• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

Will there actually be punishment if they fail to comply?

Not punishment, but from the article:

If, after any such adjustments, the Fed and the F.D.I.C. are still dissatisfied with the living wills, they can impose restrictions on the banks’ activities or make them raise their capital levels, which in practice means using less borrowed money to finance their business. If after two years the regulators think the plans are still deficient, they have the power to require the banks to sell off assets and businesses, with the aim of making them less complex and simpler to unwind in a bankruptcy.

Whats the word for April 26th primaries?
I would say Hillary is favored in all of them, with the possible exception of Rhode Island, although things could definitely change. I'd definitely say she's favored in Maryland and Pennsylvania based on current polling.

Trump in all of them, I would think.

pigeon

Banned
Actually a pretty bad time for Wells Fargo to have a reserve capital problem given that they also have the largest exposure to shale oil loans!

Okay I got here:

Here are Clinton’s current percentages of the total vote in upcoming primary states, according to the most recent polling available in each state:

California: 47
Maryland: 55
New York: 53
Pennsylvania: 49

Maryland and New York are fine in this scenario but Pennsylvania and California? Wow, I thought those were states Clinton was leading in! What happened?

Y5qsoY9.png

Q2TiP9M.png

Well would you look at that. A misrepresentation of facts.

NEXT

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Reading that Washington Post article makes makes me firmly believe Cruz gets the nomination. Unreal.

TyrantII

Thomas Frank, the author of "What's the Matter with Kansas?" just came out with "Listen, Liberal" last month, which is focused on the Democratic Party this time around. Here he is in his hometown of Kansas City during the book tour:

https://youtu.be/dBnGytrrVO0?t=21m24s

(he starts at 21:24)

I think there's a lot of truth in there. But he just pushes aside political realities in his critiques of what could have been done in 2007/8.

Lot to chew on though.

Okay I got here:

Maryland and New York are fine in this scenario but Pennsylvania and California? Wow, I thought those were states Clinton was leading in! What happened?

Y5qsoY9.png

Q2TiP9M.png

Well would you look at that. A misrepresentation of facts.

NEXT

He's also acting as if superdelagates don't exist, or will all vote for Bernie.

Yes, she'll need 65% of the remaining vote-- to overwhelm even all the superdelagates voting against her.

In other words, if she wins 65% of the remaining vote, even superdelegates couldn't save Bernie, if they were inclined.

Generally, what's dismayed me most this season is seeing how much disingenuous bullshit is out there. It really always has been (hello, Salon!) but now I see it pushed much harder by people who aren't usually as political. It's dismaying, because it shows such a lack of critical reading on the part of my friends and acquaintances. Many, many of them don't push such things, and have solid reasons for whomever they support-- but many also for crap like this, or for gaffe-of-the-week.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Those are both great. I'm also fond of declaring states to be ties and anything involving Tyler.

This is one I forgot, lol. I've even used it a few times.

Can we add "We can lobby the Supreme Court!" to this list?

Has it been all that common? Although, i've seen a recent surge of "We will protest outside of Republican offices and get them to pass Single Payer Healthcare!"

I don't get how you can argue that Bernie is less (or more) popular than Clinton based on primary + caucus vote totals, given how insanely depressed turnout is at caucuses.

The best argument I'd come up with is Clinton's pledged delegate lead. It's not perfect by any means, but Democratic allocation rules generally do a good job of converting preferences into delegates. But really it's hard to look at the numbers and come up with scenarios in which even normal primary turnout in the caucus states would erase her popular vote lead.

He's also acting as if superdelagates don't exist, or will all vote for Bernie.

Yes, she'll need 65% of the remaining vote-- to overwhelm even all the superdelagates voting against her.

In other words, if she wins 65% of the remaining vote, even superdelegates couldn't save Bernie, if they were inclined.

Generally, what's dismayed me most this season is seeing how much disingenuous bullshit is out there. It really always has been (hello, Salon!) but now I see it pushed much harder by people who aren't usually as political. It's dismaying, because it shows such a lack of critical reading on the part of my friends and acquaintances. Many, many of them don't push such things, and have solid reasons for whomever they support-- but many also for crap like this, or for gaffe-of-the-week.

In the article, he lays out why Bernie has a stronger case for superdelegate support. It's terrible of course. He glosses over Clinton's pledged delegate lead (essentially the only thing that matters) with all the usual nonsense. Her lead comes from red states, Bernie has the momentum, general election polls, etc.

Seth Abramson is literally more delusional than Dean "Unskewed Polls" Chambers.

i'd like five guys a lot more if it wasn't like $15 for one goddamn burger

Yep, Five Guys is pretty good, but it's stupid expensive for what it is. Also, while I appreciate the extra fries, I don't like them just dumping them in the bag, making the foil wrapped burger a giant grease mess.

In-N-Out is still king, and I miss it dearly

Holmes

Yep, Five Guys is pretty good, but it's stupid expensive for what it is. Also, while I appreciate the extra fries, I don't like them just dumping them in the bag, making the foil wrapped burger a giant grease mess.

In-N-Out is still king, and I miss it dearly
In-N-Out has really small portions though. They just give a tiny ass burger and one scoop of fries. Like thanks.

The only Five Guys in the area pulled up roots, sadly. Really liked them. Only restaraunt of that specific kind we've got now is Smashburger and maybe Flipdaddy's, at a stretch, though that's more of a Red Robin type deal.

Cinci does have Mad Mike's though. That place is gud.

Honestly "What's the Matter with Kansas?" looks really bad in retrospect since one of the only things that the GOP has done recently is destroying women's ability to get abortions.

The writer also seems to have Bernie's (stupid) views of American politics.

In the article, he lays out why Bernie has a stronger case for superdelegate support. It's terrible of course. He glosses over Clinton's pledged delegate lead (essentially the only thing that matters) with all the usual nonsense. Her lead comes from red states, Bernie has the momentum, general election polls, etc.

I wonder what the new cognitive dissonance will be when by their own hilarious 'momentum' metrics, Sanders runs into a brick wall once the off season is over. Seriously is it the 19th yet? Longest 10 days ever.

Like Five Guys went in to my town like 6 years ago and it's always crowded yet the burger is bland as hell and the fries are just burnt grease. Yum.

There's plenty of better burger joints and there's this great Tex-Mex place in town with similar but way better fries. The thing I miss most about living in Idaho were the great Tex Mex restaurants.

Lmao maybe living in Idaho makes you a potato snob

HylianTom

Banned
Has it been all that common? Although, i've seen a recent surge of "We will protest outside of Republican offices and get them to pass Single Payer Healthcare!"

Nah, I don't see it mentioned too often. Mostly as a joke around here.

For those stuck with the image of Ted Cruz furiously crankin'-out some knuckle children in their heads, here's a palate cleanser: Ellen Cleghorne as Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders, expressing concern that many of our high school graduates can only masturbate at a 5th grade level..

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/elders-cold-open/2860993

150423_2860993_Elders_Cold_Open.jpg

In-N-Out has really small portions though. They just give a tiny ass burger and one scoop of fries. Like thanks.

If you're paying, I'll always take a Shake Shack burger over an In-N-Out burger. Burger to burger, the Shack has them comfortably and soundly beaten.

If I'm paying though? Then it's much closer. Because for the money you spend at In-N-Out I don't think there's a burger that matches them for dollars to quality ratio. You get a high quality burger for a low burger price.

The portions aren't small for the price.

Oh, I know, I read it. I literally thought most of that stuff was so dumb as to not respond to-- I just picked up on his 65% argument. I thought it was funny to think that if Hillary got the numbers that Bernie needs to even tie, she'd take superdelegates out of the conversation altogether.

Five Guys sucks. Still better than In-n-Out, though.

If I'm getting a higher-end burger at a fast food joint, it's all about Burgerville in the Pacific Northwest. Or Smashburger if I'm in Phoenix or So Cal.

Burgerville/Smashburger - Dependable and thoughtful joints where the substance of the product is high quality - Hillary Clinton

In-n-Out - Overhyped as some sort of savior of burger joints, but the content is awful - Bernie Sanders

Five Guys - From the East Coast, pretty much sucks - Donald Trump

White Castle - Bland and shitty, but sort of revered because as bland and shitty as it is, its portrayal in modern media makes it seem more lovable than it actually is - John Kasich

McDonald's Angus Burgers - Pretending to be something good and new and wonderful, same shitty garbage as it always was - Ted Cruz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom