• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benchmark Politics ‏@benchmarkpol 16m16 minutes ago
Sanders had no surrogates in svrl contests - his campaign didn't use surrogacy at all! Mistake. He does have support in the military.

There's a big part of it.

johnsmith

remember me
So when Julian gets picked do we call him Prince?

tumblr_musgohewsN1rraalgo1_500.gif

tumblr_musgohewsN1rraalgo2_500.gif

ivysaur12

Banned
Caucuses are ridiculous, but I also don't like proportional contests by CD either. Or any weird proportional rules that would allow Bernie not to win more delegates despite winning.

We all make fun of HA Goodman but you know how many hits his articles probably generate? It's no surprise more are copying his style.

http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...venth-state-unstoppable-new-york-primary-next

Although this amateur made one mistake Goodman would not, using super delegates in the total count. Terrible move.

Berkeley2013

Ms Frances misrepresents: Clinton has 1308 pledged delegates, not 1700+

Sanders has won eight of the last nine states.

More biased Guardianology

Armaros

Wait...Hillary didn't lose WY by 60 and ended up splitting the delegates? I don't understand this, but...

UOs5HTC.gif

From all sources, it looks like Sanders' campaign dropped the ball on absentee ballots (or the caucus equivalent) and they got Hillary the win in the biggest county.

From all sources, it looks like Sanders' campaign dropped the ball on absentee ballots (or the caucus equivalent) and they got Hillary the win in the biggest county.

Would still rather trade Nevada for Wyoming. Fuck that email causing that Clark loss.

On the other hand momentum going into NY. There's that I guess.

How can Hillary's camp send out ballots though? Wouldn't it have to be something official from the state?

Armaros

How can Hillary's camp send out ballots though? Wouldn't it have to be something official from the state?

Most important part is reminding people to actually go get an absentee ballot and turn it in.

You would be surprised at the number of people that don't know you can do it.

This stuff isn't done on voting days but earlier.

hawk2025

HILLARY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE MCDONALDS

I don't know why I bursted out laughing at this, but I sure did!

I couldn't have asked for a better outcome for the salt mines today. It has everything: A vote outcome that is not reflected in delegates, absentee/surrogates that have people crying foul, others implying that old people shouldn't get a vote, and to top it all off we also got Hill Mc Donalds.

So good.

Caucuses are ridiculous, but I also don't like proportional contests by CD either. Or any weird proportional rules that would allow Bernie not to win more delegates despite winning.

Because I'm bored, changes in delegate allocation by state if all of them were in one pool instead of divided by CD and all that (Clinton/Sanders):

Iowa: 23/21->22/22
Nevada: 20/15->18/17 (call the delegate shenanigans here simply returning it to what it should've been? lol)
Alabama: 44/9->43/10*
Colorado: 28/38->27/39
Minnesota: 31/46->29/48
Tennessee: 44/23->45/22
Virginia: 62/33->61/34
Vermont: 0/16->2/14**
Kansas: 10/23->11/22
Louisiana: 37/14->38/13
Nebraska: 10/15->11/14
Michigan: 63/67->64/66
Mississippi: 32/4->30/6*
Illinois: 78/78->79/77
North Carolina: 60/47->61/46
Arizona: 42/33->43/32
Utah: 6/27->7/26
Hawaii: 8/17->7/18
Wisconsin: 38/48->37/49
Wyoming: 7/7->6/8

*due to being shutout in one or more CDs
**if we remove the viability threshold altogether, idk about that though

Total: Sanders would gain 2 delegates from Hillary if we remove all viability thresholds under this scenario, so mostly a wash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom