• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

I don't understand Sanders supporters when it comes to the #Democraticwhores hashtag. By them trying to defend Sanders all they're doing is continuing to shine a spotlight on it by using it. It just takes one google search to see that it was something negative that said on the Sanders side of things. You'd think they'd want to not bring further attention to it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That Morning Consult electoral poll is amazing. Cruz manages to get less electoral votes than Trump :lol

Hillary_Clinton_NY_Daily_News.jpg

Hehehehehehehe

*shudders*

Evil incarnate.

Slayven

I don't understand Sanders supporters when it comes to the #Democraticwhores hashtag. By them trying to defend Sanders all they're doing is continuing to shine a spotlight on it using it. It just takes one google search to see that it something negative that happen on Sanders side of things. You'd think they'd want to not bring further attention to it.

Sanders supporters on social media make it their life goals to be his own worse enemy.

ApharmdX

Banned
If ya'll are mad about "corporate Democratic whores" then the general election (if it's Trump) will be flat-out traumatizing to you.

I don't understand Sanders supporters when it comes to the #Democraticwhores hashtag. By them trying to defend Sanders all they're doing is continuing to shine a spotlight on it using it. It just takes one google search to see that it something negative that happen on Sanders side of things. You'd think they'd want to not bring further attention to it.

Not only that, but I've now seen people bringing up his "women fantasize about getting raped by 3 men" comments too.

Good. Good.

If ya'll are mad about "corporate Democratic whores" then the general election (if it's Trump) will be flat-out traumatizing to you.

I'm mad about Democratic surrogates using phrases like Democratic whores. I expect it from Republicans, but holding Bernie's campaign and surrogates to even that low standard has burned me throughout this primary season.

CCS

Banned

Sanders' twitter army is large but not particularly bright.

pigeon

Banned
Also man new Tesseract didn't last.

Should've learned a lesson from Daredevil. It's easy to say you're going to give it up, but when the chips are down the rush is just too strong.

Crocodile

Like I said before, the Sanders campaign has the worst surrogates. Just awful!

Lack of debates is hurting Trump.

You mean more chances for Trump to look like the uninformed ignoramus that he is would help? There are too few candidates left which means too much spotlight and too much time to ask real questions and have receipts on hand.

That Morning Consult electoral poll is amazing. Cruz manages to get less electoral votes than Trump :lol

Link? That can't be right

I don't understand Sanders supporters when it comes to the #Democraticwhores hashtag. By them trying to defend Sanders all they're doing is continuing to shine a spotlight on it by using it. It just takes one google search to see that it was something negative that said on the Sanders side of things. You'd think they'd want to not bring further attention to it.

Seems to be the new Social Media Mob tactic, run with the thing you're hit with as if a positive. Not exclusive to Sanders supporters, just online groups engaging in self-reinforcement.

The twist I've been seeing is trying to push the idea that the term "whore" isn't sexist in nature, and it was totally alright to use, because Hillary is, in fact, a Corporate Whore. And that's not sexist because "Corporate Whore" isn't sexist, even though it totally still is. Another popular one is "it wasn't directed at her, so why are you assuming it was meant to be about her, hmmm are you maybe the sexist here????"

My belief is you don't even hint at any sort of possibly sexist phrase when your opposition is a prominent female politician. Just play it safe, no need to try and bend and twist phrases to try and make people believe they aren't sexist in nature.

It's just weird spin for the sake of spin, as Bernie himself has said the comments were inappropriate. It's totally stupid to try and keep bringing it up. His supporters need to calm their seething, irrational hatred of Hillary and realize it's not going to get him elected.

Nah, it's not that odd to hear republicans say misogynist slurs. It's a little weird to hear a surrogate for a democratic presidential candidate doing it. I think that's why people are shocked.

pigeon

Banned
I mean, I'm 100% unsurprised that as soon as the conversation is about whether it's okay to call a woman a whore all the pro-misogyny tactics came out to play and the thread suddenly turned into a Gaming-side thread.* That's just how the patriarchy works. It's part and parcel with the whole Lewandowski assault gaslighting thing. I don't even put it on Bernie's campaign or anything, except in the sense that intersectionality is hard.

* YEAH THAT'S RIGHT I WENT THERE

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Like I said before, the Sanders campaign has the worst surrogates. Just awful!

You mean more chances for Trump to look like the uninformed ignoramus that he is would help? There are too few candidates left which means too much spotlight and too much time to ask real questions and have receipts on hand.

Link? That can't be right

I posted the link, and the Trump statement was a joke about how many times we went back and forth about debates affecting Trump's poll numbers back in the day.

Effect

The twist I've been seeing is trying to push the idea that the term "whore" isn't sexist in nature, and it was totally alright to use, because Hillary is, in fact, a Corporate Whore. And that's not sexist because "Corporate Whore" isn't sexist, even though it totally still is. Another popular one is "it wasn't directed at her, so why are you assuming it was meant to be about her, hmmm are you maybe the sexist here????"

It's just weird spin for the sake of spin, as Bernie himself has said the comments were inappropriate. It's totally stupid to try and keep bringing it up. His supporters need to calm their seething, irrational hatred of Hillary and realize it's not going to get him elected.

That's the big WTF aspect of it. Sanders said it was wrong yet they're just ignoring him regarding it and pushing more and more.

I saw that other spin as well and it's just ugh.

This is definitely definitely not going to backfire in any way.

Probably not actually. There have been much worse from all sides. People will discuss it here like this is what finally does the limping Sanders' campaign in but in reality twitter memes won't influence the vote of a statistically significant portion of the NY electorate.

As a reminder of just how bad politics can actually get...
Glenn Beck: Clinton A "Stereotypical Bitch." On his radio show in March 2007, then-CNN Headline News host and ABC News commentator Glenn Beck called Clinton a "stereotypical bitch," claiming she could not "be elected president because ... there's something about her vocal range ... it's not what she says, it's how she says it." He added, "She is like the stereotypical -- excuse the expression, but this is the way to -- she's the stereotypical bitch, you know what I mean?" A year later Beck was confronted over his remarks on Good Morning America, where he said "I don't think I'd call her that. I hope I've never called her that. Saying, 'sounds like the stereotypical' -- probably a better word was 'nag.'"

Also man new Tesseract didn't last.

Should've learned a lesson from Daredevil. It's easy to say you're going to give it up, but when the chips are down the rush is just too strong.
Quotes pl0x?

Is this supposed to be a bad thing here? She wasn't there. She just said she didn't hear it. Jesus.

Condemn the actual comment and how fucking thoughtless it was. Jane hasn't done anything wrong here.

She should have had her talking points before she went on the shows. This made waves last night! His campaign should have been on top of this immediately. He managed to wait until this morning to release a statement. It was a fine statement, but there's no reason Jane didn't know about this before she went on CNN.

Also, Jane seems to never know about anything. She doesn't know about the taxes. Doesn't know about the interview. Not sure why an interview involved being asked, you know, questions. If she wants to be a surroage, she needs to get a briefing or something once in a while.

It'll go away in 24 hours just like every other hashtag campaign this primary.

That and/or, like the totally unscientific sample of tweets in that hashtag I looked at earlier while prepping for an ethics-in-public-organizations presentation, it'll wind up being used as a badge of honor by the growing contingent of visible #ImWithHer on Twitter

CCS

Banned
It'll go away in 24 hours just like every other hashtag campaign this primary.

Probably not actually. There have been much worse from all sides. People will discuss it here like this is what finally does the limping Sanders' campaign in but in reality twitter memes won't influence the vote of a statistically significant portion of the NY electorate.

Normally I'd agree, but doing it on a debate day is not smart.

She should have had her talking points before she went on the shows. This made waves last night! His campaign should have been on top of this immediately. He managed to wait until this morning to release a statement. It was a fine statement, but there's no reason Jane didn't know about this before she went on CNN.

Also, Jane seems to never know about anything. She doesn't know about the taxes. Doesn't know about the interview. Not sure why an interview involved being asked, you know, questions. If she wants to be a surroage, she needs to get a briefing or something once in a while.

I'm sure it might seems that way to some.

Normally I'd agree, but doing it on a debate day is not smart.

Oh shit. Yeah. I wonder if it'll come up. Might not look so good.

ApharmdX

Banned

My belief is you don't even hint at any sort of possibly sexist phrase when your opposition is a prominent female politician. Just play it safe, no need to try and bend and twist phrases to try and make people believe they aren't sexist in nature.

The term "whore" isn't necessarily sexist, as it describes a person who has wholly sold out. It fits in this context but I would have never said it, definitely agreed that you don't go there with prominent female figures.

Nah, it's not that odd to hear republicans say misogynist slurs. It's a little weird to hear a surrogate for a democratic presidential candidate doing it. I think that's why people are shocked.

I mean, with Trump we actually expect that kind of low-level shitflinging

to be fair to trump we don't expect him to know any better

My point is, this comment, while shocking on the left, is relatively innocuous by itself, and more notable because Sanders surrogates have made more than a few tone-deaf comments. Whoever the eventual GOP nom is will wade in with far nastier, far more personal attacks on Hillary. Hell even if it's not Trump. It'll be open season on both Hillary and on Bill.

My point is, this comment, while shocking on the left, is relatively innocuous by itself, and more notable because Sanders surrogates have made more than a few tone-deaf comments. Whoever the eventual GOP nom is will wade in with far nastier, far more personal attacks on Hillary. Hell even if it's not Trump. It'll be open season on both Hillary and on Bill.

What is the GOP going to use on Hillary that hasn't been beaten to death over the last 20 years?

please..PLEASE let this gain traction.

I should mention, I don't see what's problematic about the 'generation you shit on thing."

Seems out of place. Am I missing something?

What is the GOP going to use on Hillary that hasn't been beaten to death over the last 20 years?

The same things that work. The reasons her unfavorability ratings are higher than very many less well known political figures.

pigeon

Banned
The term "whore" isn't necessarily sexist, as it describes a person who has wholly sold out.

And it makes that point by comparing them to a woman who had sex for money because under the patriarchy that is the ultimate sellout. I don't know if you're kidding yourself here or what but get the net, it's obviously sexist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom