• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kind of bad for her campaign to claim moral high ground after 2008 though.

I know this isn't your argument, but the whole "But Hillary" thing to deflect anything bad Bernie does is tiring. Her campaign did some shit they shouldn't have in 2008. You'll get no argument from me. But people make these claims about how Bernie doesn't go negative, how he does the right thing, how he's running an issues only campaign.

He's not. I don't think most of his negative attacks have been that bad, but to pretend that there aren't negative things his campaign is putting out there is just wrong. (And I know that's not your argument!)

ivysaur12

Banned
I've heard from many people Amy is not a great person, so I'm not surprised she's not in any VP conversations.

Heidi is, of course, supposedly lovely.

User 406

Banned
oF7kc4Cl.jpg

Oh god dammit, I clicked on the link to alternate universe PoliGAF, where Maddow is a Fox News Blonde. At least I'll finally see some well thought out posts from Tesseract, although it'll be kind of bummer seeing pigeon shitpost about how Bill Clinton doesn't deserve the Republican nomination. Or adam with his Girls Gone Wild gifs.

So, possibly controversial statement.

But since no one else was willing to make it in the last thread.

RE: The hypothetical Biden impact.

He would pull votes away from Sanders because he's a straight white man with high name recognition.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

He would pull votes away from Sanders because he's a straight white man with high name recognition.

Last time I said that, in September, I got jumped up and down on.

CCS

Banned

Honestly, I buy it.

Especially given his base of support would be mostly working class.

This is completely in line with her opinion on the issue. She's fine with states raising it to $15, but feels that's too high everywhere.

Yeah exactly.

What works for California would be crazy for West Virginia. California, New York, and others should absolutely be 15 or higher, but there are parts of the country where 15 is near the median wage. That sort of shake up would be too much too quickly.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
This is completely in line with her opinion on the issue. She's fine with states raising it to $15, but feels that's too high everywhere.

But, we can't have nuance in policy!

Biden would likely have pulled votes away from everyone and won the primary.

User 406

Banned

Doesn't sound all that controversial to me. Hillary's candidacy had been a certainty since 2008, had built a very strong support base with both voters and party leaders, and the not-Clinton vote had to go somewhere.

I do agree with others that said that Hillary was beatable this cycle, we're just fresh out of Barack Obamas is all.

Hazmat

I agree. He would also serve as another Not Clinton. I'm not sure how big of a chunk of Sanders voters are really just Not Clinton voters, but it's definitely nonzero.

pigeon

Banned
At least I'll finally see some well thought out posts from Tesseract, although it'll be kind of bummer seeing pigeon shitpost about how Bill Clinton doesn't deserve the Republican nomination.

He doesn't, that fucking sellout. Too many handouts to thugs. Reminds me of my Berenstein Bears books.

Biden would pull from both of the other candidates, Hillary would still win the nomination, but her margins would be lower and she wouldn't have the commanding delegate lead she has now. Biden would probably be pressured to drop out early to help ensure Hillary got the numbers of delegates she needed.

I agree. He would also serve as another Not Clinton. I'm not sure how big of a chunk of Sanders voters are really just Not Clinton voters, but it's definitely nonzero.

The latest YouGov showed that 14% of people voting for Bernie were doing so because they didn't like the other candidate. Hillary was at 3% in the same poll. Of course, people who like Bernie could have started out as the "Not Clinton" people and grew to like him in some type of modified Stockholm Syndrome.

I agree that Biden would have been in a strong second had he decided to run. He very well could have won. Bernie would have been kept as the message candidate we all knew he really was.

Holmes

On this issue of superdelegates, I'm willing to be at least good 100 of them are supporting Clinton but aren't coming public with their support for obvious reasons. I mean, do we really think Nancy Pelosi, Donna Brazile, Joe Biden, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Al Gore and Barack Obama aren't going to vote for Clinton?

The latest YouGov showed that 14% of people voting for Bernie were doing so because they didn't like the other candidate. Hillary was at 3% in the same poll. Of course, people who like Bernie could have started out as the "Not Clinton" people and grew to like him in some type of modified Stockholm Syndrome.

I agree that Biden would have been in a strong second had he decided to run. He very well could have won. Bernie would have been kept as the message candidate we all knew he really was.

It's not necessarily true that those people would go to Biden though, especially the dixiecrats that are voting for Bernie as a protest against Obama.

Biden took support from Hillary because he's even more moderate/establishment than her.

On the flip side, Bernie consistently wins the "More conservative" voters because they had nowhere else to go. A second viable candidate would have hurt both of them, but with Bernie being in the position that he was/is in, it would have hurt him more.

NeoXChaos

On this issue of superdelegates, I'm willing to be at least good 100 of them are supporting Clinton but aren't coming public with their support for obvious reasons. I mean, do we really think Nancy Pelosi, Donna Brazile, Joe Biden, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Al Gore and Barack Obama aren't going to vote for Clinton?

do party leaders even participate on the convention floor votes?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
On the flip side, Bernie consistently wins the "More conservative" voters because they had nowhere else to go. A second viable candidate would have hurt both of them, but with Bernie being in the position that he was/is in, it would have hurt him more.

Also Bernie likely wouldn't have gotten any traction with white, blue collar types who are Biden's bread and butter.

well if hillary was beatable and was beaten in 08, was Gore and Kerry beatable too? could an Obama have beaten them?
Hillary would have beaten Kerry in 2004 if she'd have ran.

Obama would beat anyone. You couldn't engineer a candidate more appealing to Democratic primary voters.

It's not necessarily true that those people would go to Biden though, especially the dixiecrats that are voting for Bernie as a protest against Obama.

See, I'm not entirely sure these people are anti-Obama policies, more like anti-Obama's skin color, to be honest. I think Biden would have been more attractive to the white, working class voter that was his bread and butter (and the reason he was selected as Veep).

I think Hillary still wins every southern state, but Bernie is going to be in 3rd in all of them. I think Bernie would have been 3rd in Iowa, as well. Because of proportional representation, that would have hurt him bad. In fact, I bet in most southern states he would have been completely non-viable. That would have been an optical nightmare, even if he did get his wins in New Hampshire and Vermont. If he'd have left South Carolina, Georgia, Louisiana, Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee and Mississippi without delegates, he'd have been screwed. I also doubt with Biden in the race he gets a win in Oklahoma. He ma still have done well in the caucuses, but it would have been way too little way too late.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Shame on you, OP, for this unfunny thread title. How dare you pass out these fake pamphlets and fliers. If you won't have a spirited debate with me, then shame on you. Meet me in Ohio.

Maybe it wasn't clear but I was noting that there's a segment of people that aren't voting for her because she has a vagina.

Biden would have given these people an alternative penis.

I don't know if this fully shines through in preference polling. And he dropped out before we got to these blue collar industrial states anyway.

This was somewhat highlighted in that NYT article.

In the same way she benefitted from her lack of melanin last cycle despite having boobs.

NeoXChaos

Nate Silver ‏@NateSilver538 50m50 minutes ago
65% of the remaining Democratic delegates are in CA, NY, PA, NJ and MD, all states where Clinton is ahead (sometimes way ahead) in polls.

Yes.

User 406

Banned
He doesn't, that fucking sellout. Too many handouts to thugs. Reminds me of my Berenstein Bears books.

Here we go with the donk mimis again. :/

Shame on you, OP, for this unfunny thread title. How dare you pass out these fake pamphlets and fliers. If you won't have a spirited debate with me, then shame on you. Meet me in Ohio.

There were so many great suggestions in the last thread, too. :( Cuban Mistress Crisis was brilliant.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Why are people still covering this shit

Jesus I can't wait until the republicans have another primary

Who cares about these hypotheticals! I want to hear about what's real and here: Ted Scruz's mistress mayhem.
That Amanda chick is definitely something for sure. Even though she's acting weird I'd probably chalk that up under melting under spotlight. Ted Cruz honestly does not strike me as that type. Rubio sure. Even Kasich. Hell even Obama. Anyone can fall victim to that trap especially when you're in a seat of power. But ideologues like Cruz only get their jollies when someone recites declaration of independence or 10 commandments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom