• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT16| Unpresidented

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
It really is. Thinking it over, they may not even truly support it. But Trump dragged them into office and has a hold on their base so they may be forced to.
I would support a (not insanely missallocated) infrastructure bill. if it's just big oil give aways then fuck it. if it's actual honest to god roads rails water bridges etc. I'll take it and make sure I argue everyday they are cynical traitors.

I'll still oppose him on everything else.

Totakeke

8kENRem.png

DB00YEm.png

0Z2zi3L.png

Well, infra spending is one of his campaign promises. And I still do want what's best for the country.

I know about the freaky cabinet choices, btw. Doesn't mean infrastructure spending wouldn't be a great thing.
He'd go down as a legend if he did High speed rail which would be scary since that could get white people to vote for his re election (even if he reports a shit load of people and bans muslims or jails BLM).

Trump will get Mitch and Ryan to open their pockets for him. It's like the only thing I can see him not backing down on

Especially if Dems throw their support behind it

lednerg

If you think "The DNC" is the reason the deck was cleared for Clinton, you have absolutely no idea what the DNC is.

When people pick one insignificant point and harp on that, it means they have no argument. Anyway, tell me about what the DNC has become since the early 70's in terms of fighting for the working class. Tell me what Howard Dean has been up to lately. Tell me why Debbie Wasserman Schultz wasn't fired after losing over 1,000 state legislature seats, or the 3 dozen House and, what, 13 Senate seats. This is a dysfunctional party not interested in winning elections, which should be their number one job.

Like think about it. A massive trillion dollar infrastructure bill is like the only thing will would be involved in his presidency that I would argue Trump is not only qualified to oversee, but probably one of the most qualified out there.

Most other stuff he'd probably get bored because he isn't really interested or doesn't know anything about. He'll probably want a project to activily be involved in

Totakeke

Like think about it. A massive trillion dollar infrastructure bill is like the only thing will would be involved in his presidency that I would argue Trump is not only qualified to oversee, but probably one of the most qualified out there.

Dude no, guy refused to pay many of his contractors.

Huh, this sounds like a terrible idea. This would basically just be spoils to people who support Trump.

I mean, we need infrastructure spending but having Trump oversee it sounds like an awful idea.

lednerg

Most other stuff he'd probably get bored because he isn't really interested or doesn't know anything about. He'll probably want a project to activily be involved in

He'd fuck it up, but that's enough cash to get some good happening. They'll wave the accomplishment over the Dems for ages.

Totakeke

I'm aware. Don't misread me. But in terms of actually like, building shit, it's one of the only things he has any idea of the actual specifica

If you said among the things he can do that's the thing he would be the most qualified for... maybe. But he's definitely not the most qualified person out there to lead a massive infrastructure project.

If the GOP decides to put up a trillion dollars in spending on a project how much is going to be eaten by favoritism redoing shoddy work. I don't even think they can get that done.

kirblar

When people pick one insignificant point and harp on that, it means they have no argument. Anyway, tell me about what the DNC has become since the early 70's in terms of fighting for the working class. Tell me what Howard Dean has been up to lately. Tell me why Debbie Wasserman Schultz wasn't fired after losing over 1,000 state legislature seats, or the 3 dozen House and, what, 13 Senate seats. This is a dysfunctional party not interested in winning elections, which should be their number one job.
It happened because Obama's team didn't understand how to do it. They knew how to get Obama elected, but were clueless on the other stuff (and didn't understand they were clueless)

mawkey

Neo Member
Do any Canadians know if you can be a member of at least two political parties and vote in each party convention to select the leader? I'm liberal but would also enjoy voting in the conservative leadership.

Sibylus

Banned
Do any Canadians know if you can be a member of at least two political parties and vote in each party convention to select the leader? I'm liberal but would also enjoy voting in the conservative leadership.

If all that's required is an entry fee, then yup you could vote. I think that's the case for the CPC.

lednerg

It happened because Obama's team didn't understand how to do it. They knew how to get Obama elected, but were clueless on the other stuff (and didn't understand they were clueless)

Oh, so blame the black guy.

j/k

You're tripping if you don't think the Clinton's haven't always been influential in Dem politics in both the local and federal levels. And I'm getting my info from the horses' mouths, the people for whom Hillary was the center of their lives for the past 8 years. They didn't just start when Hillary announced she was going to run.

Fuck Obama helping that shit stain.
Man come on, what is he supposed to do? I hate Trump as much as anyone but he won the election and will 99% likely be our next president (leaving the door open for a meteor hitting Earth directly where he's standing). Even if you want nothing more than to see Trump fuck up there needs to be some degree of functionality in the White House. He has plenty of time to screw up on his own.

watershed

Banned

I said it before, it's part of our political tradition and system of government. These people are responsible for the continuation of our government which means they have to eat their pride sometimes. I don't always agree with it, especially when it comes to normalizing Trump, but this is their job.

Think she'll get an invite to his fourth wedding? Or would he be on his 5th? I haven't been counting.

Seriously, democrats need to stop playing paddy-cake with Republicans. It doesn't get you anything when the other party completely rejects to notions of tradition, etiquette, good governance.

lednerg

Fuck Obama helping that shit stain.

He should do something like the Clinton's did when they removed all the W's from the keyboards in the White House in 2001. Maybe make all the doorknobs very big. Also put the word Drumpf in prominent places.

Nevermind, he's never going to sleep a night in that dump.

Joeytj

Banned
I actually wouldn't be surprised if he sticks with this one...only because I'm sure he's found some way to monetize his presidency in a way that will make him more money than the salary would.

He's incredibly thrifty and greedy, I honestly have a hard time believing he won't use the $400,000 a year for some sort of personal gain.

Debirudog

Obama is doing as much as he can to prevent the least terrible outcome from this disaster. He could just not care and just relax with his beautiful family but he's gonna still be out there because he cares.

kirblar

Did you get to the second page?
Alongside diverse academic uses of neoliberalism, political leaders and
social movements deploy the term variously in concrete struggles in different
national settings. The result is a range of meanings that leaves some scholars
worrying that the term is too vague or polemical for responsible use.
This paper is trying to define the term because it has no agreed-upon definition!

Odrion

Banned
I said it before, it's part of our political tradition and system of government. These people are responsible for the continuation of our government which means they have to eat their pride sometimes. I don't always agree with it, especially when it comes to normalizing Trump, but this is their job.

how did the republicans respond to obama in 2008

Gosh this trump supporter I'm forced to interact with on a daily basis won't shut the fuck up, he doesn't know who his congresswoman is or that she's even a woman, can't name a senator from our state, says 9/11 justified the Iraq War, and won't stop smugging about Trump being elected. He's dumb as a sack of shit. God forbid your average trump supporter bucks the stereotype of being a moronic rube, that would be asking too much

watershed

Banned
Did you get to the second page?

This paper is trying to define the term because it has no agreed-upon definition!

Neoliberal is definitely too polemical. In political terms, it's also too vague and generally is used to mean "favors corporate interests" as far as I can tell.

lednerg

Obama is doing as much as he can to prevent the least terrible outcome from this disaster. He could just not care and just relax with his beautiful family but he's gonna still be out there because he cares.
@cat_beltane
Obama: ah, i've built an opaque oversightless tech-panopticon that requires a benevolent philosopher-king. now to take a big sip of water

BanGy.nz

Banned
Gosh this trump supporter I'm forced to interact with on a daily basis won't shut the fuck up, he doesn't know who his congresswoman is or that she's even a woman, can't name a senator from our state, says 9/11 justified the Iraq War, and won't stop smugging about Trump being elected. He's dumb as a sack of shit. God forbid your average trump supporter bucks the stereotype of being a moronic rube, that would be asking too much
He sounds like the kind of person who's date would bail on them after 5 minutes.

The good news is when Trump repeals Medicare and loses 5 million US jobs he'll be too mad to vote, or vote for his Democratic opponent out of spite (and maybe even for downballot Dems in the midterm, that'll learn 'em)

watershed

Banned
how did the republicans respond to obama in 2008

Bush did as Obama is doing. Never took it personally even though Obama ran against Bush more than he did McCain. McCain was gracious in failure as well but he went back to the senate where he would but heads with the administration many times. Dick Cheney more or less took his evil spirit and went home. Only Palin continued the crusade against the secret Kenyan Muslim terrorist sleeper agent Barack Obama.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
No, fuck us for not helping Obama and forcing him to go through this.

He's doing this for us. And no matter how much I'm sure it kills him he knows he has to help put him in a position to where this goes as smoothly as possible.
This this this.

absolutely support transition easing regardless of affiliation. Fine with Hillary being friendly to him again. If she bows out of active party participation. Others have to carry the torch for dirty work now.

Odrion

Banned
"hey let's elevate this bigot and normalize his white nationalism that'd be a good boogieman

oh shit, the boogieman won due to my incompetent campaign decisions? sorry POC it's back to being a rich white woman again while my failures make your life a nightmare hellworld to live in. hey boogieman, lunch tomorrow?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom