• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trancos

How is Bernie going to endorse Hillary if he loses after saying she's not qualified to be President?

Bernie has a terrible record as a team player but didn't Hillary campaign said that Obama wasn't qualified to be commander in chief in 2008? We all know that she still endorsed and worked her ass off to get Obama elected.
My point is that if Bernie endorse (or not) or campaign (or not)for Hillary after the primary has more to do about who he is than what he said in his campaign.

BanGy.nz

Banned
Sanders will settle down after New York. Relax.
FUCK!

SANDERS IS SECERTLY A GOP PLANT SENT TO DESTROY THE DEMOCRATES

FieldPoll_3_040716.jpg

Take a look at the regions for the real story.

Trump may be fucked.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
!!!!KCUF

Overreacting. Bernie wants to win and can't lightly skate by and say Hillary is queen. Even though she is and haters can remain bothered.

Bernie is not going to endorse Hillary.

She'll still win in the fall.

Where this will hurt is downticket when the Bernie supporters sit out...

Diablos

He is not. Bernie has zero plans to accept his nomination loss and he will keep telling his supporters that the establishment stole it.
That's bad. This will really hinder youth turnout. Bernie is a deeply flawed candidate who could never win a general election and he's about to throw a wrench in the entire thing regardless.

Starting to legit hate him. I hope someone primaries his ignorant ass in VT.

Y2Kev

That's bad. This will really hinder youth turnout. Bernie is a deeply flawed candidate who could never win a general election and he's about to throw a wrench in the entire thing regardless.

Starting to legit hate him. I hope someone primaries his ignorant ass in VT.
You sound like a Bernie supporter.

royalan

Bernie has a terrible record as a team player but didn't Hillary campaign said that Obama wasn't qualified to be commander in chief in 2008? We all know that she still endorsed and worked her ass off to get Obama elected.
My point is that if Bernie endorse (or not) or campaign (or not)for Hillary after the primary has more to do about who he is than what he said in his campaign.

Thing is, Hillary could have completely hated Obama to the core in 2008 (I don't think she did. I think the respect she has for him is genuine at this point), but she would have endorsed him regardless because she's loyal to the Democratic party and she keeps her game stepped up. We have watched this woman put her feelings to the side in pursuit of a higher cause time and time again.

But, clearly. Sanders is petty. His feelings are soft as Charmin Ultra 3-ply, and outside of caucusing with them out of convenience he seems to not have any fucks in his purse for the Democratic Party.

I'm FULLY expecting him to pull a Petty Wap in the end.

PBY

Banned
California GOP Primary - June 7 (172 Delegates):

Trump 39% (+16 since 1/3)
Cruz 32 (+7)
Kasich 18 (+17)

Field Poll

Y2Kev

Can we have Bernie primaried because he is not a Democrat?
Sanders is popular because of what he represents and what he is. It doesn't matter and his constituents don't care that he is not a democrat. Primarying him would be a waste of time. Can we please just focus on reality here which is that he will get over this and and we will look back on this with laughter in three months?

teiresias

Sanders is popular because of what he represents and what he is. It doesn't matter and his constituents don't care that he is not a democrat. Primarying him would be a waste of time. Can we please just focus on reality here which is that he will get over this and and we will look back on this with laughter in three months?

I will look back with maniacal laughter after Queen wins in the fall, sweeping in such a Dem Senate majority that the Dems are able to marginalize Bernie's ass.

royalan

California is going to be interesting.

There's a huge liberal/progressive base in that state (obviously), but it's a lot more moderate than people who don't live there seem to think it is. Every Bernie supporter I know here in PA thinks Bernie's going to take it in a landslide because "Duh...it's California!" I don't know about that. Don't let the Coachella fool you.

Huge minority population
Surprisingly big conservative base
Lots of affluent people
Population that's not poised to hate Hillary (she took LA and the surrounding counties in 2008 pretty decisively if I remember correctly, and that's where the bulk of the votes are going to come from)

Talked to my family a few days ago, and The Hood seems to be mostly be going for Hillary.

BanGy.nz

Banned
I will look back with maniacal laughter after Queen wins in the fall, sweeping in such a Dem Senate majority that the Dems are able to marginalize Bernie's ass.
They'd still need him again 2 years later after republicans inevitably gain seats in the midterm elections.

Diablos

You want someone primaried for doing something you don't like?
Because he's being completely irrational to the point of doing more harm than good. I haven't liked Bernie for a while now since he ran for Pres. I never felt compelled to hate him this much until now though. Nor would I have cared to say that I'd like to see him out of the Senate until yesterday. It's not just that i don't like what he is saying but he's a horrible politician with no realistic goals who is surrounded by morons who have no idea how to win in the fall. What he's saying isn't just what turns me off, it's how and when. He is NOT helping the party prepare for the fall. He's not even challenging her really; he's throwing gas on a fire.

We do not have the luxury of dragging this out until the convention. It isn't 2008.

I am not the kind of person who wants every democrat I disagree with to be primaried, but Bernie is an exception.

jaekeem

I wish Hillary didn't pivot towards gun control to attack Bernie

not because I disagree, but because i think it plays badly with moderates

Drakeon

California is going to be interesting.

There's a huge liberal/progressive base in that state (obviously), but it's a lot more moderate than people who don't live there seem to think it is. Every Bernie supporter I know here in PA thinks Bernie's going to take it in a landslide because "Duh...it's California!" I don't know about that. Don't let the Coachella fool you.

Huge minority population
Surprisingly big conservative base
Lots of affluent people
Population that's not poised to hate Hillary (she took LA and the surrounding counties in 2008 pretty decisively if I remember correctly, and that's where the bulk of the votes are going to come from)

Talked to my family a few days ago, and The Hood seems to be mostly be going for Hillary.

Yeah, anyone assuming that Bernie takes California because we're a pretty blue state doesn't understand California. It's nothing like Vermont or Massachusetts (which Bernie should have taken using this logic). If the rest of the state was as liberal as SF/Berkely, Bernie would take it in a heartbeat, but the rest of the state simply isn't that liberal.

royalan

Weaver on MSNBC just now:

This is hilarious. All Hillary has done is poke at that disastrous interview Bernie gave, and she's hardly the only one. If this is how his campaign handles being under the microscope really for the first time all primary, then he has no business going near the general.

I mean, peep the language: they're literally demonizing her at this point.

Is it the time of night where we drink? I got a new addition to my pint glass collection today!

I refuse to use that phase with misspelled 'yes' so how about....

Climb the Hill!
no that's terrible...

Nice! I was thinking about buying some of those.

I really wish campaigns sold shot glasses. I'd buy a Bernie and a Hillary one if I could.

I wish Hillary didn't pivot towards gun control to attack Bernie

not because I disagree, but because i think it plays badly with moderates

I'm glad she did. It's a major reason why I prefer Clinton over Sanders... and the common sense gun reform she supports is actually something most people agree is a good idea, when you remove the framing of 'OBUMMER WANTS TO TAKE YOUR GUNS' paranoia from it.

Most NRA members agree with expanded background checks, for example.

Not saying it won't play badly, but Clinton is going to get smeared on the issue whether she stays silent about it or not. So it's probably best to actually try and get her position out there, and it should play fairly well in the primaries.

That law preventing people from suing gun companies is some special treatment bullshit, that reeks of the kind of corporate cronyism than Sanders is always accusing Clinton of, so it's a good point to make that Sanders supported it. Gun companies likely would win every law suit brought against them, but if you make a lethal weapon, I don't think you should be protected from some of the fallout from profiting off of fire arms. Major corporations face frivolous law suits all the time. It's part of the territory. Unless you profit from making lethal weapons of course.

Democrats REALLY like gun control, especially in the northeast. So right before closed primaries in that region sounds like the best time to be touting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom