• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT16| Unpresidented

Status
Not open for further replies.
If true, Priebus on record saying it wasn't true, now appears like an even bigger liar.

Not seeing it reported anywhere, though.

That tweet I posted linked this article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...bea4da-c09b-11e6-b527-949c5893595e_story.html

I'm assuming she was using this quote: "A senior FBI counterintelligence official was equivocal during a briefing with congressional officials last week — confirming that Republican systems had been targeted and acknowledging the apparent imbalance in damage done to Democrats, but refraining from assigning a pro-Trump motive to the Kremlin." as the basis for the tweet.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/309999-wh-no-doubt-trump-benefitted-from-russian-hacking

White House: No doubt Trump benefitted from Russian hacking

President Obama’s top spokesman went on the attack Monday against President-elect Donald Trump and his allies over allegations the Russian government interfered in the election to boost his candidacy.

White House press secretary Josh Earnest said there’s no denying Trump benefitted from Russian hacking of political organizations during the campaign season.

“You didn’t need a security clearance to figure out who benefited from malicious Russian cyber activity,” Earnest said during the daily press briefing.

“The president-elect didn’t call it into question," he continued. "He certainly had a pretty good sense of whose side this activity was coming down on.”
Earnest rattled off a long list of reported ties between Trump’s team and Russia, suggesting that members of Congress and the public knew of those connections before the election.

The spokesman also threw the White House’s support behind a congressional effort to investigate the claims, which came to light last Friday in a Washington Post report.

Btw, Trump was pretty smart that he basically nerfed Mitt Romney for the entirety of his presidential term.

Since he essentially had Mittens groveling for the Sect. of State job, it will now be very tough for Romney to turn around and start criticizing Trump again without looking like a complete laughing stock. Well played.

There is a topic right now called will trump get a dog and the op is, and what breed do you think it will be

Thread of the year

who the fuck cares

Diablos

Btw, Trump was pretty smart that he basically nerfed Mitt Romney for the entirety of his presidential term.

Since he essentially had Mittens groveling for the Sect. of State job, it will now be very tough for Romney to turn around and start criticizing Trump again without looking like a complete laughing stock. Well played.
Mitt is a grown ass man with nothing left to lose. You think getting fucked over for SoS hurts as bad as losing in 2012? Or feels as humiliating? Remember the gas pump pic?

Mitt should just call him out for being a phony who will tell anyone what they want to hear and then continue to make stupid and destructive decisions.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
There is a topic right now called will trump get a dog and the op is, and what breed do you think it will be

Thread of the year

who the fuck cares
He will just end up getting a pet bird,
he heard they were good at tweeting. heyoooooooo

I'm not even thinking about that. The racism stuff would be the juicy bits. I bet there's some hard Ns thrown around regarding Obama when nobody is looking.

TBH I expect there is likely some Louis Hastart stuff in there.

Republicans being racist isn't exactly groundbreaking.

I like Perez but I think we need to make the far-left happy with Ellison.

Crocodile

Not sure what to make of that Town Hall. Some interesting insights, some good moments, some cringe moments, etc. In the end I'm glad it got done either way.

Maddow going into more business ties about to be disclosed by Newsweek tomorrow. Apparently there are murmurs that the President of Turkey is trying to pressure Trump via the business ties he has to the country?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
http://www.globalresearch.ca/house-quietly-passes-bill-targeting-russian-propaganda-websites/5560100

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/114-2016/h593

Has there been any discussion here about the passing of “H.R. 6393: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017″?

Like for all the talk of Russian Propaganda in the media..... its weird to see this law pass so quietly and not get more official mentions.

Its also weird that even though Trump benefitted from it so many Republicans supported passing it as well. It still has to pass the senate, but its very hawkish against Russia to the point it could be interpreted as cold war tactics being put into play again against them. Like we haven't read the report, but I would assume its pretty damning for this to be going through so fast.

Bret Baier reporting that Rick Perry is going to be chosen for Energy.

I imagined Heitkamp was never really in the running. That would've been too many women.

The question is will his favourability ratings matter in the next presidential elections.
That's funny, thinking Trump would even transfer power. The dude was suggesting they cancel the election and just declare him the winner. If he gets into the office and lasts 4 years he's not going to give up power.

This administration is going to be filled with some much scandal. Trump is taking The Republican Party down with him. There's no coming back politically from breaking America when you have all the power.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bret Baier reporting that Rick Perry is going to be chosen for Energy.

I imagined Heitkamp was never really in the running. That would've been too many women.

So the guy who can't count to three is going to be in charge of maintaining our nukes?

I give humanity six months.

mo60

That's funny, thinking Trump would even transfer power. The dude was suggesting they cancel the election and just declare him the winner. If he gets into the office and lasts 4 years he's not going to give up power.

Or he may try to find some loophole like Putin so it's possible for him to stay in a position of power even if it's not the presidency. Even though putin's loophole involved him becoming the prime minister of Russia.

tuxfool

Banned
This administration is going to be filled with some much scandal. Trump is taking The Republican Party down with him. There's no coming back politically from breaking America when you have all the power.
This is completely disproven by the continued existence of the Republican party.

Gotchaye

So the guy who can't count to three is going to be in charge of maintaining our nukes?

I give humanity six months.

To remind everyone, the Department of Energy was the specific department that Rick Perry couldn't remember. He may have trouble finding his office.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
did anyone watch the chris hayes bernie sanders town hall?

it seemed sort of weirdly formatted, hayes is probably not the best for that town hall setting, but Sanders' arguments are the same old things from his stump speech during the primaries. he wasn't really having a debate with anyone about what they believed or whatever -- he seemed to just want to go back to one of his normal one-liners.

but the trump voters there weren't having his arguments, really. there was one lady who was very much against free education and thinks that people didn't have the right to education, she seemed like the most interesting person there and should have been on the panel to challenge Sanders.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
When you use a bird to write something, it's called tweeting.
a8a.gif

I'm more worried about him remembering what he's supposed to do once he gets there.
Like I said before, ptentially one of his least damaging cabinet picks. He'll forget he is there to undermine and dismantle its authority.

I don't mind rick perry. three months ago I would have told you he seems like a nice guy who would have been awful President. Today I would trade him in an instant for what we have.

daedalius

SNL with John Cena was pretty good, had some solid making fun of trump skits.

Also, of course since I wanted Romney he picked the CEO. As soon as I heard a CEO was in consideration I just kinda knew.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
SNL with John Cena was pretty good, had some solid making fun of trump skits.

Also, of course since I wanted Romney he picked the CEO. As soon as I heard a CEO was in consideration I just kinda knew.

I still find the version of Conway having a soul to be hilarious.

You mean after his tweetstorm? Wouldn't he have to submit someone else?
Yes.

There's also a distinct possibility the foreign relations committee could reject Trump's pick before it even gets a floor vote. The committee is split 10-9 in the GOP's favor and Rubio, Flake and Paul are on it. If Democrats held the line they'd only need one crossover vote.

The democrats for those wondering: Cardin, Boxer (retiring), Menendez, Shaheen, Coons, Udall, Murphy, Kaine, Markey. Pending Boxer's replacement, none of them seem particularly likely to go against any plan to obstruct Trump.

Frankly any Trump nominee should be unilaterally opposed by the Dem caucus. Even any noncontroversial ones. If they have the votes, Heitkamp and Manchin can throw their token support at them I guess, but no one should pass on the back of Dem votes (unless he appoints someone a Democrat would appoint, no reason we shouldn't try to get what we want).

Wilsongt

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

Even though I am not mandated by law to do so, I will be leaving my busineses before January 20th so that I can focus full time on the......
11:26 PM · Dec 12, 2016

Uh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom