• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
cBrvPuJ.png

Tyler was SOOOO close.

Bwhahahaha

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
If this is closed how is she seriously not going to destroy Bernie in ny? It should be annihilation.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If this is closed how is she seriously not going to destroy Bernie in ny? It should be annihilation.

As of right now I'm expecting a 20-point win, as per polling. But part of me thinks they events of the last week will hurt him and maybe widen that gap.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I miss 30 Rock, at least we have Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

Slayven

Think so. If I remember the last thing I read right, they're not spending much outside of NY at this point.

OH! Race for the White House is covering Clinton vs Bush tomorrow. This is gonna be good.

They need to put that shit on netflix, I slept on it thinking it would be nothing, but I hearing a lot of good things.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They need to put that shit on netflix, I slept on it thinking it would be nothing, but I hearing a lot of good things.

It's good shit. CNN's original programming has been aces, it's exactly the sort of shit they should have been doing all along. Now if only their news services would catch up.

I imagine they'll put it up, Bourdain's thing is up so I see no reason they won't do the same with Race.

johnsmith

remember me
Tom Perez was on Bill Maher last night and Cerium didn't let us know despite being unbanned. He really dropped the ball there.

Holmes

Race for the White House has been pretty good so far but they just seem to concentrate on the Democrats vs. Republicans so it leaves out some important details. I think with Clinton vs. Bush there's no way they can ignore Perot.

NeoXChaos

Benchmark Politics
‏@benchmarkpol
Closed caucus likely contributed to Clinton's massive over-performance compared to other caucuses. Note: NY is the ultimate "closed primary"

Not really. Seems mixed

closed

CO 40-58
KS 32-68
NE 42-57
ME 35-65
AL 18-81
WY 44-56

open or semi
MN 38-62
ID 21-78
UT 20-80
HI 30-70

remaining
ND

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
20 pts in New York would be the end*

*it wouldn't really be the end

Why is this so far away

Fucking Debbie

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Polls reflecting momentum? Bernie, they all say you're 20 points down.

The look on his face, I think, says he knows how this is going to go.

EDIT: Bernie, young voter turnout is down compared to 2008.

Two ghastly white states this week, with demographics that have given Sanders gigantic wins elsewhere. Yet it looks like he's going to be 2 delegates short of the target he needed to keep pace. Wyoming is too small a place for any evidence to be particularly scientific, but this has put a cap on the whole "momentum" idea. Of course the media can't really talk about it this way because the outward appearance is indeed an overwhelmingly impressive Sanders winning streak. It will be practically impossible to convince anyone that his delegate momentum has peaked despite all the wins, but numbers are numbers. I cannot imagine how many times he'll use the word "momentum" in Thursday's debate, though.

This isn't like a sports team where, if their wins started to get less impressive, it would mean much, but this is a race against hard numbers and a concrete finish line. Trying to explain to the viewing public that, despite this lovely streak of wins, Sanders actually fell a tiny bit farther behind pace today? Not going to happen.

Aha! And at his live statement now. MOMENTUM! HE HAS IT! FOR REALZIES!
Polls reflecting momentum? Bernie, they all say you're 20 points down.

The look on his face, I think, says he knows how this is going to go.

EDIT: Bernie, young voter turnout is down compared to 2008.
Bernie, on some days, is barely better than Trump with his poll boasting.

Race for the White House has been pretty good so far but they just seem to concentrate on the Democrats vs. Republicans so it leaves out some important details. I think with Clinton vs. Bush there's no way they can ignore Perot.
I noticed that they simply focus on few important instances in the race rather than do a play by play on how they competed. In the Andrew Jackson episode they skipped so much. I guess there's only so much you can squeeze into 60 minute show with 15-20 mins of ads.

Oh well. There's always American Experience: The Presidents on PBS.

Holmes

Not really. Seems mixed

closed

CO 40-58
KS 32-68
NE 42-57
ME 35-65
AL 18-81
WY 44-56

open or semi
MN 38-62
ID 21-78
UT 20-80
HI 30-70

remaining
ND
KS, NE, ME, AK, MN, ID, UT, HI, IA and NV all allowed for voter registration at the door, so they were de facto "open".

The only analogous caucus to the one in Wyoming was Colorado. Completely closed and only people who were registered beforehand were allowed to participate.

My mom just said "Another notch under his belt"

Me: "Mom I'm pretty sure it's a delegate tie"

"He won, it's momentum"

KAJCag.gif

Please fucking end this in New York, I can't fucking stand this anymore someone help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom