• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're probably past this by this point but I literally did not realize until I read the Washington Post article that Bernie was actually wrong about HOW TO RIDE THE NEW YORK SUBWAY.

Home state advantage!

Well, I find it kind of adorable when my parents think that subway tokens are still a thing. Maybe that'll work out for Bernie.

Really though, it's all about the people who knew him 50 years ago telling their friends about him. That will have a much bigger impact than Clinton's time as a Senator.

It's so ridiculous how voter ID is treated even after we had that Pennsylvania Republican Leader literally say it was about winning elections back in 2012.

It's like, what else can possibly happen to change the way the media talks about it if that wasn't good enough?
Media will not talk about it until they find a Democrat scapegoat too in order to talk the usual bubu both sides drivel. They will never go after just Republicans because that's unfair and biased!
SCOTUS denied the release of the DC Madam phone records
Who sided against? They're probably on the list too.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
How do people not get what monopolies and trusts are? Did their high school history teachers not cover that? I've spent the last two days explaining the difference both on GAF and to people around me. It's mind boggling.

Ophelion

How do people not get what monopolies and trusts are? Did their high school history teachers not cover that? I've spent the last two days explaining the difference both on GAF and to people around me. It's mind boggling.

I remember over a decade ago trying to explain it to my peers in high school. They didn't get it then, I'm not surprised they don't get it now. So, I'm sure it was covered, but a lot of this stuff just does not sink in.

Edit: I'm sure it's covered here in Washington state. I am not nearly so sure of it elsewhere in the country.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I remember over a decade ago trying to explain it to my peers in high school. They didn't get it then, I'm not surprised they don't get it now. So, I'm sure it was covered, but a lot of this stuff just does not sink in.

Edit: I'm sure it's covered here in Washington state. I am not nearly so sure of it elsewhere in the country.

I know I learned it, we spent like two weeks on Trusts, Teddy Roosevelt, and that era in American History.

I know I learned it, we spent like two weeks on Trusts, Teddy Roosevelt, and that era in American History.

I went to a Christian school. We spent two weeks learning how to defend the Constitution from a Biblical basis.

I ain't even making that shit up.

Also, the Xbox One UI is a big mess. ; airhorn:

Exit polling data being shown on MSNBC

53% of GOP voters dissatisfied with Washington
54% of Democratic voters want to generally continue Obama's policies
31% of Democratic voters want more liberal policies
5% of GOP voters say Immigration is most important issue
32% of GOP voters are angry with Washington
56% of GOP voters want the candidate with the most votes to win the nomination in Cleveland
42% of GOP voters want the delegates to pick someone else

daedalius

I went to a Christian school. We spent two weeks learning how to defend the Constitution from a Biblical basis.

I ain't even making that shit up.

Also, the Xbox One UI is a big mess. ; airhorn:

if you can believe it, it used to be a much bigger mess

County Executive. Our current guy turned out to be Scott Walker 2.0 in some ways. And his smear campaign that's been clogging my mailbox is just ridiculous.

What about that shitty Supreme Justice? I've heard the hate that she was spewing in college. These people who vote Republican in their home state are gonna get what they deserve.

That 54% seems pretty damn good for Queen. That's 9 points more than in Mass, and essentially the same as Illinois.

It's cool that Obama and / or the Washington D.C. authorities allowed a peaceful protest to proceed, right outside the White House, no less, calling for marijuana to be removed from the list of Schedule 1 controlled substances (along side heroin...), and no arrests were made, despite several openly lighting up:

This has, of course, been a long standing policy of Bernie's, on the campaign trail, but for once, it looks like Hillary is standing firm...

This came up in Bernie's excellent interview with the editorial board of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (Wisconsin's largest city), and I particularly liked that Bernie was talking about the importance of preventative and primary healthcare, where as a people, we could save a bundle if we address health issues early, through promoting good nutrition, and identifying and treating ailments as early as possible, long before requiring expensive visits to the ER.

Bernie doesn't have the potential to be an outstanding President, for the American people? Pfft!

I see he's continuing to win support from more Hollywood stars, such as Tim Robbin's, and now Mark Ruffalo / Matthew Cooke:

P.S. On the $15 minimum wage, which both California and New York are moving forward on, don't forget guys, that as with Bernie's proposal, it's being phased in over several years, which should lesson any shock to business.

Bowdz

56% of GOP voters want the candidate with the most votes to win the nomination in Cleveland
42% of GOP voters want the delegates to pick someone else

Looks like a wash for both sides. Coin flip bro. RAZOR EDGE.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
My only complaint is that it's some rinky dinky card. in LA, we have nice cards, sturdy like an ATM/Credit Card.

But man oh man, I paid $33 for a weekly pass and rode the shit out of it in a week!

Well, they aren't meant to last forever. Plus most people just throw some money on it and go from there, we don't really treat it like an EZ-Pass.

Well, they aren't meant to last forever. Plus most people just throw some money on it and go from there, we don't really treat it like an EZ-Pass.

I don't understand why not? I mean, I understand having the pass like the one I had for tourists and business trips. Pay $1, get a paper thin one for however long you're there. But why should a local who commutes on it every day not have a sturdier card? Or is there a sturdier one for you locals that I missed?

There seems a general sentiment that the higher you go with any given figure in negotiating legislation the higher the final number.

themepark_005.png

But I don't really know if that pans out in the real world.

As opposed to a system of complex horse-trading to get like 250 representatives and like 51+ senators on board.

Really, even in Theme Park if you just leave your hand where it is, you get nothing.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't understand why not? I mean, I understand having the pass like the one I had for tourists and business trips. Pay $1, get a paper thin one for however long you're there. But why should a local who commutes on it every day not have a sturdier card? Or is there a sturdier one for you locals that I missed?

Nope, I think part of the reason is that they also need to be able to punch a hold in the card if you get a combo metrocard/LIRR monthly pass.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
56% of Wisconsin Dem voters see Bernie Sanders as more inspirational of the candidates
55% say Clinton has better chance to beat Trump.

Well, from the looks of it this'll be decided by which ever one people felt was more important: beating Trump and winning the white house or being inspired.

I just got back from WI primary voting. Lines weren't bad yet, but I purposefully took off work early. I remember in years past, even without the new ID laws, that the lines could get a bit long (and its a bit chilly out right now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom