• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boney

Banned
Well on her other public speech Susan Sarandon drew the public wild, because - surprise - she's a great public speaker!

So, on the Today show, Bernie was asked if Hillary is qualified. He said "Of course."

SO what in the sam hell have the last 24 hours been about with your bullshit campaign, brah!? Come on now.
Campaign manager probably told him to cool it off until the debate because this isn't going to do him good with the media double standards. Pretty easy to understand.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I once sat at a table in a restaurant that Sarandon sat at before me. She left an olive pit on the table. Disgusting.

HylianTom

Banned
Civ 5 is the devil. A glorious, glorious devil. You start a marathon/giant/12-Civ game on a Thursday night, and at the next time when you look at the clock, it's 3am on Monday morning, you're encrusted to your chair, and you have to be at work in 4 hours.

And the only positive sentiment I have towards Ubi is due to Beyond Good & Evil. I replay it once per year. Otherwise, Ubi can piss off.

-=======-

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/718422416435908609

Sanders backs off: "Of course" Clinton is qualified to be president hill.cm/NjOG2x9

4727348-6673922877-beetl.jpg

Well on her other public speech Susan Sarandon drew the public wild, because - surprise - she's a great public speaker!

Campaign manager probably told him to cool it off until the debate because this isn't going to do him good with the media double standards. Pretty easy to understand.

Right...

Wooo ban lifted! That was horrible. Light theme is literally the worst. Almost as bad as Hillary.

Exciting past month though. The Trump implosion is fun to watch since I sold all my PredictIt shares. Rooting for a brokered convention now. Bring on the fuckery.

Bernie's death throes are not fun to watch, but definitely expected. I have a feeling it'll get worse leading up to CA while at the same time he'll walk back each attack 24 hours later to preserve his "never ran a negative campaign" talking point.

Except said campaign manager was on all the networks doubling down on it yesterday. Of course, I expect Weaver to run at the mouth until he is fired or chokes on the shit he spews, neither of which is a good look. Bernie's wife was on Rachel last night slightly doubling down on it. The whole thing was bizarre.

IF you watch "The Circus," Susan Sarandon mentions she was terrified to go out there for Bernie because, like a lot of actors, she's not used to being herself. I do community theater, and we see that a lot. People that don't get stage freight get all nervous when they have to speak as themselves. Me? I just run at the mouth.

Slayven. Been meaning to ask. How is the new black panther? I haven't bought a comic in forever but been thinking about picking it up for the civil war hype (#teamcap tho) and TNC.

in the sense that i'm actually considering hacking off my own foot, yes

in the sense that my foot has been in constant pain for two weeks that i can't really do anything about because i don't have enough money for co-pays or enough time for an appointment, no

solid.

Ugh. I'm so sorry. I've been there. Is there maybe a Rapid Response or something that would see you and bill you later? :( That sucks so bad.

Vox hasn't been good lately but I found this to be a pretty good take:

The overall result is that pundits watching their mentions are mainlining a deeply misleading view of the Democratic primary — one that features a passionate and bitter race that simply doesn't exist in the real world, complete with starkly polarized views on issues that don't exist among actual voters.

On Twitter, Sanders supporters think Hillary Clinton is a monstrous right-winger who spends her days and nights plotting to throw poor kids off welfare benefits while outsourcing their fathers' jobs to China in order to free up scarce public resources for her warmongering. Clinton supporters, by contrast, think Sanders is a Trojan horse fake Democrat sent by the Koch brothers to destroy the Democratic Party.

Clinton supporters, by contrast, think Sanders is a Trojan horse fake Democrat sent by the Koch brothers to destroy the Democratic Party
I've never seen a single Clinton supporter say that. At least not here and r/hillary. Almost everyone thinks he's a novice that's just too way in over his head about the job, and will be a general election disaster.

teiresias

So, on the Today show, Bernie was asked if Hillary is qualified. He said "Of course."

SO what in the sam hell have the last 24 hours been about with your bullshit campaign, brah!? Come on now.

What a flip flopper! How can anyone trust him to actually try and pass anything he's been campaigning on all season if he panders to the press in this way?

I've never seen a single Clinton supporter say that. At least not here and r/hillary. Almost everyone thinks he's a novice that's just too way in over his head about the job, and will be a general election disaster.

I'm pretty sure that quoted sentiment is shared by as close to literally no one as is possible in a population of 330 million.

Clinton supporters, by contrast, think Sanders is a Trojan horse fake Democrat sent by the Koch brothers to destroy the Democratic Party.

This is a new one. I haven't heard anyone mention this conspiracy theory but I might be in the wrong twitter circles. The most extreme I've seen that's close to this is people saying he's a fake democrat that doesn't care about the outcome of this election if he loses the nomination.

Boney

Banned
When are you going to respond to my question asking what you meant by Hillary lied about Benghazi?
Only saw the video about the mom of a soldier who died there calling out Hillary saying she lied about the reasons of the insurgency and suppusdely the emails make it clear she already knew what was up before talking to her. Of course I could very well be misremembering things because American foreign policies aren't at the top of my interests.

Ophelion

This is a new one. I haven't heard anyone mention this conspiracy theory but I might be in the wrong twitter circles. The most extreme I've seen that's close to this is people saying he's a fake democrat that doesn't care about the outcome of this election if he loses the nomination.

It seems about as likely to me that Donald Trump is a Bill Clinton designed Trojan horse.

Which is to say, it is not likely at all. As much as the idea of a narrative where Bill Clinton is so good at politics he can win the nomination of the other party with a cartoonish sock puppet candidate he's secretly working the mouth of appeals to me, probably not something that's happening in the real world.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

This. But hey both sides are the same....

Killary breaks the law AGAIN.

According to the Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s (MTA) Rules of Conduct, the subway system is for transporting riders to their destinations, and nothing else. But the rules list several exceptions, including “campaigning”. So far, so good, Hillary Clinton.

However, Section 1050.6(c)1 of the subway rules states unequivocally that none of these activities may be performed on the actual subway cars.

This is the rule Clinton broke. Clinton’s defenders might think the short subway trip wasn’t actually campaigning, but I’d urge them to watch a video of her two-stop ride – from Yankee Stadium to 170th Street – that clearly shows Clinton glad-handing on the train itself.

She’s aided in doing so by Rubén Díaz Jr, the president of the borough of the Bronx, who introduces her to strap-hangers as “the next president of the United States, Hillary Clinton”. If that wasn’t enough, Clinton then takes some questions from the press aboard the 4 Train car.

The incident is all the more galling because there are actual, regular New Yorkers trying to make ends meet who are arrested for violating the same rules that Clinton disregards with impunity.
http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-broke-campaigning-rules-new-york-city-subway

Bowdz

I get their point, but I have to disagree with the notion that she was actually campaigning. She didn't ask for anyone's vote, didn't give any campaign speech, and didn't do anything political beyond saying hi to people. Is she not allowed to enter the subway because she's running for office? People assume that because Hillary is so well known that "well we all know she's campaigning" despite her not actually doing any campaigning.

Only saw the video about the mom of a soldier who died there calling out Hillary saying she lied about the reasons of the insurgency and suppusdely the emails make it clear she already knew what was up before talking to her. Of course I could very well be misremembering things because American foreign policies aren't at the top of my interests.

Are you not American? If not, what country?

Ophelion

Y2Kev also mentioned Super Mario World, FFVII and Zelda OoT alongside Bernie Sanders earlier. They are also too young to have played those.

At least when they're new. I still remember going into a KB Toys when I was significantly less old and seeing a demo for the original Metal Gear Solid playing.

I remember distinctly thinking it looked like I was peering through a little window into the real world. Which seems patently absurd now because it looks like a janky pile of polygons in comparison to what we have now. If I brought my past self forward and booted up Bloodborne, he'd be changed forever. That would've been like seeing the face of God for my childhood self.

I get their point, but I have to disagree with the notion that she was actually campaigning. She didn't ask for anyone's vote, didn't give any campaign speech, and didn't do anything political beyond saying hi to people. Is she not allowed to enter the subway because she's running for office? People assume that because Hillary is so well known that "well we all know she's campaigning" despite her not actually doing any campaigning.

And if all their evidence of campaigning is her shaking people's hands, well...how do we know these citizens of New York didn't approach her? I'd be first in line to shake her hand if I had an opportunity.

CCS

Banned
that's an interesting "non-affiliated" crosstab

(also, definitely just cited two papers in a "getting real tired of this anti-FTA shit getting posted without any empirical backing" post over in the primary thread)

On that cross-tab, it would be interesting to know how many are actually registered as no affiliation v those who think they're eligible to vote but aren't.

On that cross-tab, it would be interesting to know how many are actually registered as no affiliation v those who think they're eligible to vote but aren't.

You're referring to the AIP I assume? It only accounts for a few percent of registered voters so it's statistically irrelevant.

Wow. Bernie Sanders really DOESN'T have any idea what he's talking about. Show me one bank which received bailout money which has offshore entities used to evade taxes on international profits.

12961622_10154713509517908_2191252340401809569_n.jpg

Bowdz

Can someone explain to me the NPA role in the dem primary in California? Is it an open primary? Can people with no affiliation vote in the dem primary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom