• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
For future reference, I'm not watching any video links as responses to anything I post.
You poors and peasantry may have time for that, but I have better things to do like banning people. And taking swims in Kev's moneybank.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I actually really don't like video as a medium for explaining complex material.

I really like documentary style stuff like, well...documentaries, or programs like NOVA

But I really really could not be more apathetic towards TED Talks, videos of ten minute speeches, dudes talking for half an hour about atheism, whatever. I just really really prefer to read that sort of material

Iolo

Reich replies to Krugman.

Ordinarily I wouldn’t pick on a particular columnist but I respect Paul Krugman. Also, his perch at the New York Times gives him broad influence – especially just two and a half weeks before the important New York State primary. But his piece today (which I’ve attached) is shot through with errors.

pot, kettle!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I get this weird image in my head of Jessica Walker blinking before clicking the proverbial ban button.

hawk2025

i started quantum break and fell asleep :(

Let me guess, you stopped when the Bernie Sis on campus starts rambling to you about the evil corporation?

The game gets much better on act 2, by the way. Ignore the shitty collectibles, the game is easy even on Hard and even without finding very many upgrade points.

It's best played as a hyperlinear game ignoring the bloat, IMO.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Let me guess, you stopped when the Bernie Sis on campus starts rambling to you about the evil corporation?

The game gets much better on act 2, by the way. Ignore the shitty collectibles, the game is easy even on Hard and even without finding very many upgrade points.

It's best played as a hyperlinear game ignoring the bloat, IMO.

Actually I was joking with my roommate that there were bernie protestors on campus, lol.

HylianTom

Banned
Kirstie, nooooooo!

Kirstie: blink three times, rapid-fire, if you're being blackmailed. We can help!

Dammit.

She's one of my favorite SNL hosts of all time. Dammit.

Ugh why did Reich do fisking of Krugman's article. It's so amateurish for columnists to engage each other like that. Just write a different article instead of a point by point defend piece.

Why? Fisking is by far a more efficient way to have a discussion, and it cuts down somewhat on the potential for misreading and misrepresentation because the original words are in direct proximity to the response, giving readers far more power to determine the good and the bad of individual arguments. I agree one should write a new column, if it is merited, but there are plenty of scenarios in which fisking works just fine. Granted, Reich's fisking is not really substantive, but there's nothing inherently wrong with it.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I agree! No need to comment on her looks when it is her opinions that are truly Ubisoft-tier. Please don't do that.

The godfather is so good.

Also why is movie violence so bad nowadays. The restaurant murders and Sonnie's death are like 100 times more impactful than Zack synders trash.

Piecake

Also why is movie violence so bad nowadays. The restaurant murders and Sonnie's death are like 100 times more impactful than Zack synders trash.

no set up, no stakes, and a bunch of flashy shaky cam shit so you have no idea what the fuck is going on.

Because you're comparing The Godfather to Zack Snyder's trash. David Cronnenberg's movies on crime have pretty impactful deliverance of violence (A history of Violence, Eastern Promises). Anyway you should watch The Godfather Saga. It's a chronological telling of Corleone story from the first two movies. Great movies. Don Fanucci sucks.

Crayons

Banned
If I was someone who criticized people based on their looks, then maybe Kirstey Alley would have been endorsing me on Twitter

So um

I check the Reuters Ipsos poll every few days just to see if there's a trend.

April 5, Bernie was leading among Democratic Primary voters for the first time in it 52-47.

The next day he was leading them again, 50-49

Today, it's back to being 60-39 Hillary.

The fuck?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So um

April 5, Bernie was leading among Democratic Primary voters for the first time in it 52-47.

The fuck?

Outlier? It's bound to happen occasionally with a poll of that frequency.

EDIT: Or it could just be because he did well that day and it carried over a bit.

Holmes

So um

The fuck?
Unqualified gaffe

Reuters sucks

So um

The fuck?

Thread worthy tbh

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Thread worthy tbh

Not until it's been a few days and it's holding.
Typically something like that is an outlier, but there was a certain even that could have shifted things. Time will tell.

?? I wasn't talking about her looks. Y'all projecting

I just think she's a trash person

how the hell am i being called out for not liking kirstie alley? shes fucking nuts

You said "recent photo". This implies, to me, that you were making a comment on her looks. If you'd just said, "She's a trash person" or "She's a mess," I would have been in agreement.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Not until it's been a few days and it's holding.
Typically something like that is an outlier, but there was a certain even that could have shifted things. Time will tell.

Even then, the only numbers that matter from this point on are state-by-state numbers; specifically New York and California.

Suikoguy

Even then, the only numbers that matter from this point on are state-by-state numbers; specifically New York and California.

That's true, but a sudden shift like that could indicate a shift in states yet to vote. It means something (If the number holds over a couple of days). The question is how much. I would say look at Wyoming tomorrow, but it's a fucking cock use. Can't tell shit from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom