• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
But there wouldn't even be a vote if republicans were in charge of the house...?

Ugh. Frankly disgusting coming from a member of the legislature.

But, see, like, okay.

So, what it is is, right, is that okay....

The people, right? They're going to march down the street. And they're going to knock on Paul Ryan's window, and they're going to say 'Hey, you know...do that thing, or we're going to shut down all the colleges until you do the thing we want!"

And he's going to be so, so afraid that he's going, to you, know...um....

But it's also a Revolution.

Armaros

You can question if Divine is the architect of Bernies success or if he is actually detrimental to the campaign, instead of denying whats obvious: Bernie is a real challenger, in between Ted Kennedy and Clinton 08.

Bill Clinton / Gore / Kerry didnt face a similar challenge.

The other candidates didn't have a opponent that thought slamming the party they are in and then turning around and saying he will need their delegate votes at the convention to win the nomination.

Because that's political suicide for a normal Democrat, but Bernie doesn't have any political clout to lose anyway and hasn't been a Democrat 99% of his political career.

ampere

Yeah, a year ago I was going to be satisfied with Clinton as the nominee but was planning to vote for Sanders if he was still around for my state, and my general attitude on him was "love that guy, would love for him to be President, but there's literally a 0% chance so I'm not gonna get my hopes up."

Now I'm like "I'm cool with you going back to the Senate to do your thing, but emphasis on go away. And shutttttuppppppppp"

Same, except I was pretty negative on Clinton. Would absolutely vote for her or whatever other dem got the nod for the general ofc

BanGy.nz

Banned
Bill Clinton / Gore / Kerry didnt face a similar challenge.

Bernie's cash would've dried up after South Carolina in any of those races, the recent popularity of crowd funding services gives him an advantage no one else in any of those races had.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bernie's cash would've dried up after South Carolina in any of those races, the popularity of crowd funding services gives him an advantage no one else in any of those races had.

Also the primary calendar was very condensed before this cycle.

Honestly, Kerry wasn't that far off. The thing was that he was behind, but close enough that if you wanted to believe then hearing about how it was bad news for Bush that he was under 50% was pretty seductive. It wasn't as bad as the UnskewedPolls site, but it did make me understand in 2012 why Republicans were latching onto arguments like "independents are going for Romney so he must be winning."

Learning the lesson that "if the polls show your candidate behind, your candidate is probably behind" in 2004 was very painful. However, it did prepare me for the Scott Walker recall (I was living in Wisconsin at the time) when, as much as I hated to see him win, at least I could see it coming rather than have false optimism crushed as the returns came in. Not that I didn't hope the polls were wrong, but at least I knew they probably weren't.

I find so weird how there's this need to undermine and minimize Sanders when he is getting almost half the votes in this primary. Is this how old democrats reacted when Hart almost defeated Mondale?

Cuz just like Hart's message, Bernie's ain't going away anytime soon.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I find so weird how there's this need to undermine and minimize Sanders when he is getting almost half the votes in this primary. Is this how old democrats reacted when Hart almost defeated Mondale?

He's getting the focus a serious candidate for the presidency gets. If he looks minimized and diminished by it, then that's his own fault.

ivysaur12

Banned

She's winning 58% of the vote. He's winning 42% of the vote. It's just not a close race.

And maybe if Bernie's message wanted to get somewhere, we'd focus on downticket races, instead of an obsessive (and probably unlikely) vendetta to unseat one rather liberal congresswoman.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

almost half? I guess if you call a 2.5 million vote difference almost half, sure.

almost half? I guess if you call a 2.5 million vote difference almost half, sure.

42% is almost half. And he will gain with the upcoming primaries. Way to prove my point.

This type of support isn't a one primary wonder. This isn't going away, unless Hillary mutates into full on unapologetic liberal once in office.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Your continued delusion is fascinating that 42% is almost half. I would say 46% is almost half, but not 42.

Edit: Not to mention that you think it will actually narrow. That would require him actually winning New York or California, lol.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What'd you think of Jon Batiste and Stay Human? I had to get their album after I went, they're awesome.

They're great but after living in NOLA, there are better bands :p

I'm a bit spoiled. I'd randomly stumble into a club and see the most amazing brass band, fuck I miss NOLA

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They're great but after living in NOLA, there are better bands :p

I'm a bit spoiled. I'd randomly stumble into a club and see the most amazing brass band, fuck I miss NOLA

Oh definitely, I just didn't think I'd like them as much as I did. We've got some pretty good jazz clubs here too.

Suikoguy

You people living in places of significance, there is nothing here in Southwest Florida.

What'd you think of Jon Batiste and Stay Human? I had to get their album after I went, they're awesome.

If Makai can't make it I'll go, he gets first choice though since I've been twice before. Plus I've got a podcast I'm guesting on at 8.

where do you have to be to guest? the show ends by 6:30 7ish

Your continued delusion is fascinating that 42% is almost half. I would say 46% is almost half, but not 42.

Edit: Not to mention that you think it will actually narrow. That would require him actually winning New York or California, lol.

4/10 being almost half is a delusion? Ok.

The only delusion is to believe such level of support for Sanders won't impact the Dems significantly.

It will narrow. The margins are such because of his big loses in the south. He is not losing by those margins ever again.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
where do you have to be to guest? the show ends by 6:30 7ish

I need a quiet place for two hours or so. I can probably get them to push it an hour, but I don't like rushing home. Plus I've got some writing to do anyway.

Shit, if only it were Wednesday.

I think it would be interesting to know whether or not Bernies ideas have got him that amount of support or the fact that he's not Clinton. I guess we'll never know as there was never a strong 3rd contender.

Suikoguy

4/10 being almost half is a delusion? Ok.

The only delusion is to believe such level of support for Sanders won't impact the Dems significantly.

It will narrow. The margins are such because of his big loses in the south. He is not losing by those margins ever again.

You do understand how math works right?
In order for a margin to narrow, he has to actually win in states with a large number of voters, like New York or California.

I think it would be interesting to know whether or not Bernies ideas have got him that amount of support or the fact that he's not Clinton. I guess we'll never know as there was never a strong 3rd contender.

The nature of the difference between the Open and Closed Primaries and Caucuses has been incredibly difficult to pin down. SOMETHING is going on, but what is it?

Holmes

No, no. The popular vote percentage gap won't be narrowing with New York, Pennsylvania and Maryland voting soon. And especially not the raw vote total margin.

Re-reading that NYDN interview, I'm inclined to agree with Squirrel Killer's reading of the TBTF-related questions in the OT thread (which is that everything following the "climate change" analogy is a different question, such that it's not necessarily incoherent that he says the administration currently has the authority to determine a bank is TBTF before saying the President can't do that).

...which still doesn't paint Sanders in a good light, because with all the time he's been railing about TBTF as a concept you'd think he would be able to recite Title II of Dodd-Frank from memory as a legal basis.

I need a quiet place for two hours or so. I can probably get them to push it an hour, but I don't like rushing home. Plus I've got some writing to do anyway.

Well if you down you are def. welcome. I think the daily show is pretty fast.I remember being out by 645 ish last time. PM me you number.

Suikoguy

Re-reading that NYDN interview, I'm inclined to agree with Squirrel Killer's reading of the TBTF-related questions in the OT thread (which is that everything following the "climate change" analogy is a different question).

...which still doesn't paint Sanders in a good light, because with all the time he's been railing about TBTF as a concept you'd think he would be able to recite Title II of Dodd-Frank from memory as a legal basis.

Yeah, the thread itself was fine but the title was misleading, it should have read.

"Sanders gives no options for breaking up the big banks when questioned"

It also went better than I thought aside from a few posters.

Shit, if only it were Wednesday.

If it doesn't work out, its super easy to get nightly show tickets. Fuck I can get wed nightly show tickets if you want. They never sell out and that show is actually super fun. Their staff is great

Suikoguy

omg ActBlue is so great

$5 more here, $5 more there

tralalala

When I find a job and finish my node.js app, I hope to be able to donate to races like that. As it stands, I will donate time here in Florida driving elderly voters to the polls.

Suikoguy

One could make the case that is the more noble way to donate.

I might make an effort to get them registered to vote by mail before the deadline, you can do it here online.
But if they insist on voting on election day, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom