• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
54% of Democratic voters want to generally continue Obama's policies
31% of Democratic voters want more liberal policies
This is somewhat interesting relative to polling, I think the YouGov poll has these basically reversed with 54% wanting more progressive policies.

Teggy

There seems a general sentiment that the higher you go with any given figure in negotiating legislation the higher the final number.

themepark_005.png

But I don't really know if that pans out in the real world.

15% is too much to pay for that stack of bologna.

Why do people wait until election day to register? Is that a requirement?

55-44 percent for Clinton among white women, but a 16-point Sanders advantage, 57-41 percent, among white men.

Actually....that's not too bad.

Benchmarks Politics is saying she's over performing in Milwaukee, but they're saying it cold be a 10ish point win for Bernie.

I'd take that any day.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Damn, I wonder if that means a lot of Independents broke GOP way to stop Trump.

"Quick, we need to stop the guy from getting the nomination by voting for a guy that has a better chance at winning the presidency!"

Makes zero sense.

rjinaz

In 8 years he'd have to deal with a much deeper field. He'd get killed.

I guess so. Hard to predict 8 years from now. I guess I'm thinking more of his platform than anything. America is ready for it's first woman president and Hillary is not only that, but she's also a very qualified candidate to boot. Bernie or the platform really had no chance, at least right now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I stayed home sick today, which I am, and I've got CNN on. Apparently Trump actually released a plan for paying for the wall, beyond just saying Mexico will pay for it.

I guess so. Hard to predict 8 years from now. I guess I'm thinking more of his platform than anything. America is ready for it's first woman president and Hillary is not only that, but she's also a very qualified candidate to boot. Bernie or the platform really had no chance, at least right now.

If de Blasio ran he'd drink Bernie's milkshake. He knows how race and class intersect and knows how to talk about it. Plus he's not afraid to give that real talk on race. From there you've also got Gillibrand, who is fantastic, and Cuomo, who isn't that great but is going to be able to boast he implemented a $15 minimum wage, banned fracking, and legalized gay marriage before the court did it. Not my favorite democrat, but dude got some real shit done.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
What about that shitty Supreme Justice? I've heard the hate that she was spewing in college. These people who vote Republican in their home state are gonna get what they deserve.
Almost goes without saying. I may trust someone personally to make the major changes required to move away from that, but not an elected official who is buddy-buddy with Scott Walker.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
So I stayed home sick today, which I am, and I've got CNN on. Apparently Trump actually released a plan for paying for the wall, beyond just saying Mexico will pay for it.

Wait, you mean he is providing more plans than Sanders?

I thought polling weights were much lower than 16% non-white.

Good question, what were the cross tabs?
Could be far closer than projections.

If de Blasio ran he'd drink Bernie's milkshake. He knows how race and class intersect and knows how to talk about it. Plus he's not afraid to give that real talk on race.

I hope you feel better.

Benchmarks Politics is saying she's over performing in Milwaukee, but they're saying it cold be a 10ish point win for Bernie.
10 points for a state that's 83% White, educated and liberal with an open primary, no registered party affiliations and same-day registration would be a very controlled loss.

CNN poll says 84% of Democrats were white. That's a little high and could be related to Voter ID. Would favor Sanders. On the other hand, only 25% identify as independent.

I think he just said something about seizing remittances to Mexico which is about 20-30 billion a year.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Milania looks like she's in scrubs in that story...

Holy shit, he actually had a plan. He wants to stop people from sending money south of the border and if they do he wants to seize it to pay for the wall. It's not a good plan at all, it's really funny to tell the truth.

Mrbob

Polling place was jammed today when I went to vote. Turnout might be big.

Protip I didn't vote for Trump sorry.

rjinaz

If de Blasio ran he'd drink Bernie's milkshake. He knows how race and class intersect and knows how to talk about it. Plus he's not afraid to give that real talk on race. From there you've also got Gillibrand, who is fantastic, and Cuomo, who isn't that great but is going to be able to boast he implemented a $15 minimum wage, banned fracking, and legalized gay marriage before the court did it. Not my favorite democrat, but dude got some real shit done.

Thanks. I'll admit not knowing much about these individuals. I'll do some research. I actually am excited about a Clinton presidency maybe because of it being historical but I'm also excited about what comes next and I thank Bernie for lighting that particular fire.

Iolo

Milania looks like she's in scrubs in that story...

Holy shit, he actually had a plan. He wants to stop people from sending money south of the border and if they do he wants to seize it to pay for the wall. It's not a good plan at all, it's really funny to tell the truth.

Yeah, Obama already responded to it today and said it was fucking stupid for obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom