• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my grandparents (or at least the ones that would vote D) are Bernie people, though I've only gathered this secondhand. They're white and live in Oregon and my grandmother has been fighting for public health care there for like 30 years so it isn't too surprising, I haven't actually talked with them about it though.

Whatever the final result, it'll be another state won by Bernie (17 vs 20), and the 14 delegates up-for-grabs represents just 0.8% of the remaining 1661 delegates...

Daniel B·;200570702 said:
Whatever the final result, it'll be another state won by Bernie (17 vs 20), and the 14 delegates up-for-grabs represents just 0.008% of the remaining 1661 delegates...

Whatever the final result, delegates are the only thing that matter.

As much as I would have liked to see Sanders win another 70 to 30 in a caucus, the way his reddit is reacting to winning by only about 10% is freaking stupid. At least they are consistent though, at least they cared about Wyoming from the start.

Anyway, ballots were mailed out via PACs and such, some of them didn't even have Sanders on it, apparently its legal if the state's SoS allows it.

Source: Twitter (lol)

Holmes

Whatever the final result, it'll be another state won by Bernie (17 vs 20), and the 14 delegates up-for-grabs represents just 0.008% of the remaining 1661 delegates...
Sure but if Sanders can only muster up a 7-7 tie in a state that similar states have given him 80% victories then it's over. And there's only one more mainland caucus left - on June 7 in North Dakota.

As much as I would have liked to see Sanders win another 70 to 30 in a caucus, the way his reddit is reacting to winning by only about 10% is freaking stupid. At least they are consistent though, at least they cared about Wyoming from the start.

Anyway, ballots were mailed out via PACs and such, some of them didn't even have Sanders on it, apparently its legal if the state's SoS allows it.

Democracy in action.

yIp220s.png

NeoXChaos

A guy from PR here thinks it could be a Bernie win? Demographics and voting trends say otherwise. Yeah it an open caucus but so were the other territories and Hillary won them

Whatever the final result, it'll be another state won by Bernie (17 vs 20), and the 14 delegates up-for-grabs represents just 0.8% of the remaining 1661 delegates...

All that matters is delegates, and if Bernie hits projects he needs to catch-up

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
I don't think supers are essentially a bad thing. But they show a dissonance with the current state of the democratic voters (members) and the elites. Bernie and his support is not based in a personality cult, but in ideas that a big part of the base agrees.

You would presume such division would be present too with the elites.

Huh? Hillary has more votes and regular delegates than Bernie.

dramatis

If there is anything that is a demonstration of "caring about Wyoming from the start", it would be those surrogate ballots.

User 406

Banned
Idk if there's anything else that can be the thread title after she wins the nomination.

Someone will jump the gun with a PoliGAF OT | THE WIRE - GET IT COZ BERNIE'S LIKE THAT ONE GUY AND COME AT THE QUEEN YOU BEST NOT MISS AMIRITE ITS FUNNY BECAUSE ITS TRUE

This is the main reason of this result, I believe.
BOOMERS

Unless the going negative really affected which, even if it was true, I dont think is the main reason atm when we have a more empirically provable reason for why Sanders underperformed.

Huh? Hillary has more votes and regular delegates than Bernie.

Does she has 2000% more?

But delegates are chosen at the caucus sites. They're not chosen at their nursing homes.

lol

But surrogate votes are factored in.

Holmes

But surrogate votes are factored in.
So? If 95 Sanders supporters and 5 Clinton supporters show up to caucus, and Clinton wins the surrogate ballots 90-0, it'd be a 1-1 tie for that county and any of the 5 Clinton supporters at the caucus can choose to become a delegate.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
What would the delegate count be if super delegates didn't exist, and were instead apportioned proportionally through all contests?

Some one who excels at spread sheeting should calculate this.

What would the delegate count be if super delegates didn't exist, and were instead apportioned proportionally through all contests?

Some one who excels at spread sheeting should calculate this.

I did some math like a week ago on this but did winner take all supers for states won.

Hillary still crushes

Holmes

So at best he gets +2 out of Wyoming most likely
It'll be 7-7 or 8-6. Underwhelming for Sanders. I think the fact that Wyoming has so little delegates, and thus a high threshold to win a large amount, really helped Clinton. The counties with 2 delegates for example require a candidate to basically be non-viable to get no delegates. Those with 3 require a 66-33 split for the winner to net 1 delegate (2-1) and so on.

So yeah. Caucuses.

So? If 95 Sanders supporters and 5 Clinton supporters show up to caucus, and Clinton wins the surrogate ballots 90-0, it'd be a 1-1 tie for that county and any of the 5 Clinton supporters at the caucus can choose to become a delegate.

Please have mercy of me Holmes. I am livid.

How come Hillary's pledged delegate lead crept back over 200 (216; 1303 vs 1087), since Bernie's win in Wisconsin, where he gained ten extra delegates (48 vs 38)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom