• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT16| Unpresidented

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

AFP going on a frenzy about the 60 Minutes interview

AFP: #BREAKING Trump vows to name pro-life, pro-gun rights Supreme Court justices
AFP: #BREAKING Trump condemns harassment of minorities
AFP: #BREAKING Trump says he is "fine" with same-sex marriage
AFP: #BREAKING Trump tells protesters: "don't be afraid"
AFP: #BREAKING Trump confirms he will forego salary as president

AFP: #BREAKING Trump vows to name pro-life, pro-gun rights Supreme Court justices

Uh

Is this good?

Boke1879

So he's just throwing everything at the fucking wall huh?

Mizerman

Uh huh.

Diablos

Bye Roe v. Wade
Gun control set back for another generation

Trump condemns harassment of minorities, it's only okay when he does it I guess.

Boke1879

Uh

Is this good?

Quite frankly. We don't know. That's the scary thing about this man. He's said so many fucking things, but we don't have the slightest clue as to what he'll do. That's what is going to make covering his Presidency so hard. He'll say something, but he'll have a few people in his ear saying something different and then a whole group of people actually doing something else.

Trump can say whatever he wants right now, but when it comes to the nitty gritty and actually doing shit. He has to deliver. I will NOT forget what he ran his campaign on and what issues that is bringing over now they he's elected. His supporters are emboldened and he's only giving the people that ran that hateful campaign more power.

Chichikov

Uh

Is this good?
Yes.
I mean, it's what I would expect, but it could've been waaaaaay worse.

So he's just throwing everything at the fucking wall huh?
He's trying to reassure the country. I have no idea what he plan on doing, but if nothing else, I'm sure some of the business interests that have his ear (directly or indirectly) told him that having a significant portion of the population thinking that the sky is falling is not good for the economy.

Kid Heart

Actions speak louder then words, and I will never take a con man's words at face value.

Boke1879

Actions speak louder then words, and I will never take a con man's words at face value.

Exactly. He can say anything, but he's going to have to make an effort and the people he is putting into positions of power don't give me that much confidence right now.

Also I fucking PROMISE you Bannon and Priebus will be at each others throat constantly.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This would all be so much easier to take if Republicans hadn't successfully blocked Obama's rightful Supreme Court nomination. That is so fucking painful.

Wag

Leslie Stahl asking Trump how he can "drain the swamp" when he has so many lobbyists on his transition team.

Trump says he can't help it because that's all there are in Washington. lol

Quite frankly. We don't know. That's the scary thing about this man. He's said so many fucking things, but we don't have the slightest clue as to what he'll do. That's what is going to make covering his Presidency so hard. He'll say something, but he'll have a few people in his ear saying something different and then a whole group of people actually doing something else.

Trump can say whatever he wants right now, but when it comes to the nitty gritty and actually doing shit. He has to deliver. I will NOT forget what he ran his campaign on and what issues that is bringing over now they he's elected. His supporters are emboldened and he's only giving the people that ran that hateful campaign more power.

Yes.
I mean, it's what I would expect, but it could've been waaaaaay worse.

Man..like, if Trump is able to not have a leash, then he doesn't have to do anything Republicans want. Hopefully, hopefully, he's able to do whatever he wants, and that this was all a xanatos gambit where he just used Republicans to get into the white house..

Chichikov

Man..like, if Trump is able to not have a leash, then he doesn't have to do anything Republicans want. Hopefully, hopefully, he's able to do whatever he wants, and that this was all a xanatos gambit where he just used Republicans to get into the white house..
Why would he pick a fight with Republicans though?
Also, look at the people who are going to be in his administration?
This is not happening.

I don't believe that factions within the GOP are healed. I think they are going to get worse with Bannon acting the Hand of the King. He hates GOP establishment.

Totakeke

Whatever Trump says doesn't help because other people in his administration would undoubtedly contradict him within the next few days. It's like a schizophrenia attack.

Also the Bill thing is another hindsight 20/20 thing. If he knew that it would cause Hillary to lose he would have yelled it at the top of his lungs. Anyone would.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Bye Roe v. Wade
Gun control set back for another generation

Trump condemns harassment of minorities, it's only okay when he does it I guess.

Democrats need to back off the gun control fight. They'll never win. Get back control of the House and/or Senate and then bring it back.

Also, I'm still not convinced the GOP tries to overturn R v W. If they get it, there goes their boogeyman.

I can't believe I'm putting my faith in Trump's ego to humiliate Ryan and not go along with any of his entitlement plans.

If there's one benefit to all this is people will remember exactly what it is Republicans want to do.

Trump saying he's "fine" with same-sex marriage is largely empty words (even if it reflects his personal feelings) given his supreme court pledge implicitly means nominating judges who are against it (I doubt there are many anti-abortion, pro-gun, pro-gay marriage judges out there) and his party is against it.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Could Roe v Wade really be overturned? What kind of case would have to reach the Supreme Court for that to happen?

The only case I could see reaching the top would be what is considered "viable" since there have been improvements to medical technology.

Most Republicans with Obamacare were like dogs chasing cars.

Paul Ryan was different, he wanted to use that car as a car bomb.

He is so fucking stupid, jesus.

If they destroy Medicare it's totally gonna fuck up the company I work for.

Fun times ahead.

There's going to be 3 Republican Senators who will refuse to go along with this to try to save their political lives and that's enough to save it.

This is a suicidal plan by Ryan. He's found his white whale and is so excited now. This is just like after W won in 2004 and the GOP controlled Congress and then Ryan tried to privatize Social Security and immediately cost the GOP the House.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Part of me wants them to phase out Medicare. That would jumpstart the democrats in their quest for 2020. Seriously--if there's an issue that's going to galvanize elderly and those close to retirement, it's Medicare. We'd see landslide-type results if the democrats actually unite with a common message.

Then, when democrats get back in control, they'll bring it back.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Could Roe v Wade really be overturned? What kind of case would have to reach the Supreme Court for that to happen?

Remember that for now, Scalia is the only justice being replaced. If it didn't happen with Scalia, it won't happen with the new justice.

But if a liberal justice or moderate conservative justice gets replaced in the next for years, then we will probably see some serious shit.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So I wonder if his corporate tax reform plan could work. I mean, like, it's his plan so my inclination is to think it is bad, but our current system makes no sense at all so breaking apart the global taxation system actually might be good for US corporates. It might be good in theory but then mucked up by 50 republican riders about bullshit.

Diablos

Man what the hell is Ryan DOING.
I want to know how he's going to replace Obamacare and make it more affordable or so he says while still covering pre existing conditions. I'd LOVE to know.

Part of me wants them to phase out Medicare. That would jumpstart the democrats in their quest for 2020. Seriously--if there's an issue that's going to galvanize elderly and those close to retirement, it's Medicare. We'd see landslide-type results if the democrats actually unite with a common message.

Then, when democrats get back in control, they'll bring it back.

If we even make it to 2020

Privatization of Medicare would literally cause riots. Ryan might see this as his shot to do it but he will blow up the Republican party trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom