• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won in Galt's Gulch! Kansas is running their economy on pixie dust and the tears of poor people at this point and he won there. Oklahoma wishes they were Saudi Arabia and he won there.

Ok you are right. That wasn't necessary, specially because we know the reason he lost those states is because he wasn't(and still isn't) able to connect with black voters.

Omg this primary needs to stop.

NeoXChaos

He is not shitting them omg. He just said what it is, they are more conservative and he is more competitive in more liberal states. That's all.

The cheerings and booings show how divisive this thing is becoming.

not from a democratic electorate standpoint:

Jamelle Bouie ‏@jbouie 13m13 minutes ago
Jamelle Bouie Retweeted Rob
Yes, it is false. The *Democratic* electorates in Southern states are not meaningfully less liberal than elsewhere.

Jamelle Bouie ‏@jbouie 43s43 seconds ago
Jamelle Bouie Retweeted .M
Most Southern Democrats are blacks. Most black Democrats are more liberal than white ones.

Harry Enten ‏@ForecasterEnten 13m13 minutes ago
Again folks, the reason Sanders lost in the south is because Clinton does well among black voters. It's not about conservatism.

Harry Enten ‏@ForecasterEnten Apr 9
Look at Alabama... Clinton won 76% of very liberal voters. Doesn't seem like she won there because it is "conservative".

Harry Enten ‏@ForecasterEnten Apr 9
The idea Clinton won the south because it is conservative isn't true. She won it because she does well with black voters overall.

Jamelle Bouie ‏@jbouie 4m4 minutes ago
Jamelle Bouie Retweeted Blupman
On economy, black voters are *much* more liberal than whites. On social, it varies, but those are not voting issues.

Andrew Pantazi ‏@apantazi 5m5 minutes ago
@jbouie Especially on Bernie's fiscal issues. You can argue who is most liberal on social issues, but black Southern D's are fiscal liberals

Kangi

It's weird to write off the South in the same election cycle where GE polls show Hillary killing the two GOP frontrunners in, like, Georgia.

I'll work my butt off to turn SC blue this November. Let's do it!

Just compare how Hilary responded on Bernie's supporters. She said she was happy he had a lot of young enthusiastic people supporting him and hoped the party could unify after this was over. That's how you handle that.

User 406

Banned
Sounds like the debate was one of those things where everyone wakes up in the morning embarrassed and ashamed and never talks about it again. :X

so no one is going to comment on the "CNN Smells like farts" sign

That sign was the truest thing there. Nothing to debate.

I am not the only one who thinks "sleestak" every time Sestak comes up, am I?

Nope, you're not, although I don't think there are many in here old enough to remember just how god damn slow and pathetic they were, I mean really, they were supposed to be scary? You could dry your laundry on them while they shambled at you.

"I'm the candidate people think looks slimy. Like a cheat. Like a serial killer. Remember when I made some deals to win the nomination from the person you voted for? That was fun. But please, remember, I might look slimy. Hell, I might even be a disgusting, awful person, but please, remember to vote for me in November, thanks"

Ted's voice read this in my head, complete with little giggle at the "That was fun." bit. You owe me a new brain.

Took my kid to get a Happy Meal this evening. There was a guy there loudly complaining about the service and how there was no cheese on a third of his Big Mac. When he was told to leave, he called the staff "assholes" and yelled that he was "fuckin' homeless."

Now, I'm not saying Hillary had anything to do with this, but...

HilLIEry reneging on campaign promises as expected. #HamburglarHill

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Honestly this was just more of the same but with 25% more anger from each side.
Why keep debating at this stage?

Bernie's hoping she trips over herself and hands him the nomination, completely forgetting she and Obama went blow for blow in the debates 4 years ago.

User1608

Banned
Yea that was a misfire. I think he got carried away reading comments on the s4p subreddit.
It sure seems like it.
Just compare how Hilary responded on Bernie's supporters. She said she was happy he had a lot of young enthusiastic people supporting him and hoped the party could unify after this was over. That's how you handle that.
She did a fantastic job I feel.
HilLIEry reneging on campaign promises as expected. #HamburglarHill
lol

Iolo

I don't think this debate will change anybody's mind at this point, but that's ultimately bad for Bernie.

All the undecideds will break for Kerry anyway. That's how it works.

Holmes

Ok you are right. That wasn't necessary, specially because we know the reason he lost those states is because he wasn't(and still isn't) able to connect with black voters.

Omg this primary needs to stop.
i'm w/ u melkr. We need to start tha unification

Bernie was getting pissy when CNN was asking him questions. He was bitching about having to catch a plane for his pretend meeting with the Pope.

Maybe they'll give him a cardboard hat or something. Or a "I Spent $300,000 on a Plane and all I got is this Lousy T-Shirt" shirt from the Vatican gift shop.

That has to be the last debate. There's really nothing more for them to discuss.

I would have liked more focus on Syria. I think its kind of shocking how little it has been discussed this primary, but we aren't getting anything new out of these debates. Its time to end it.

Holy shit! That was awesome :))))). Bernie! Bernie! Bernie!

If the aggregate of the NY polls doesn't tighten between now and Tuesday, I'll, I'll, eat a tin of Spam!

User1608

Banned
Bernie was getting pissy when CNN was asking him questions. He was bitching about having to catch a plane for his pretend meeting with the Pope.

Maybe they'll give him a cardboard hat or something. Or a "I Spent $300,000 on a Plane and all I got is this Lousy T-Shirt" shirt from the Vatican gift shop.
You're killing me, Adam. I just spit my soda out...

NeoXChaos

Eric Kleefeld ‏@EricKleefeld 4m4 minutes ago
@jbouie @Sernett And even if black Democrats are more socially conservative than white Democrats, still more liberal than white Republicans.

the bolded who are just as conservative on social and economic policy.

Holmes

We need a 60/40 win for Hillary to just put the nail in the coffin. The math basically said it was over back in March, but we need a win here for other Democrats to start pushing Bernie hard to move on.
He'll just cry foul and send a fundraising email telling people that he's being called on to drop so please donate to me.

Holmes

Daniel B·;201026026 said:

If the aggregate of the NY polls doesn't tighten between now and Tuesday, I'll, I'll, eat a tin of Spam!
The tin, right? Not the contents?

Everyone says nice shit about Israel, even Obama did.

True, but I legitimately think Obama thought he could work with Israel to find a solution. Clinton has been in the game far too long and knows better than to think Netanyahu wants peace with a two state solution. I guess we would have to wait and see. We need a new generation from all sides to start working on the issue

Trancos

Hillary is doomed!
svdZ74F.png

Daniel B·;201026026 said:

Danny I am losing hope, I cant go on :(. They are winning, we need to retreat :(

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
True, but I legitimately think Obama thought he could work with Israel to find a solution. Clinton has been in the game far too long and knows better than to think Netanyahu wants peace with a two state solution. I guess we would have to wait and see.

My point is more it's one of those things you got to say to get elected in this county.

Sure. I'm over this whole primary. Can't believe there's still nearly 2 months until my vote gets counted.

Over that as well, would love to be friends again with several progressives that have completely lost their minds believing all the conspiracies re Clinton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom