• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCS

Banned
Where do you guys get your pizza from? There's a fantastic place near me that does the best pizza, but most of the time I'm lazy so I order dominoes instead :p

I wonder what the new cognitive dissonance will be when by their own hilarious 'momentum' metrics, Sanders runs into a brick wall once the off season is over. Seriously is it the 19th yet? Longest 10 days ever.

Yes, I found it hilarious that one of his arguments was that Clinton is losing steam because she's only won 45% of pledged delegates awarded so far in April. I mean, winning Wisconsin and Wyoming is nice and all, but the delegate picture is going to look very different after New York and the states that vote on the 26th.

Still can't beat calling Arizona a Sanders win based on throwing out early votes though.

Where do you guys get your pizza from? There's a fantastic place near me that does the best pizza, but most of the time I'm lazy so I order dominoes instead :p
bernie.jpg

Okay I'm ready to face this barrage:

I like Skyline Chili

And I'm excited to eat some when I go to Kings Island on Friday.

You're a terrible excuse for a human being.

I'm lazy and cheap so usually Dominos, but when I'm not cheap I hit up Adriatico's (local joint), and when I'm not lazy I get Pieology.

Okay I'm ready to face this barrage:

I like Skyline Chili

And I'm excited to eat some when I go to Kings Island on Friday.

original.gif

Cinnamon does not belong in chili!

Pizza is gross. But, if I have to, Pizza Hut or Marco's Pizza (because they have subs). We also have a local place called Leaning Tower of Pizza that I can stomach from time to time.

NeoXChaos

Beth Fouhy ‏@bfouhy 14m14 minutes ago
Per @AymanM, Megyn Kelly just entered the Trump tower incognito, met by member of his team who took her upstairs.

it's all about Burgerville in the Pacific Northwest. Or Smashburger if I'm in Phoenix or So Cal.

meanwhile everyone in flyover country hates the shit out of you because we have to drive or fly a thousand miles to try that shit

there's a place near the OSU campus i usually get it from called pharaoh's pizza, and it's usually damn good

pigeon

Banned
I appreciate this thread's food opinions for helping me remember why I can never move to any non-coastal part of the United States.

Oh, I know, I read it. I literally thought most of that stuff was so dumb as to not respond to-- I just picked up on his 65% argument. I thought it was funny to think that if Hillary got the numbers that Bernie needs to even tie, she'd take superdelegates out of the conversation altogether.

Yeah, his arguments are so bad the best rebuttal is to just quote the article verbatim and not even comment on it.

CCS

Banned
original.gif

Cinnamon does not belong in chili!

Pizza is gross. But, if I have to, Pizza Hut or Marco's Pizza (because they have subs). We also have a local place called Leaning Tower of Pizza that I can stomach from time to time.

You're gross :p

Kidding, I love ya really bae. Leaning Tower of Pizza is a fantastic name.

meanwhile everyone in flyover country hates the shit out of you because we have to drive or fly a thousand miles to try that shit

Bruh, they have Smashburger in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, and Iowa. Get thee to a Smashburger, go!

Re: Pizza, I love Boston's or Pagliacci (the latter of which is a franchise local to the Seattle area).

EDIT: They even have Smashburger in that godless pit known as Ohio.

Dominos do the best delivery around here. Screaming Sicilian do the best frozen that I can get around here. If I want greek style pizza I hit up a local joint. If I want higher end wood fire oven pizza I go to Wicked. If I want coal fire pizza I go to Estia.

Or I go to my neighbor that has an outdoor pizza oven with a bottle of something and say... hey... here's a bottle of something. Are you cooking pizza?

Typically from local places wherever I've lived. Ironically one of our regular places to order from is a New York style pizzeria. We're slowly making our way through trying various deep dish places to see which is the best.

CCS

Banned
Foodie GAF is now taking over threads like PopGAF I see

You need a lot of calories when you're feeling the bern.

Dominos do the best delivery around here. Screaming Sicilian do the best frozen that I can get around here. If I want greek style pizza I hit up a local joint. If I want higher end wood fire oven pizza I go to Wicked. If I want coal fire pizza I go to Estia.

Or I go to my neighbor that has an outdoor pizza oven with a bottle of something and say... hey... here's a bottle of something. Are you cooking pizza?

I admire how much of a connoisseur of pizza you are. I aspire to this level.

I admire how much of a connoisseur of pizza you are. I aspire to this level.

I'm no food expert, just a food lover. Living on Cape Cod we have a few culinary gaps (it's hard to find good Indian or Mexican), but we excel at ice cream and anything fish related. We have amazing sushi. Amazing fried fish. Amazing lobster rolls. Amazing stuffed quahogs. Amazing clam chowder.

Yeah, there's good eating up here, and most of the expected bases are well covered.

I mean, if someone offered me pizza on a date or as a "Hey let's get pizza" I'[d think they hated me. Pizza is just vile, vile shit. It's freaking bread, cheese and tomato. Whoop dee doo.

His hair is like when you take a bite of pizza and all the cheese comes off with it and you have to put it back on the slice.

Why would you do that? Just eat the cheese. It's the only good part of the pizza. That's how I eat pizza. I take a fork and scrape the cheese and toppings off. Then I eat that.

With a fork.

Like a real New Yorker.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Did I say dark chocolate?

Unsweetened. Cocoa. Powder.

I mean, putting chocolate in is wack as hell too. The weed has done things to y'all in Colorado.

This is a Mexican dish, not Coloradian.

I have never had skyline chili, it is probably terrible. But these ingredients make some kind of sense.

You need to broaden them horizons.

I've never, ever liked pizza. I can do the salad pizza from California Pizza Kitchen. Or, if I order Pizza Hut, I get it with BBQ sauce, chicken, bacon and cheddar. Then I'm okay.

Skyline Chili isn't some delicacy or whatever but I do think it's a guilty pleasure. Especially on a coney.

The problem isn't that we think you think it's a delicacy. It's that at any point you think it's a "pleasure." :p

Why would you do that? Just eat the cheese. It's the only good part of the pizza. That's how I eat pizza. I take a fork and scrape the cheese and toppings off. Then I eat that.

With a fork.

Like a real New Yorker.

Maybe shitty Ohio pizza, yeah. In NY (or northeast in general) a fork is just an inconvenience that gets in the way of good pizza.

User1608

Banned
My local pizza place is godly. Some of the best pizza I've ever had.

I eat with hands only, no exceptions. I've mixed up cheeses too. Cheddar jack+mozzarella is fucking amazing.

I love the narrative that the longest independant on the senate, which by itself is an amazing accomplishment that speaks of his record, is one of the most effective members of the senate to pass progressive amendments is a hack that doesn't know anything that he is doing.

He wants single payer because he wants the state to be able to negotiate drug prices because they're absurdly expensive. They can be up to 1000% more expensive compared to Canada. The privatized system is still insanely expensive for the state, in which the USA pays the most per capita on health care and doesn't have the benefits for the people. As head of the veteran health stuff in the senate he passed the most progressive health aid system for the veterans, which I believe is completely government ran.

I will say this, in his website he cites Chile as a country that's gonna start offering free college this year but it has been an absolute disaster. The country was incredibly mobilized in 2011 and up to 2013 for quality affordable college and the new government promised it because they are corrupt populists (still better than the right mind you) and tried to pass the law in like a month after assuming command. It went on for a year because the budget was horribly mismanaged, they had a horrible new tax plan that affected medium/large enterprises that slowed business to a crawl and at the end of the day they got free tuition for 200.000 students I believe.

On the other side of the coin, I wish hillary would stop being disingenuous and stop lying about NY gun epidemic, singling Vermont as a key problem. 1% of the guns that come out of state are from Vermont and is a non issue and even a super delegate for Clinton called her out and said "election times makes people exaggerate and misrepresent issues".

Piece by piece:
Paragraph 1: I think you're misunderstanding Vermont here. It's an incredibly small, rural state with a largely homogeneous population. That region of the country is hardcore independent territory. Maine has had plenty of indy runs, as has Vermont. It's a thing there because elections in that region can play out more like local elections instead of say, a Senate run in Texas. His amendments are basically riders that we criticize politicians for doing, and I don't want to be a hypocrite and only criticize the right for it. It's shady, and it's not a sign of good responsible governance. (Hillary actually passed more of them per year in the Senate too, but like I said, I don't care for that at all).

Paragraph 2: The onus for these comparisons is to argue why health care scales linearly in terms of cost per person. If it does, then great! The US's larger population can pay for larger costs. But if it doesn't, then we've got more problems. That's why that poster is asking for more comparisons to population rich countries. Canada has about a tenth of the population of the US, while Germany has almost 3 times that (still only a fourth of US population though). And Bernie should stay FARRRRR away from any VA comparisons if he wants to sway people. I don't know how much coverage it's getting outside the country, but the VA's brand of health care is widely blasted here for being long, painful, needlessly complicated, and just poor in general. It's not a good line of argument for him to make (which is why I rarely hear him bring it up).

Paragraph 3: These are interesting details that I didn't know about Chile. Honestly though, his biggest problem on colleges is that states are largely in charge of education, not the feds. There's just no precedent at all for Bernie saying "Tuition at the University of Mississippi is now free!" unless two things happen: 1) he offers to foot the bill for each enrolled student, which leads to universities just massively inflating the bill he'll pay, so he moves to 2) a federal mandate setting tuition price controls for every states' public universities. Option 1 isn't going to work, and Option 2 is a political battle on-par with a few ACAs. No way does that ever happen.

Paragraph 4: This is more noticeable to people not from New York, I think. People I know from NY generally blame their rural neighbors for guns getting into the state, even if data might show otherwise (I'm unsure if it does, though). And Bernie's record on guns is going to draw a ton of attack from most people. He's a leftist, so every GOP voter thinks he's out for their guns, and his voting record of immunizing the gun manufacturers from legal trouble is poison on the left. He's a man without a country on this issue.

I just assume I can ignore links to the Huffington Post. In the same way I'm not going to watch your YouTube video news.

Also, no one said anything about primarying anyone. But I can't see it doing anything but marginalising yourself, because the Clintons keep track. And now he's on a list somewhere.

Meanwhile, I have no idea why random comparisons to Obama are made. Little Marco is a Senator, what of it? Barack Obama was able to articulate policy. He was intellectually curious about it. He didn't skim-read a history textbook about the 80s to swat for foreign policy debates. He indicated he would govern in prose, even as he used soaring rhetoric to fuel his campaign.

It's amazing to me how little people really know about Obama. He was really well-informed for a young Senator, and he had a lot of great, well-explained positions. It wasn't just "Yes we can!" until he won.

Hazmat

In-N-Out is for west coast elitists, wannabe west coast elitists, and people who think that all food should be drenched in Thousand Island dressing. A decent burger for the price, sure, but not a big deal. Come to Texas and get Whataburger, or more specifically, come to Austin and get P. Terry's.

If you're paying, I'll always take a Shake Shack burger over an In-N-Out burger. Burger to burger, the Shack has them comfortably and soundly beaten.

If I'm paying though? Then it's much closer. Because for the money you spend at In-N-Out I don't think there's a burger that matches them for dollars to quality ratio. You get a high quality burger for a low burger price.

The portions aren't small for the price.

You can do what you want too. Get a 3x3 animal style with fries well animal style and tell me you're not full for $10.

Anthony Bourdain knows it's the superior burger. He hates trump too. So he's got good taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom