• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that he didn't hit his target doesn't contradict that you could still say he was chipping away at the delegate lead if he had net any. But the fact that he didn't means the math literally doesn't change at all.

Can't wait for this map to be updated with Wyoming as a clear win!

3Nq90Ny.jpg
Where's the Bernie's Path To Victory map? I want to see how far we've fallen off the wagon since last time.

Holmes

I'm not sure how to compare Obama 08 in Utah vs. Sanders 16 in Utah because it was a primary in 2008 and a caucus this year.

Hindl

So I have a question about registration. I'm originally from NJ, but I live in Boston now (just got out of college). I have a NJ license and I'm registered there. I was thinking about switching my permanent address here, but I was moving every year so I haven't gotten around to it due to a lack of a permanent address. I just extended my lease, so I'll be at my current address till late 2017 and I'm thinking about finally getting a MA license. If I kept my current NJ registration, would I be able to vote in the NJ primary and then get my MA license in the summer and switch to register in MA for the general?

So I have a question about registration. I'm originally from NJ, but I live in Boston now (just got out of college). I have a NJ license and I'm registered there. I was thinking about switching my permanent address here, but I was moving every year so I haven't gotten around to it due to a lack of a permanent address. I just extended my lease, so I'll be at my current address till late 2017 and I'm thinking about finally getting a MA license. If I kept my current NJ registration, would I be able to vote in the NJ primary and then get my MA license in the summer and switch to register in MA for the general?

Yeah. This is why I'm still registered in Florida. I'm gonna wait till after the general though

ampere

The fact that he didn't hit his target doesn't contradict that you could still say he was chipping away at the delegate lead if he had net any. But the fact that he didn't means the math literally doesn't change at all.

Well, it gets worse because there are fewer total delegates for him to use to overcome the deficit

Kangi

So, why was Wyoming tigher? Looking at the state, you'd expect Idaho or Utah like numbers...

1. Closed caucus. Deadline for registering as a Democrat and being able to caucus for them was on the 26th, I believe.
2. Surrogate ballots, akin to absentee ballots. Hillary's campaign targeted these hard by getting older voters who wouldn't caucus otherwise to vote.
3. Doubtful Sanders spent much on Wyoming.

Probably some other reasons, too.

1. Closed caucus. Deadline for registering as a Democrat and being able to caucus for them was on the 26th, I believe.
2. Surrogate ballots, akin to absentee ballots. Hillary's campaign targeted these hard by getting older voters who wouldn't caucus otherwise to vote.
3. Doubtful Sanders spent much on Wyoming.

Probably some other reasons, too.
About #3. He ran 250 ads in one media market.

So

Holmes

I really didn't realize how much the South swung to Clinton relative to 2008 until I compared 2008 to 2016. Two southern states swung away from Clinton, one being Oklahoma and the other being a little surprising.

Think of it like an exam.

If you have 1,000 questions, and you get 880 right, you're at 88%.
Now, if you have 882, or 883, you're still at 88%.
To get to.. say, 90%, you'll need 900 questions, or 20 more questions right, for a grade difference of 2%.

But, if you have 20 questions, and you get 18, you're at 90%.
If you get 14 questions right, you're at 70%. Although the difference is only 4 questions, the grade difference is 20%.
This is legit good.

Since when is being for protectionism a left/progressive issue?

Depends on the rationale. There are some leftists who think that free trade is a kind of neocolonialism that exploits the world's poor while offering only superficial improvement of circumstances (and other, more pernicious problems as one zooms out from the individual level), others who think that free trade in the absence of a robust social safety net is a means to gut the home nation's poor and working class, still others who think that it's simply a way for capitalism to prolong its death by placating people with cheap shit that will blind them to the higher realities of worker exploitation and class conflict.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Looking back, I can't believe how badly Clinton lost some of these states in 2008.
It's kind of amazing it was even close. Hillary kept it fake competitive despite getting mauled in the south like she did to wacky Bernie this time.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a super-est Tuesday coming up?

EDIT: SuperEST

Double edit: what the fuck at 30 minutes later double post. :/

ivysaur12

Banned
The Wyoming results underscore how dumb the idea of caucuses are. Hillary went from non-viable to winning Laramie.

People shouldn't have to caucus to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom