• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCS

Banned
Let's do the PoliGAF alphabet!

A is for Adam, chief among the Hillary Stans
B is for the Bern we are all feeling
C is for Clinton, our one true goddess
D is for Disarray, the natural state of the Democrat party
E is for the Establishment that we shill on behalf of
F is for Fraud, how Hillary wins states
G is for Gay, which we all are
H is for Huma, destroyer of worlds
J is for Joe of the Morning, our favourite pundit
K s for Kev, the voice of Wall Street
L is for Lyin' Ted, whose affairs we have great interest in
M is for the Media, whose lies we spread
N is for New York, where the doom of our time will be decided

Part 2 may come later...

EDIT: I'm claiming that was intentional, and totally not because I can't spell :p

Let's do the PoliGAF alphabet!

A is for Adam, chief among the Hillary Stans
B is for the Bern we are all feeling
C is for Clinton, our one true goddess
D is for Disarray, the natural state of the Democrat party
E is for the Establishment that we shill on behalf of
F is for Fraud, how Hillary wins states
G is for Gay, which we all are
H is for Huma, destroyer of worlds
J is for Joe of the Morning, our favourite pundit
K s for Kev, the voice of Wall Street
L is for Lyin' Ted, whose affairs we have great interest in
M is for the Media, whose lies we spread
N is for New York, where the doom of our time will be decided

Part 2 may come later...

I is for ignored, like Bernie by the mainstream media. #OccupyCNN

So Pfizer is not moving overseas, specifically citing Treasury's new rules on tax inversions. NPR was crediting this as Obama administration's success, and how the new rules were specifically created to target Pfizer. Seriously, thanks Obama.

Cruz is running the best campaign this year IMO. I think he's well positioned to win a contested convention in spite of Trump as well as establishment anger. The GOP passed an anti-Ron Paul convention rule which requires candidates to win 8 states in order to receive the nomination. There's no logical reason for the Cruz or Trump campaigns to agree to waive that rule so I don't buy any of the talk about Romney, Ryan, etc being nominated.

Trump blew it. Whether it was hubris or pure stupidity I don't know, but he has had one of the worst months I've ever seen from a potential nominee.

Cruz is running the best campaign this year IMO. I think he's well positioned to win a contested convention in spite of Trump as well as establishment anger. The GOP passed an anti-Ron Paul convention rule which requires candidates to win 8 states in order to receive the nomination. There's no logical reason for the Cruz or Trump campaigns to agree to waive that rule so I don't buy any of the talk about Romney, Ryan, etc being nominated.

Trump blew it. Whether it was hubris or pure stupidity I don't know, but he has had one of the worst months I've ever seen from a potential nominee.

I agree completely with your first paragraph. Cruz has run a great campaign. He seems like he's able to squeeze out every last Cruz voter in an area. And I really don't think it'll be anyone other than Cruz or Trump. Like you said, they can fight back on any rule change.

I'm still not sold Trump has blown it, though. I agree this last month was just shockingly bad, but I'm still waiting to see it effect the race.

Grassley called out John Roberts for making the court political with his votes. This is the biggest pot calling the kettle black I've heard in some time. Grassley seems to think he's more objective (or knows how the court should have ruled) better than the Chief Justice. That's cohones.

Yeah it's really fucking stupid. Wisconsin was a failure for Sanders, and I'm talking about the Supreme Court nom. Walker appointed justice won. Thanks Sanders for mobilizing your base to vote for you, maybe next time you could emphasize the importance of other actors in the policy process.

That would require Sanders to acknowledge others in the democratic party in a positive light and not bring all the attention to himself.

ampere

So Pfizer is not moving overseas, specifically citing Treasury's new rules on tax inversions. NPR was crediting this as Obama administration's success, and how the new rules were specifically created to target Pfizer. Seriously, thanks Obama.

Yea, pretty impressive work. Gotta give him some credit

That would require Sanders to acknowledge others in the democratic party in a positive light and not bring all the attention to himself.

If you aren't a "Bernie-crat" you're a bad guy, duh

I mean, they admit it all the time, but that doesn't make it go away : /

I do hope a Hillary stacked Supreme Court can banish that shit with a powerful ruling

It's more Cruz is an utter asshole. You can't expect to win NY saying and doing the shit he's done.

Didn't he make some crack at a debate about "new york values" and Trump stomped him by successfully bringing up 9/11 and the strength of New York?

Yeah cruz will get rekt in NY

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Didn't he make some crack at a debate about "new york values" and Trump stomped him by successfully bringing up 9/11 and the strength of New York?

Yeah cruz will get rekt in NY

Not only that, but he was against Zadroga. There are three thing all NYers agree on: we have the best pizza, we have the best bagels, and Zadroga needed to be reauthorised. He was never going to do well here.

The expectation that a politician should agree with you on everything is the ultimate expression of privilege.

Best line in that chait piece.

This "we need the best now" reeks of people who hate being told people disagree and they can't always get what they want.

gcubed

To answer you- because the regulations are 300 pages long and people are still trying to understand it before running their mouths about it.

I hope.

Yeah it's really fucking stupid. Wisconsin was a failure for Sanders, and I'm talking about the Supreme Court nom. Walker appointed justice won. Thanks Sanders for mobilizing your base to vote for you, maybe next time you could emphasize the importance of other actors in the policy process.

Lol gg

"Tax inversions aren't about corporate greed, we have totes legit reasons to move.

Oh wait no tax benefits? Nvm then."

Bolded is hilarious!!! Needed a laugh

Tad Devine called NYDN a tabloid. Is it really a tabloid? I thought tabloids were National Enquirer level abominations. Why would a tabloid have a political editorial board?
"I understand when you go to New York you're going to get hit by the tabloids, thats what the primaries are about," Sanders senior advisor Tad Devine said on CNN

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Tad Devine called NYDN a tabloid. Is it really a tabloid? I thought tabloids were National Enquirer level abominations. Why would a tabloid have a political editorial board?

It's closer to being a tabloid than it is to being the NYTimes, but they still do good reporting when it matters.

Armaros

Perfect response. Would also help clarify her thoughts in the "Clinton doesn't think Sanders is a Democrat" thread in OT. Though maybe that wouldn't go over well

There isn't a point, anything she says is being taken as a personal dirty attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom