• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

shem935

Banned
Conspiracy theory time:

The republicans don't want Cruz (the eventual nominee) to be president, and they shut down the government to purposely cost him the election.

Nah. They would bring down a lot of there down ticket races with him as well. If the goal is to limit damage to the party, burning trump, nominating ted cruz, and shutting down the government would probably be second on my list of most damaging scenarios.

Cf4aUSIWsAI6Q6l.jpg:large

That is fucking brutal

HUELEN10

If I created a fake Twitter and complained about voter fraud in Massachusetts do you think I could get Joe Scarborough to feature me in his show? What about getting huelen to complain that he system is rigged?
The system might as well be rigged, that doesn't mean it is or isn't for sure.

If I created a fake Twitter and complained about voter fraud in Massachusetts do you think I could get Joe Scarborough to feature me in his show? What about getting huelen to complain that he system is rigged?

You might even be able to get Mika to threaten to jump over the desk if anyone says "Those are the rules"

Ryan looks like a side character from a 90s "Teen boy travels cross country to get laid" movie 20 years later after their acting career fell apart and got a job at their dads law firm

TyrantII

Conspiracy theory time:

The republicans don't want Cruz (the eventual nominee) to be president, and they shut down the government to purposely cost him the election.

It's the Cruz wing threatning it. Of anything it won't happen to give him a better chance, at his own request.

Holmes

Van Hollen leads Edwards 44-38 according to a new Marist poll. :( I don't want a woman being replaced by a boring white guy in the Senate.

It's the Cruz wing threatning it. Of anything it won't happen to give him a better chance, at his own request.

Cruz is in his own world. I don't doubt that he'd encourage a shutdown publicly, thinking that it would show that he is serious about doing whatever it takes to stop governmental cronyism. He is a true believer all the way.

Bowdz

If the GOP shuts the government down again, they'll lose the election. My dad is a die-hard, lifelong Republican, and he said he'll vote for Hillary over Cruz PURELY because he still blames him for the last shutdown. Please proceed GOP.

Holmes

With support from 600 super delegates, it's pretty feasible Hillary could declare that she's reached the nomination threshold before California even votes, no?
Yes but I sincerely doubt she'd do that. She'll roll them out after the polls close on the 7th.

With support from 600 super delegates, it's pretty feasible Hillary could declare that she's reached the nomination threshold before California even votes, no?

No, that would be very bad form.

Not as bad as Bernie is exhibiting by pretending he still has a path to the nomination via pledged delegates, though.

gaugebozo

If the GOP shuts the government down again, they'll lose the election. My dad is a die-hard, lifelong Republican, and he said he'll vote for Hillary over Cruz PURELY because he still blames him for the last shutdown. Please proceed GOP.
I'm trying to imagine a worse look for them. Trump or Cruz as nominee, government shutdown, puppy kicking bill? They'd still win the vote of Big Cat.

Ok now that MO is officially set in stone as a 36-35 win for Hillary. Will they change all the meme/ maps in Twitter?

The one that I remember which was posted here several times used a difference of two delegates of fewer as their standard for a "tie." It's, of course, purely a coincidence that this was just below Bernie's smallest delegate margin in a state he won at that time. So, Missouri would still count as a tie on that map. The most hilarious part is they hard the Northern Marina Islands shaded in as a tie under that standard since Hillary only won the delegates 4-2. What I can't wait to see is the justification they come up with to still count Wyoming as a win for Bernie.

NeoXChaos

provided those 130 private supers(current 470) come out publicly to endorse her, she does as well as nate's model and polls are saying she will do, she can clinch before CA.

1311+350+150+ supers of 600 = 2,411 Need 2,383 to clinch nomination.

350=about 55% of the delegates from NY, PA, DE, CT, RI, MD
150 =about half of the delegates at stake from IN to PR

NY+PA+DE+CT+RI+MD = 631
IN+Guam+WV+KY+OR+PR+Virgin Islands = 302

Kangi

My mother has taken to referring to Bernie as "Barry".

Not sure if she's just forgetful or considers him so lowly as to not dignify him by referring to him with his actual name. The latter is a real possibility; seriously, the woman considers him to be Trump-level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom