King?

~Kinggi~

Banned
i cant even comprehend Rick Scott heading up health. Thats some twilight zone shit. Parody levels of fuck. At that point i think it is safe to assume the folk in power are sending a clear 'fuck you shitheads' to every non-rich reasonable person on the planet.

Trump has yet to spend any time talking to the Pentagon but has enough time to hang out with horrible piece of shit Floyd Mayweather.

CxbbRgHWIAAvhoe.jpg

Why does Trump only like black people that assault women or murder people?!?

Maybe Trump would have a higher opinion of black people if he hung out with black people other than Mike Tyson or Don King?
Trump's hand. Its half in size compared to his son's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom