• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Lmao, get fucked El Rato. And to think Trump hasn't even started with the Zadroga attacks yet. That shit will ether Ted to oblivion.

Someone please tell me there's a GOP debate before the primary. Trump could end Cruz if he hit him with Zadroga in a debate.

Bowdz

Those are really bad numbers for Cruz and Bernie. Cruz needed to keep Trump under 50.

Agreed.

It sounds like Cruz is shooting for upstate NY and pockets of religious voters in the city. Once Trump starts hammering Zadroga, he will kill off any support Cruz still has in the city. Trump will take upstate as well without much contest.

The fact that Kasich's PAC is HAMMERING Cruz on his NY values comment is just icing on the cake. Cruz will get BTFO there.

ivysaur12

Banned
If Trump dominates districts in the city with few GOP voters with those margins statewide, he could very easily sweep all the delegates.

Which I believe would be YUUUGE towards him hitting 1237.

20-point margin would definitely end a lot of delusions of grandeur I think. Lot of Bernie supporters on my fb pinning everything on NY and CA.

Saw a picture of Bernie's head photoshopped on Goku's body holding up the Spirit Bomb with NY in one hand and CA in the other. Like yeah, good luck with that...

But don't worry, Cali has like 500 delegates so if Bernie wins all of them he'll close the gap. That seems like a reasonable expectation.

Well, California is winner take all, right?
Mark Penn thought so.

Bowdz

Field poll

CA

Clinton 47
Sanders 41

W1CKfRx.gif

ivysaur12

Banned
Right, no party affiliation. They have them listed like that in the results. Field Poll is the gold standard in California, I believe.

Right. They said independents in their write up so I was a little wary.

Also if she's tied with white voters, up with Hispanic voters and up big with black voters, I kind of don't buy that she'd only be up by 8 but whatever.

I think you would have to be looking to find anything sexist in Bernie's words, and judging by this thread, Bernie is evil and there is something sidious about all he does, so the reaching makes sense.

There are valid critisisms of Bernie, this isn't one of them. Seems almost like Bernie's smaller flaws are blown out of proportion to match with Hillary's.

I have to laugh at this, as Bernie's campaign is trying to make out HRC as hopelessly corrupt monster (and now unqualified). Trying to drive up HRC's negatives to win is pure desperation. Doesn't help the party at all, with his zero sum, scorched earth strategy if he can't close the deal to get the nomination.

Right. They said independents in their write up so I was a little wary.

Also if she's tied with white voters, up with Hispanic voters and up big with black voters, I kind of don't buy that she'd only be up by 8 but whatever.

That's a good point. I didn't even notice that. You'd think if she's leading every group she'd be a bit more ahead.

ivysaur12

Banned
That's a good point. I didn't even notice that. You'd think if she's leading every group she'd be a bit more ahead.

I'm not going to unskew. +8 is probably a bit higher than where I expect the race to end up. I was just surprised when I saw that.

I also think CA polling is going to be hard in general since many might not know if they're registered Independent or NPA.

royalan

Sorry, but his word doesn't mean shit to me. I'll believe it when I see it. Until he proves otherwise, he's an annoying liability that needs to go the fuck away.

Where I stand.

He's been going full-on Republican in how he's been attacking her for the past two weeks. Doubling down on the "Unqualified" shit just seals it. His word is as good now as it was when he promised to run a clean campaign.

ivysaur12

Banned
I think if Bernie says he'll support Hillary, he will. Whether it'll be effusive, stumping support... maybe not. But who cares.

Azzanadra

Where I stand.

He's been going full-on Republican in how he's been attacking her for the past two weeks. Doubling down on the "Unqualified" shit just seals it. His word is as good now as it was when he promised to run a clean campaign.

Now Sanders is being likened to a Republican. Of course. What an evil and vile man, he must be stopped!

If his election was for nothing else, I know I have gained a personal hero. I put him along side the ranks of Martin Luther King Jr. and Tommy Douglas and other great revolutionaries, even if his failed. He tried, and that's more that can be said for the rest of us.

Now Sanders is being likened to a Republican. Of course. What an evil and vile man, he must be stopped!

If his election was for nothing else, I know I have gained a personal hero. I put him along side the ranks of Martin Luther King Jr. and Tommy Douglas and other great revolutionaries, even if his failed. He tried, and that's more that can be said for the rest of us.

anigif_enhanced-11978-1407168258-7.gif

BanGy.nz

Banned

You should stick to The Wire references.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
That might have to go on the top ten list for the end of the Primary.

Nicely done.

I think Trump will outperform polls in New York. How are the delegates from New York allocated exactly?

Here's the delegate allocation in full detail.

Here's a summary that doesn't worry about cases that are clearly not going to happen:

-Each CD (there are 27) has 3 delegates. If anyone gets over 50% in the district he gets them all, otherwise the winner and runner-up split them 2-1.

-There are 14 statewide delegates. If anyone gets over 50% he gets them all, otherwise they are split proportionally, with a 20% threshold.

Azzanadra

You should stick to The Wire references.

Which reminds me, I feel obligated to remind everyone how Clinton is basically Carcetti. And yes, I know all about O'Malley. Like how Carcetti was all about the power and willing to put his own interests and those of the elite before the people who actually needed it, Clinton does the same.

Still, I can't help but feel bad for the lower classes in the future, especially those in the lower classes. See, the rhetoric here is that people need to vote Clinton to keep Trump out because that's made for minorities, but really the there exists a link between class and race. Literally 98% of the dealers on The Wire were black, and from my visit to Baltimore, I can say the same. The get wrapped up in that environment, it passes on the kids and other downtrodden folk... and the cycle perpetuates.

When the establishment eventually guts Bernie, he should go down fighting. He should say
get on with it motherfucker
like Bunny Colvin and Stringer, for he too is someone trying to change the game.

Bowdz

Uh.. was this posted ?

Uh guys, what is this?..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECxH4uIswiA

The Establishment Strikes back.

Honestly, I think Ryan getting the nod would literally destroy the party beyond repair as soon as it was announced. Remember Trump and Cruz have some 3/4 of the delegates and votes cast this cycle. If both of them lose it to some guy who has less votes than Jim Gilmore this cycle by some backroom establishment shit, they will tear the GOP down in protest. I don't buy for one second that the GOP base would coalesce around Ryan if he outright stole it from the two front runners. In terms of scenarios that would damage the GOP, I think they rank (worst first):
1. Trump is the nominee
2. Ryan is the nominee
3. Kasich is the nominee
4. Cruz is the nominee

Uh.. was this posted ?

Uh guys, what is this?..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECxH4uIswiA

Paul Ryan wants to be president someday. I agree with pigeon that Ryan will probably be the next Republican POTUS, assuming Dems cannot hold the White House for more than 2 administrations. I don't think he's going to accept any BS contested convention nom this year, but given how much baggage he's going to accrue as Speaker, it's pretty important that he starts building up his brand as an intelligent, reasonable moderate now, especially assuming he wants to realign his party around that image he's going to try and build. I will admit, if I didn't know Ryan's history as a cuckoo objectivist, this ad would be pretty appealing to me.

Makai

I never think about the racial composition of crowds, but Paul says, "I hate this idea of identity politics" and the camera pans through the white crowd. haha

Kangi

Please give the nomination to Ryan.

If he thought a spanking from Biden was bad, Clinton will tear him limb from limb. Imagine the GOP thinking that the Trump base would go and vote for a known "loser".

Makai

If Ryan is the nominee, Trump needs to be VP. And then Trump bullies the fuck out of Ryan until he's top on the ticket.

Holy shit. That is mindblowingly arrogant. I knew he was bad, but that is just terrible.

He's truly awful. His rise was basically an accident of timing. Bill Clinton brought him on after the Republicans took control of Congress in the 1994 midterms to turn things around. He was given a lot of credit for Clinton's re-election in 1996, and in particular his strategy of targeting suburban "soccer moms" was treated as a stroke of genius. Honestly though, with the economy as strong as it was in 1996 Clinton would have had a hard time losing that election, especially against an opponent as uninspiring as Bob Dole. But since everyone assumed after the midterms that Clinton was doomed to be a one term president, Penn was given a lot of credit for the comeback.

After that he embarked on a campaign to systematically prove that his reputation was undeserved. Aside from the awful job he did with the Hillary '08 campaign, he was on track to pretty much run the Al Gore campaign into the ground in 1999 before being fired. As usual he focused on some pithy demographic to target. This time it was "wired workers." Still, it was 2008 that really exposed to most observers just how incompetent he is as a political strategist.

pigeon

Banned
Doesn't surprise me at all. Ryan always wanted to run, and it would probably be a good idea to do it before he has to be Speaker of the House under Hillary Clinton for 8 years.

Ultimately, as before, everything depends on whether Trump can get the majority; if he can't, if he's willing to accept some kind of deal to back out; and if he isn't, whether he's interested in politics and negotiation enough to actually break with the party. I have basically no idea about any of these three things.

We're kind of at a point in history where a lot of outcomes depend on the choices of individual actors. Interesting times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom