• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bus is being driven by purity weirdos though who want to pretend a progressive mayor with a black family who's done a lot for black people in his city is a racist.

It was a dumb joke, but it's also a joke he could tell at a family reunion and get away with because, you know, most of his immediate family is black. This isn't a "well he married a black woman so he can't be racist" point either. He has a certain comfort level due to his family and forgot the general black public isn't necessarily that comfortable with him.

Holmes

The bus is being driven by purity weirdos though who want to pretend a progressive mayor with a black family who's done a lot for black people in his city is a racist.
I've noticed a lot of progressives this primary cycle use every little thing to paint the candidates they dislike as racist, as if that makes them feel superior. This applies to both candidates.

royalan

Because of the violence on woman act. He mentioned it was a very tough choice for him but he spoke to the senate about the dangers of it and that incarcerating people was not the solution. I learned it from the Simpsons that you can add bills on top of others and you're stuck with that.

He really knocked it out of the park http://youtu.be/LTn3jUoMdVI

It was a bad decision in hindsight but he made it weighing the choices at least

And I'm sure that all the black people given extremely long prison sentences for petty crimes and their families give many a fucks about the soaring rant he gave before voting for that legislation.

Also, of it was OK for Bernie to vote for bad legislation because it had some good parts, why is it not OK for Hillary to do the same? And if he was capable of doing this in 1994, why didn't he see it as ok to vote for the auto bailout and save an entire industry (and countless american jobs) because it also included money for Wall Street?

Just example #748274948 of Bernie Sanders failing his own ideological purity test.

I'm sure they discussed it beforehand.

DeBlasio is taking one for the Queen.

The Today show is running a story about how women are crowdfunding their maternity leave.

That's fucking ridiculous. Come on.

Yeah. Maternity Leave is a joke. All I really had was the guarantee that I still had a job after three months. No pay. And now FMLA eats away at your sick time, instead of being in addition to your sick time.

Also, we need Paternity Leave as well. Fathers want to take care of their babies too!

Ryan's family health history is a legit concern for a presidential candidate. His dad, grandfather and great-grandfather all died of heart disease in their 50s. Those are some devastatingly shitty heart genes and even if I wanted him to be President I am not sure I would want him to run.

As funny as those "Work Out Bro" pics of his are, there is a reason he's working on those gains. He's trying to outlast his genetic legacy.

It's weird to see someone who's been in government for over 2 decades and is the governor of a large state act all starstruck at campaigning for political office. "Me? Can you believe it!?" The answer is yes.

Kasich is all "gee golly whillikers", and Boehner cried at the drop of a hat. As an Ohioan, I deeply apologize.

And finally...no DeBlasio isn't a racist. But he should have known better. That's all. I'm speaking as a black woman in an interracial marriage here. My husband would've known not to say that shit.

kingkitty

I'm really disappointed in Paul Ryan for killing the dream. Imagine Paul with his pecs in the White House. Imagine Aaron Rodgers as secretary of state.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I've noticed a lot of progressives this primary cycle use every little thing to paint the candidates they dislike as racist, as if that makes them feel superior. This applies to both candidates.

Yep. Easier to demonize than understand, and it just makes it easier on ourselves to make everything black and white. Heck, this thread does it often, especially when it lets them rag on the candidate they don't like.

Tesseract

Banned
It was a dumb joke, but it's also a joke he could tell at a family reunion and get away with because, you know, most of his immediate family is black. This isn't a "well he married a black woman so he can't be racist" point either. He has a certain comfort level due to his family and forgot the general black public isn't necessarily that comfortable with him.

i know that feel

ivysaur12

Banned
Here then the moment has arrived to reckon, instead, with truths about Sanders and his programs:

Subjected to meaningful scrutiny for the first time, the senator from Vermont proved utterly unprepared for the Oval Office while confirming that the central thrusts of his campaign are politically impossible.

Which, paradoxically, is good news, because some of the most prominent Sanderisms would likely wreak epic economic damage.

Oh.

royalan

There's a difference between thinking someone is racist, and thinking someone is racially insensitive. At least in my book.

Bernie Sanders, racially insensitive. I'm sorry, but there's only so much dismissal of the southern vote I can take before I start to raise an eyebrow. But I wouldn't label him racist.

Donald Trump, racist. Full stop.

new-york-daily-news-front-page.jpg

I know this thread is 99% US Politics, BUT this is worth pointing out:

https://www.ipredict.co.nz/app.php?do=contract_detail&contract=BRAZIL.PRES.1JAN17

The price of Brazil's current president still being in office by Jan 1 2017 is currently at roughly 10 CENTS.

It's very likely happening. By most indications, they will have lost well beyond the 2/3rds of the votes needed by the time the impeachment votes are made.

:O

I'm glad that every "foreign policy" question comes to down Israel, Iraq, Syria, and Iran when all of this shit is happening in Venezuela and Brazil.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
If I created a fake Twitter and complained about voter fraud in Massachusetts do you think I could get Joe Scarborough to feature me in his show? What about getting huelen to complain that he system is rigged?

ivysaur12

Banned
Indiana isn't polled very often because they have laws against robopolling, same with ND.

The fact that those were both pickups for the Democrats in 2012 is a reason a lot of people were handicapping their chances.

DID SOMEONE SAY THE QUEEN OF THE NORTH MY GOOGLE ALERT WENT OFF

ivysaur12

Banned
I sent my mom that Emerson poll that had Trump at 50% in Connecticut.

"That can't be right. None of our Republican friends are voting for Trump, and neither are we."

A modern Pauline Kael.

What an endorsement.

I could spend a weekend with the roster from Randy Blue, ChaosMen and Blacked and not end as satisfied.

royalan.

NeoXChaos

I sent my mom that Emerson poll that had Trump at 50% in Connecticut.

"That can't be right. None of our Republican friends are voting for Trump, and neither are we."

A modern Pauline Kael.

royalan.

If only your mom knew that a vote for John Kasich is in essence a vote for Donald Trump. Give her my thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom