• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's been asked many times, but nobody has answered my question why Gun Makers need special protection and Alcohol Makers don't.

Because Bernie voted for it and there's people that will defend him to the death for everything he's done.

There's also people that agree with it, but they just like guns a lot. Or are pedants.

I might be crazy, but Bernie looked like he was on the edge and just worn out.

It's like a Mayweather fight and Bernie's the challenger. It's going to decision and he's run out of steam.

Yeah it's indefensible to vote for stricter punishments against crimes committed against children and having cops wear body armor.

Neat, so you can read the bottom half of that link. You're welcome to address everything at the top, which is the point of contention.

I'll vote for the candidate that brings back Happy Endings.

giphy.gif

How you doing....

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fact is, she's got an entire political party waiting to spend tens of billions of dollars to tear her down. Gotta look to the future. There's a way to dispel the whole thing without releasing them, a poster in the debate thread noted it, but it would involve her actually taking the gloves off and nailing Bernie to the wall and she can't do that. So all she can do is just take it and wait for Bernie to run out of road, which will happen in a few weeks.

Because politics?

It could be the most innocent transcript on earth, but in the hands of opposition it will be sliced and diced and warped. Meanings that aren't there will be added, words will be taken out of context. It's very EASY you see why she won't release them.

You're both right. I'm just flummoxed, as adam said, as to how she's so bad at responding to it after all this time but I realize Bernie isn't a serious enough contender to cower to his demands (no offense).

Why is he so bent on the transcripts for that but didn't want to hear about her damn e-mails anymore?

Wall Street

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Got a link handy, or was this in print somehow?

I think it was politico, it was a while ago and on my phone. The thing was more about how the parent company (First Look) was completely incompetent and how the site basically fought tooth and nail against publishing anything that didn't make the US government and establishment look bad.

You're both right. I'm just flummoxed, as adam said, as to how she's so bad at responding to it after all this time but I realize Bernie isn't a serious enough contender to cower to his demands (no offense).

Why is he so bent on the transcripts for that but didn't want to hear about her damn e-mails anymore?

Wall Street

It's more because with the transcripts he gets to insinuate that she's corrupt, basically it lets him make personal attacks and look like that's not what he's doing.

Boney

Banned
Neat, so you can read the bottom half of that link. You're welcome to address everything at the top, which is the point of contention.
I have no idea what the cop program is so I can't comment on that. And yes, the war con drugs is absolute bullshit, Nixon made everyone eat that shit up to encarcerate minorities and hippies and sadly it continued on. I don't know the specifics of those votes, I know he is very vocal about heroin, there's a video of him floating of him in the 90's argueing for putting pot off the federal crime list because he insisted it's not the same as heroin in terms of damage, so yes I can't say I support his votes against war on drug bills on principle but I also can't say that any legislation on anti drug stuff is inherently bad.

But chill dude, no need for the passive aggressiveness

Boney

Banned

Wall Street
Because getting money out of politics is his number one goal or close to it and it's something he can help achieve without winning the nomination. He's not going for the emails because that has nothing to do with policy positions and I respect that.

Can you explain why he then used it in 2006 to say he was tough on crime?
If you give me more context maybe because I don't know what happened in 2006

Oh he's 100% going.

He's spending like $300,000 on the flight.

I've just realized who wears the trousers in their relationship (FYI, Jane's Catholic) ;).

Seriously though, given Pope Francis's highly encouraging language on the perils of worshipping money, and on being guardians of our wonderful planet, Bernie and the Pope are totally of the same mind, on these and some other important issues of our time (by no means all), and as President, working together they could be a powerful force for progress. However, I'm not entirely sold on the timing of this etc.

Bowdz

I think we can all agree after tonight that Ted Cruz is an objectively ugly human being in aesthetic terms. He facial symetry is subpar and frankly, not up to the presidential standards set by our aesthetic POTUS.

But chill dude, no need for the passive aggressiveness

At the same time, you have to understand - when there's a consistent trend of people just letting the Google effect wash over them it gets really friggin' grating. (Like, you're actually ahead of the pack in terms of actually reading the links I'm posting, and that's with me basically assuming you've just done the basic due diligence of clicking on them and reading at least part of them.)

I'm a bit out of line lashing out at you in particular, and I apologize for that. But this ain't exactly coming out of nowhere.

Crayons

Banned
I can't decide who I want to lose more. Seeing Trump become a loser would be fantastic. On the other hand, seeing Cruz lose would be fantastic too. It's a hard choice.

Boney

Banned
Oh he's 100% going.

He's spending like $300,000 on the flight.
but he flies coach

At the same time, you have to understand - when there's a consistent trend of people just letting the Google effect wash over them it gets really friggin' grating. (Like, you're actually ahead of the pack in terms of actually reading the links I'm posting, and that's with me basically assuming you've just done the basic due diligence of clicking on them and reading at least part of them.)

I'm a bit out of line lashing out at you in particular, and I apologize for that. But this ain't exactly coming out of nowhere.
I understand, politics can get pretty heated, especially with how ugly this campaign is starting to look for all parties, from trolls to the candidates. Still, thanks for sharing the info, I'd love to know what the second set of laws, the COP program is actually.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I can't decide who I want to lose more. Seeing Trump become a loser would be fantastic. On the other hand, seeing Cruz lose would be fantastic too. It's a hard choice.

If Trump makes it to the general then the GOP is dead (nationally) for a generation. The Dems will be able to tie every politician they try to run to Trump unless they radically alter their platform and run to the center.

Because getting money out of politics is his number one goal or close to it and it's something he can help achieve without winning the nomination. He's not going for the emails because that has nothing to do with policy positions and I respect that.

https://web.archive.org/web/20061018180921/http:/www.bernie.org/truth/crime.html

Touting how he was tough on crime by using the 1994 crime bill while rallying against it now undermines his credibility when using it against other people who voted for it.

If Trump makes it to the general then the GOP is dead (nationally) for a generation. The Dems will be able to tie every politician they try to run to Trump unless they radically alter their platform and run to the center.

We should be so lucky. The Democrats would sweep 2016 in ways that made 2008 look sad.

He's referring to the fact that the Archive page I linked to is from his 2006 campaign where he touts his tough-on-crime cred. By his own campaign's logic, that's not really something you do if you fundamentally disbelieved in it!

By the way, Fight For 15 is pretty okay with Hillary too:

Darren Sands ✔ ‎@darrensands
"Clinton has consistently supported the Fight for $15," #FightFor15 spox says in email. Adds they're grateful for both candidates' support.

Boney

Banned
https://web.archive.org/web/20061018180921/http:/www.bernie.org/truth/crime.html

Touting how he was tough on crime by using the 1994 crime bill while rallying against it now undermines his credibility when using it against other people who voted for it.
I'd assume he's using it to endorse his violence against woman, to answer why he voted for it while simultaneously pad the number and get the heat off for the effect on minorities it has. He has been consistent at least on pointing out how it affects communities and is committed to change it. Hillary gave a pretty weak defense for it today in my opinion, which is disheartening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom