• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, stupid as it was, it won't be a huge deal. The "unqualified" thing came straight from the candidates mouth. It's new. It's shiny. The media loves it. Protesters interrupting a candidate is old hat. Not sexy. Not interesting, especially when the candidate herself wasn't involved.

Doesn't make his comments less stupid, though.

Yeah, I feel you're probably right. We'll have to wait and see.

I don't think Bill hates black people I just don't think he understands the political environment he's in.

Hell, I'm not even sure Hillary understands it.

So, assuming Hillary wins (and, of course, Bill stays alive and married to her and she gets reelected, obviously) would that make Bill the record holder for time spent living in the White House? I mean, even assuming both sons had lived with their fathers when they were President, Bush Sr. were Adams Sr. were one termers. And FDR died in office in his twelfth year. Could be an interesting bit of trivia in a couple decades.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So, assuming Hillary wins (and, of course, Bill stays alive and married to her and she gets reelected, obviously) would that make Bill the record holder for time spent living in the White House? I mean, even assuming both sons had lived with their fathers when they were President, Bush Sr. were Adams Sr. were one termers. And FDR died in office in his twelfth year. Could be an interesting bit of trivia in a couple decades.

FDR is gonna hold that record unless she gets a second term.

royalan

I don't think Bill hates black people I just don't think he understands the political environment he's in.

Hell, I'm not even sure Hillary understands it.

Hillary understands. She was quick to call the crime bill a mistake, and when she got protested for the superpreditor comment she had an apology out the next morning.

It's fucking Bill...

Cfd572rXIAEB9ck.jpg:large

Ignoring the fact that Weaver would contest (lolol) how is this mathematically possible? With only 2 candidates, one has to get over the threshold...

royalan

Cfd572rXIAEB9ck.jpg:large

Ignoring the fact that Weaver would contest (lolol) how is this mathematically possible? With only 2 candidates, one has to get over the threshold...

Only if you don't count superdelegates, but that's silly.

This isn't like the Republicans, where if you don't win on the first ballot all the delegates are freed and all bets are off. Even if Hillary doesn't reach the magic number with pledged delegates, enough supers have started their support to give her the nom if Bernie can't give them a reason to switch.

Crayons

Banned

if hillary gets elected it would also be the first time two presidents have banged eachother

I can't wait until Obama hits the campaign trail so we can retire Bill. It's not the 90s anymore.

Honestly that's a good takeaway here. Clintons re-litigating the past, again. I defended Bill in the thread, I don't believe he was saying "BLM defends murderers." And the context of the 90s crime rate is essential when discussing the Crime bill; not to mention the support it had in black communities, with black politicians, etc (which is a stark difference between it and the welfare reforms). But having said all that, whenever the Clintons get dragged into 90s issues they get bogged down. Best to simply move on.

Having watched the full video I understand where he was coming from but he just looks bad defending those bills. He really does care about his legacy in the black community though which is why he got so awful in 2008

Bowdz

Honestly that's a good takeaway here. Clintons re-litigating the past, again. I defended Bill in the thread, I don't believe he was saying "BLM defends murderers." And the context of the 90s crime rate is essential when discussing the Crime bill; not to mention the support it had in black communities, with black politicians, etc (which is a stark difference between it and the welfare reforms). But having said all that, whenever the Clintons get dragged into 90s issues they get bogged down. Best to simply move on.

I agree 100%. Bill's response is getting maligned from what he actually said, but he needs to stay forward facing. Do not talk about the past unless it is to remind people about the economy at the time. This is an example of living in the past while his 2012 DNC speech is a perfect example of a forward looking Bill.

He really is like the democratic version of Trump. He just can't help himself when people attack his past.

Only if you don't count superdelegates, but that's silly.

This isn't like the Republicans, where if you don't win on the first ballot all the delegates are freed and all bets are off. Even if Hillary doesn't reach the magic number with pledged delegates, enough supers have started their support to give her the nom if Bernie can't give them a reason to switch.

See shit like that pisses me off. Clinton recognized what democracy had said in 2008 and stopped campaigning, and threw her support behind Obama.

Sanders supporters simultaneously bitch about super delegates in Washington supporting Clinton, while the Sanders campaign look to do everything they can to gain as many delegates outside of winning votes as possible.

Win more pledged delegates than the other person and you win. That's it. If you can't do that, then you lost. If you try to win despite losing... you can't excuse your opponent of playing politics and all that without being a hypocrite.

Someone else said this earlier, but Clinton doesn't pretend to be above politics, like Sanders does. And it is pretense.

Yep. He should have just said mistakes were made and we tried to do our best and listen to community leaders and moved right along. He needs to stop getting so defensive and start thinking politically about his responses.

"I'll tell you another story about a place where Black lives matter...Africa." When I heard that that shit, I couldn't help but to laugh and close the video. Come on now Bill.

Buchanan and Hillary also have something in common
other than the blatant, slightly repressed homosexuality
. If she becomes President, she'll be the first former SoS to become President since Buchanan.

studyguy

Reddit looks like its having a hard time coming to a consensus between which hate boner to fondle harder... the one for the Clintons or minorities through BLM when it comes to that video. Those comments tho

They'll do a roll call vote. She'll win. End of.

There'll be no headache. Just one side looking like petulant losers, refusing to acknowledge the Queen.

Werk. FUCK. disarray.

It's not that she wouldn't get the votes, it would be the whining from the Sanders camp.

She could win every remaining contest with 100% of the vote and you'd still get whining from hardcore Bernie supporters. There are a lot of people very emotionally invested in the Sanders campaign right now who are going to be upset if and when he loses, regardless of how that loss comes about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom