• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT16| Unpresidented

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

Makai

What happens to the line of succession if Speaker of the House is less than 35 years old and is naturalized citizen?

Is anyone here particularly skilled with photoshop, I could use the help.

lfpHjpU.jpg

I'm trying to color the border of the light gray with the dark grey, its going to take me 30 minutes to do it manually. Is there some tool that can auto fill a border of an image with a certain color

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
McCain is not gonna run again. This will be his final term. He will be what he should have been from the start.
Fingers crossed... but McCain has a very good habit of bowing to his party's desires.

lfpHjpU.jpg

I'm trying to color the border of the light gray with the dark grey, its going to take me 30 minutes to do it manually. Is there some tool that can auto fill a border of an image with a certain color

Under the brush option, you should have a slider that says "hardness", Pull that over to a bout 50 and it will feather the the brush strokes.

lfpHjpU.jpg

You mean something like stroke?

Kusagari

The scariest thing about the Homeland Security list is I'd rather have Sessions if the other choices are fucking Clarke and Arpaio.

lfpHjpU.jpg

On second thought, just make a circle shape the size of what you need and only have the amount you want of the shape on the canvas. Then right click the layer (under the layers viewer) for it, and do "make smart object" then right click again and say "rasterize", then double click the layer (under the layer viewer) and go down to stroke. Click the check next to it, go into the settings and change the color and size of the stroke.

Ah crap, forgot to say do a gradient overlay to get the color right inside the stroke zone.

dramatis

lfpHjpU.jpg

Use Stroke, it's literally the laziest way to do it

Maengun1

Friends and family keep trying to cheer me up with "we'll get through this, it'll be okay, it's just 4 years" ism, but these cabinet positions.... the court .... the climate ... I am still as much a wreck as I was on Tuesday night and I'm not seeing the upside.

That we're going from the Obama administration to something that will probably make W. look liberal and tolerant and forward thinking is just....shattering

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Friends and family keep trying to cheer me up with "we'll get through this, it'll be okay, it's just 4 years" ism, but these cabinet positions.... the court .... the climate ... I am still as much a wreck as I was on Tuesday night and I'm not seeing the upside.

That we're going from the Obama administration to something that will probably make W. look liberal and tolerant and forward thinking is just....shattering

Yea man, it's been a rough week. The bad guys won... And I don't mean conservatives, these guys aren't traditional conservatives or Republicans. They are thugs and assholes all the way down.

Newt, Christie, Gulliani, Sessions, Bannon lewendowski and pence. Just bottom of the barrel scum :/

Wilsongt

Time to make an image macro of Trump and some of his team laughing with the image caption "We told them we'd drain the swamp" or "we told them we'd make America great again"

we're going to be relying on McCain to keep Trump in line?

good lord, we're fucked

McCain, Flake, Graham...maybe a few more will challenge him on some issues. The scary part is will democrats be able to remain United against him.

But remember all Obama was able to accomplish without congress. There are so many horrific things his justice department could let go that would make this 4 years hell in and of itself. Combine Guilliani as AJ with Arpaio at homeland and people of color will be hiding in their homes for the next 4 years

Kusagari

I really would like to see an alternate universe where Kasich accepted the VP position.

Could he have stopped all these crazy fucks from infiltrating Trump's inner circle?

I've been going through waves. A few hours where I can make myself forget for a little bit, and then it hits me all over again and I just want to lie down and die. Read a few articles saying, "Well, maybe he won't be so bad once he's in office and has to keep his promises," and then see all the old NYT articles saying the exact same thing about Hitler, and I shudder.

Sad thing is, I grew up among a bunch of conservatives. SW Ohio, with hardcore conservative parents. And I spend all of the Dubya years being the exact same way. Listening to Rush and Hannity, decrying those silly liberals who don't understand that the Iraq War is necessary. It took reading up about Net Neutrality around the time when Obama was starting to run to get me out of my conservative bubble, and once I realized what I had been suckered into all those years. I felt so used. So fucking stupid to have been fooled for so long.

And you know something? There are times in the last few days where I almost wish I could go back. Back to the conservative bubble where liberals are always wrong, minorities aren't really oppressed and are just making up stories, and deporting every last illegal in this country would solve all of our problems overnight. At least then I wouldn't spend the last few days scared out of my mind, and knowing that this is before he's even taken office yet. That it's only going to get worse as we reach 1/20 and he finally has all that power at his fingertips.

God, I fucking hate caring. I hate it so fucking much right now.

Yea man, it's been a rough week. The bad guys won... And I don't mean conservatives, these guys aren't traditional conservatives or Republicans. They are thugs and assholes all the way down.

Newt, Christie, Gulliani, Sessions, Bannon lewendowski and pence. Just bottom of the barrel scum :/

There's nothing good here. We've let a authoritarian fascist get elected to president. I know it's cliche, but this really does have to many parallels to Nazi Germany for anyone to feel comfortable. And it's not just me saying it, but Naom Chomsky.

If we ever want to pick up the pieces of democracy, we need a radical shift in politics. You fight rightwing populism with leftwing populism. The Bernie Sanders win of the democratic party needs to take the reins.

Totakeke

Actually the cronyism is a pretty clear sign that they are also waging war against establishment republicans. How can they not if Steve Bannon is running the show.

royalan

There's nothing good here. We've let a authoritarian fascist get elected to president. I know it's cliche, but this really does have to many parallels to Nazi Germany for anyone to feel comfortable. And it's not just me saying it, but Naom Chomsky.

If we ever want to pick up the pieces of democracy, we need a radical shift in politics. You fight rightwing populism with leftwing populism. The Bernie Sanders win of the democratic party needs to take the reins.

The Bernie Sanders wing of the party needs to prove itself. The man can't even run his own PAC. Nearly every. single. candidate he endorsed lost their races.

Barack Obama, our popular president who actually accomplished things, will be taking the reigns of this party for the foreseeable future.

How much control does Trump have over the military leadership?

Like, if he decides to try and become dictator, can he appoint a bunch of generals that will back him or is it more independent than that?

Zukkoyaki

Actually the cronyism is a pretty clear sign that they are also waging war against establishment republicans. How can they not if Steve Bannon is running the show.
I don't think it's merely wishful thinking that Trump and the establishment republicans are going to clash a lot. Ryan and McConnell have basically already confirmed this. Though it remains to be seen whether Trump will just lay down for them or not which is also possible considering how lazy he is and his apparent reluctance for the job.

The Bernie Sanders wing of the party needs to prove itself. The man can't even run his own PAC. Nearly every. single. candidate he endorsed lost their races.

Barack Obama, our popular president who actually accomplished things, will be taking the reigns of this party for the foreseeable future.

His pick for DNC chair destroyed the party.

Also Obama's general philosophy of always wanting to compromise, appease, work with, and hold hands with Republicans on all issues is a losing strategy.

8 years of accomplishments.

And for you, that all comes down to...DWS.

Actually it comes down to the complete destruction of the Democratic party on all levels of government, local, state and federal.

Obama won two terms and did good things, all the while the democratic party were slowly crushed to death by republicans.

Debirudog

Maybe a voice but look at the a labor party and tell me why we should let them do everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom