• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armaros

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

Iolo

NYT said:
With just 14 delegates up for grab in Wyoming, the victory trims only a little from Hillary Clinton’s 219-delegate lead.

0blXpCs.png

The Facebook comments from Sanderstans on these articles are fucking delusional! All the NYT and NPR articles about these elections are totally littered with awful pro-sanders/Hillary is corrupt/superdelegates are antidemocratic shit posts. Can't wait til next week

So how did Hillary nut more delegates in Iowa with a razor thin margin of victory but tied for delegates despite losing by double digits in WY?

So how did Hillary nut more delegates in Iowa with a razor thin margin of victory but tied for delegates despite losing by double digits in WY?

Wyoming has less delegates, but the real reason is rounding, every category in Wyoming had an even number of delegates while some of them in Iowa had an odd number of delegates (in which a tiny margin still gave Hillary a delegate edge because you can't have half a pledged delegate).

Here's Iowa, note that CD3 and at-large delegates had an odd number of delegates available and that she barely won both of them.

Because it was worth more. I mean, she only netted 2 more delegates in Iowa anyway. But, ya, because there are more to award the thresholds are lower.

The fact that some Bernie people are happy to just shit on the will of the voters and change results at the county level is gross.

There I said it.

Like my Berniebro said, there's no way in hell he could have still been supporting Bernie after this week. I got him trained good. After this interview, I'm going to drink until I can't see the delegate math anymore.

FUCK!
QUEEN!
WERK!
YAASSSS!

I think you might mis-characterize my opinion. I don't think the majority of ANY industry is corrupt. I think there are major actors that let slide immoral and unethical activity with the express purpose of keeping internal information private, often for their own gain. Most people that work at any given company are often unaware.

While I generally agree with a lot of these points, many are completely irrelevant. How would you respond to Michael Lewis' "Flash Boys," and the wide swathes of deeply shady activity and anti-consumer/investor practices? Or perhaps "Liar's Poker," and its pages replete with immoral and unethical behavior? Or perhaps is he just a no-nothing journalist. It's possible, I've been duped before.

I've read both.

In the case of Flash Boys, he focuses on the practice of frontrunning which is indeed immoral. However, that's been conflated with HFT, which is like conflating Medicare malpractice with doctors in general. The mere practice of getting more speed in trading is beneficial. The practice of using that speed to fuck with the marketplace is a very specific activity. It's also not the strong suit of the bigbanks,but rather the mid-sized hedge funds that are engaging in that activity, mainly. The big banks just aren't that good at it.

Liar's Poker is about selling junk bonds to unwary investors, and I think it's far more on-point.

Fun trivia: the code that was taken from Goldman Sachs and is talked about in Liar's Poker is from systems I worked on. I completely agree with his depiction of it as largely valueless-- it was past its prime even a few years before that.

Maledict

The fact that some Bernie people are happy to just shit on the will of the voters and change results at the county level is gross.

There I said it.

Like my Berniebro said, there's no way in hell he could have still been supporting Bernie after this week. I got him trained good. After this interview, I'm going to drink until I can't see the delegate math anymore.

FUCK!
QUEEN!
WERK!
YAASSSS!

I absolutely agree - the fact they are happy about Nevada, and want to do the same in other states is disgusting. Am absolutely convinced a significant part of Ron Paul's voting base has flipped over to Sanders at this point, because this is exactly the same type of shit they used to do. When your the only people who know what's best for everyone, you can ignore their stupid opinions!

Great results for Hillary today. I have no idea how Mook pulled it off in Wyoming but its impressive.

As a New Yorker, I am looking forward to getting to this primary. It has interesting to have a campaign matter in NY for the first time in my adult life.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Since when is being for protectionism a left/progressive issue?

Intercept gonna Intercept.

It's like they gathered the dumbest writers from the left all in one place and didn't hire an editor who knows what they're doing.

Great results for Hillary today. I have no idea how Mook pulled it off in Wyoming but its impressive.

As a New Yorker, I am looking forward to getting to this primary. It has interesting to have a campaign matter in NY for the first time in my adult life.

For real, it's weird and no one seems to know how to feel about it.

Kangi

Benchmark Politics throwing shade at Tyler.

I'd cheer on others to do the same, but I also writhe in pain every time I read or type his name. So please... let him die with brainchild's ban this time.

Piecake

since the intercept decided that "left-wing" means "anything that clinton isn't for"

I wonder what they will think when protectionism and fair wage trading agreements hurt the economies of developing nations while increasing global poverty.

Who am I kidding. Of course they will blame it on a conspiracy between evil corporations.

Holmes

New York matters more in 2016 than it did in 2008? On Super Tuesday in 2008, the primary between Obama and Clinton was much more competitive and close compared to late April in the 2016 Democratic primary.

Brinbe

Can't wait for Sanders supporters to un-ironically claim most states won as the true metric going forward. How can those super-delegates not see this!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom