• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCS

Banned
I am calling for a total and complete shutdown of Straights entering PoliGAF until our leading gay representatives can figure out what is going on.

EDIT: Was rather hoping this wouldn't end up at the top of the page :p

Kangi

I am calling for a total and complete shutdown of Straights entering PoliGAF until our leading gay representatives can figure out what is going on

Our screening process is broken. How do we know whether or not we can trust them?

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Cybit, keep it in your pants!

Tooooooooooo late. I sort of hope I don't end up at any fundraisers with Maddow any time soon. Thaaat could be awkward.

PN78k9j.gif

Straight people? Absolutely disgusting.

<3 Kidding! We love straight people. Your lifestyle, tho.....

Ok, that gif is fantastic.

Psh. Says the man with his BernieBro. :p Betraying the Queen for some nookie! :p

EDIT:
Our screening process is broken. How do we know whether or not we can trust them?

Show us a picture of Ivy. If we aren't turned on, we can't be trusted.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
So many dislikes omg. I found it amusing.

He said it himself in the video, he likes them both but thinks Hillary is the one who can get things done. I have to agree

Oh no, I meant it's sad they are treating him that way when his views are probably closer to their own.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I second this motion.

Actually, I think Ivy should just be obligated to post pictures anyway. So dreamy... :p

The missus and I were looking at wedding rings on my phone last week, and somehow I ended up on twitter and she saw a picture of Ivy and was like "holy crap that dude is hot".

Just sayin'.

CCS

Banned
The missus and I were looking at wedding rings on my phone last week, and somehow I ended up on twitter and she saw a picture of Ivy and was like "holy crap that dude is hot".

Just sayin'.

This is more implausible than those stories on the internet about someone "accidentally" getting something lodged up them :p

It's okay to tell us that your missus caught you questioning your sexuality over Ivy. It happens to the best of us :p

ivysaur12

Banned
What happened in Louisiana must really have spooked The Don:

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...t-to-lead-delegate-effort/?smid=tw-share&_r=0

Donald Trump Hires Paul Manafort to Lead Delegate Effort

Donald J. Trump, girding for a long battle over presidential delegates and a potential floor fight at the Cleveland convention, has enlisted the veteran Republican strategist Paul J. Manafort to lead his delegate-corralling efforts, according to people briefed on Mr. Trump’s plans.

Mr. Trump confirmed the hire in a brief telephone interview. “Yes,” he said, “it is true.”

Mr. Manafort, 66, is among the few political hands in either party with direct experience managing nomination fights: As a young Republican operative, he helped manage the 1976 convention floor for Gerald Ford in his showdown with Ronald Reagan, the last time Republicans entered a convention with no candidate having clinched the nomination.

He performed a similar function for Mr. Reagan in 1980, and played leading roles in the 1988 and 1996 conventions, for George H. W. Bush and Bob Dole.

Mr. Manafort has drawn attention in recent years chiefly for his work as an international political consultant, most notably as a senior adviser to former President Viktor F. Yanukovych of Ukraine, who was driven from power in 2014.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
This is more implausible than those stories on the internet about someone "accidentally" getting something lodged up them :p

It's okay to tell us that your missus caught you questioning your sexuality over Ivy. It happens to the best of us :p

Psh, caught me would imply I wasn't upfront about it in the first place! ;-). Ain't nothing to be ashamed about, let me tell ya. ;-)

<3 Ivy

HylianTom

Banned
It's weird to think that if Al Franken got the Weekend Update Anchor role he wanted, he probably wouldn't be a Senator today.

Franken did a Weekend Update performance in 1991 that was really damn cynical, and I can't find a link to the video online anywhere. It'd still ring incredibly true today.

Since I can't find it, I'm going to transcribe it from my crappy VHS copy.
Kevin Nealon: Well, the 1992 Presidential campaign is upon us, and this year, Weekend Update political correspondant Al Franken will be keeping an eye on the race for the White House.

Al Franken: Thank you, Kevin. Well, the 1992 race for the White House is starting, and I for one couldn't be more excited. Now, to be fair, I should tell you at the outset that I am a lifelong Democrat, which is really what I wanted to talk about tonight.

It used to be fairly common in this country for a young man or woman to start out as a Democrat and then, as he or she got older and more established, at some point start voting Republican. Winston Churchill said it this way: "show me a young man who is a conservative, and I'll show you a man with no heart. Show me an old man who is a liberal, and I'll show you a man with no brain."

I put it this way: "Show me an old man who is a conservative, and I'll show you a man who has made some serious money." And as co-producer, writer, and sometimes-performer on this show, I'm doing very well, thank you. I'm not going to tell you exactly what I make - I want you to like me, not resent me - but let's say what I get paid, considering what it is that I really do, is obscene. I mean, it's not Leno money, it's not even Carvey money, but compared to someone who really works for a living, well, it's just sad.

Now, in the old days, someone making what I earn - I'm sorry - someone making what I.. make.. would at some point switch to the Republican Party, and I think that must've been an embarrassing moment for our parents' generation: "Yeah, I used to be a New Deal Democrat, but I kinda like this Nixon guy." Well, fortunately I've been spared that embarassment because, for the last 10 years, I've had the luxury of being a Democrat and seeing my taxes cut by a Republican President, sure, but also by a Democratic Congress. Like everyone in the top 1% of income - and believe me, I'm safely in the top 1% of income - we have seen our after-tax income increase 58% since 1981, as compared to the rest of you, who have seen your after-tax income go down - and all with a Democratic Congress. {*sarcastic fist pump*} All right! Okay!

So, the 1992 Presidential campaign.. We're gonna lose, and lose bad. I'm for Harkin, 'cause I can say I'm for the old Democratic values and still lose.. y'know, really badly. And things will continue pretty much as they're been, which is fine with me. I'm Al Franken.

Kevin Nealon: Well, I guess, Al.. that was kinda cynical, wasn't it?

Al Franken: Well, Kevin, a man once said that a cynic is someone who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing. So.. yeah.

Kevin Nealon: Interesting. Thank you, Al.

Text alone doesn't really do it justice. Franken is unusually acidic and sarcastic in his delivery, and I think that if video should ever emerge, the Bernie folks are going to eat it up. Kinda curious that it doesn't appear to be on NBC's site, unlike his other Weekend Update appearances..

Don't thank us, just find a really white precinct in New York and hang out outside the polling place starting conversations with Bernie supporters. Gotta Bill Clinton this shit.

Hahahaha. This shit right here got me. Could we send him to West Hollywood too in June? Maybe somewhere in the Castro?

Please let me know which precinct it is

noshten

Barbra Streisand
&#8207;@BarbraStreisand
What's the issue about Secretary @HillaryClinton getting $225k a speech when Pres Bush 41/43 got $1m/Trump $1.25m. OK for men but not women?

Barbara needs to tone it down, associating Clinton to Bush and Trump isn't a good idea

I was thinking this morning that I wish we got precinct-level details for primaries, because I'd love to see how gay-neighborhoods voted. I imagine we'll just get counties, which is unfortunate.

EDIT: Like, this shit is fascinating (Orange County, 2012):

md5bbd-md5bayelectprezhowocvoted2012.gif

I wish we had that too.

In Massachusetts, there is only one precinct in Provincetown, and it went to Hillary 64/35.

So what do people think of Al Franken as VP? Politico is pushing it now:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/03/2016-elections-al-franken-vice-president-213756

Their argument is: he's basically Sherrod Brown except he would be replaced in the Senate by a Democrat. Also, a sense of humor to force John Oliver-style takedowns of Trump to make network news.

I'm on board.

Like Warren I feel he would gte more done in the senate. Love the guy.

I'd say the SNL thing might be slight drag, but I just remembered Reagan.

I was thinking this morning that I wish we got precinct-level details for primaries, because I'd love to see how gay-neighborhoods voted. I imagine we'll just get counties, which is unfortunate.

EDIT: Like, this shit is fascinating (Orange County, 2012):

md5bbd-md5bayelectprezhowocvoted2012.gif

This looks right to me. Rich beach areas are Romney county and the working areas and/or minority heavy areas were Obama areas.

There was a poll a few months ago that asked LGBT people who they supported. Hillary definitely had the lead in it, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Franken did a Weekend Update performance in 1991 that was really damn cynical, and I can't find a link to the video online anywhere. It'd still ring incredibly true today.

Since I can't find it, I'm going to transcribe it from my crappy VHS copy.

Text alone doesn't really do it justice. Franken is unusually acidic and sarcastic in his delivery, and I think that if video should ever emerge, the Bernie folks are going to eat it up. Kinda curious that it doesn't appear to be on NBC's site, unlike his other Weekend Update appearances..

I remember that appearance, as well as a few others f pm the era. Great stuff.

User1608

Banned
Re-Tweeting a hit piece while still running on the idea that he doesn't go negative.

Okay, girl. Good luck with that.
Bernie is incompetent at best, a liar at worst with his claim. I don't recall Hillary when she was perceived as doing poorly a couple months ago being this negative. The nature of competition and campaigning it seems.

Bernie is incompetent at best, a liar at worst with his claim. I don't recall Hillary when she was perceived as doing poorly a couple months being this negative. The nature of competition and campaigning of course.
It's kind of bad for her campaign to claim moral high ground after 2008 though.

studyguy

Orange County and Santa Barbara County have been changing for a good minute, those strongholds of rich, white republicans have been slowly getting chipped away for a good minute.

In the 2000 presidential election, Santa Barbara County, historically a bastion of wealthy, country-club Republicans, was several percentage points to the right of California over all. But in the last two elections, Santa Barbara County has been within one percentage point of the statewide vote, as the area’s Hispanic population has risen, and Republicans have lost support over environmental policy. The state’s Democrats and coastal Republicans tend to support green policies, and the G.O.P. lost some support with its “drill, baby, drill” strategy, Mr. Cain said, in Santa Barbara County specifically and California generally.

2010 but still.

CCS

Banned
Bernie is incompetent at best, a liar at worst with his claim. I don't recall Hillary when she was perceived as doing poorly a couple months ago being this negative. The nature of competition and campaigning it seems.

Preach it, preach it.

Also I'm loving these maps y'all, keep 'em coming.

Part of the closed primary problem for Bernie: 14% of reg Ds are 18-29 v. 16% of all RVs, per L2 data

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/714584639080427520

Even more acute among whites: just 11% of white registered Dems in remaining closed states are 18-29, per L2 data

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/714584780814295041

Voters over age 70 are 20.8% of registered Dems, 15% of non-Republicans

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/714586507915444226

As long as Dayton gets to nominate the successor (and it's Keith Ellison), then yes. Down.

I'm intrigued by Franken as a VP choice. I'd prefer a POC or Klobuchar, but Clinton/Franken seems like a decent ticket. Al Franken is smart and obviously can think on his feet. But yeah, you have to put Ellison in that spot.

An earlier CNN poll found similar from memory.

Older black women just aren't all going to big rallies and making memes on reddit.

BECAUSE WE AIN'T GOT TIME FOR THAT SHIT.

Don't try us.

We'll force you to do a lip sync to Cher or Lauper, and don't think we won't.

I have half a mind to change my av to the gay guy from Futurama but there seems to be slim pickings of good images for him online.

Edit: God dammit, top of the page. YASS QUEEN and all that jazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom