• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zona

Remember the old adage "You can always count on the Democrats to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory".

I've always like "I'm not a member of an organized political party, I'm a Democrat."

I'm almost disappointed no ones called me. I'm in the demographic range that's good for Sander's, and I've been registered democrat and voted in every election since I turned 18. Both candidates should be begging for my vote!

Mark Harris ‏@MarkHarrisNYC 11h11 hours ago Manhattan, NY

Transcript of Vatican meeting:

Sanders: Did you know most of my contributions come from people without much money?
Pope: Same. Ok bye.

Dead. Hahahahaha.

I saw a Sunday talk show that interviewed Sanders and they still went about it saying it was actually a meeting with the Pope and didn't even mention or bring up how he basically ambushed the dude on his way out the door.

Lame stream media at it again!

Sanders after those superdelegates like

giphy.gif

dramatis

When I read the pope's version of the Bernie encounter I laughed because I just thought it felt very much like a "Will senpai notice me?" moment.

Crayons

Banned
Wine? In the morning? Is it at least in orange juice?

I need to get me some of that....I just had breakfast burritos from Burger King because I hate myself and wanted to remind myself why.

No, no orange juice.

I hate myself too...I made myself a pancake last night at like midnight. I'm the worst.

No, no orange juice.

I hate myself too...I made myself a pancake last night at like midnight. I'm the worst.

I drank too much yesterday. I was at a cocktail meet and greet thing, and all the old Democrats were trying to out drink me. They don't need their livers anymore. I'm still partial to mine. I had Arbys at midnight. My body is dying.

I need Queen's light and warmth to shine over me, considering I agreed to make GOTV calls today. Ugh.

pigeon

Banned
The best part about Hillary's hot sauce love is that she does it because it's scientifically proven to be healthy to eat a lot of spicy food.

Crayons

Banned
I drank too much yesterday. I was at a cocktail meet and greet thing, and all the old Democrats were trying to out drink me. They don't need their livers anymore. I'm still partial to mine. I had Arbys at midnight. My body is dying.

I need Queen's light and warmth to shine over me, considering I agreed to make GOTV calls today. Ugh.

today is my rest day after two days of dormstorming. I don't even go there. glad to have a rest

I can easily outdrink anyone my age. Both the GABA-A and GABA-B receptors in my brain already know what the deal is. Someone could try and roofie me and it wouldn't even make a difference

CCS

Banned

Let the light of our Queen fill you. She will take you to heaven.

User 406

Banned
Ohhhhh people think she's pandering with the hot sauce thing

I'm too white for this shit

It's a strange stereotype to be sure. I don't think I've ever seen one of those hot pepper/sauce youtube tests that wasn't a white dude. Hot sauce is important. I have my own recipe I use on a lot of things.

Honestly, the hot sauce thing makes me less likely to vote for Queen. Hot sauce is gross. A big mess.

At this point I'm just reading your comments on food to see if there's anything you hate that I haven't tried, because I'd probably end up loving it.

johnsmith

remember me
Yeah I heard her talk about hot sauce on npr a long time ago so saying she just said it to pander us stupid.

She also eats jalapeños raw.

Sianos

One of the things I despise most about modern politics, which is by no means exclusive to the Sanders campaign but is certainly very prominent within it, is the hatred of complexity. You must be able to explain your position on all issues in one sentence. Any acknowledgement that major issues tend to be complicated and have complicated solutions, and that with any policy all effects must be weighed and considered, is often treated as "having no principles" or "refusing to answer."

Make no mistake, I hate it when politicians waffle or evade to avoid having to answer a question as much as anyone else. But trying to evade a question and trying to provide a reasoned, nuanced response are not the same thing.

This particularly came to mind because of the posts about fracking. I'm reminded of earlier in the campaign where I saw some Sanders supporters sharing a picture which had Hillary and Sanders' views on fracking. The Sanders column just said "no", the Hillary one was a block of text. The implication that having a stance that takes more than one word to explain is wrong is a perfect demonstration of this hatred of complexity and nuance.

Another case which springs to mind is minimum wage, where apparently even suggesting that one uniform minimum wage for the entire country is not the best solution means you're not a true liberal. Frankly, that sort of argument disgusts me. It's a very Tea Partyish attitude of "I don't care what's right, I just want something simple and easy which appeals to my views without actually considering what is best."

I wholeheartedly agree. Very well said.

I saw a Sunday talk show that interviewed Sanders and they still went about it saying it was actually a meeting with the Pope and didn't even mention or bring up how he basically ambushed the dude on his way out the door.

Lame stream media at it again!

That's funny you should mention Sunday talk shows, as according to USA Today, Bernie's momentum has catapulted him past Trump: Bernie Sanders just became top Sunday show talker

Mark this date down: On April 17, Bernie Sanders became the Sunday talk show champion, surpassing Donald Trump for the most appearances of the 2016 presidential campaign, according to USA TODAY's Sunday show tracker.

So, as well as having a war chest bulging at the seams, thanks to the support of countless everyday Americans, he now has an abundance of free press coverage, too :).

I'm going to go with, "Places that are going to get hammered with negative Yelp reviews", Alex.
Lol, true.

We asked Secretary Clinton’s office what she always packs:

A small mesh bag filled with the basics: Sharpies, Advil, sunscreen. Converters to charge her BlackBerry and iPad anywhere in the world. Red pepper flakes and a mini bottle of Tabasco Sauce for adding spice to her meals.
http://www.cntraveler.com/stories/2012-08-30/hillary-clinton-interview-visionaries

ApharmdX

Banned
Who would've guessed that while the right was imploding, the far left would've been the biggest thorn in the side of a Democratic presidency in 2017. Sigh.

Sanders is hardly far left. Ideas like expanding social services and curbing money in politics are hardly far left. They only appear that way in a political clime where George W. Bush would be un-electable in the GOP primary because he would be far too liberal.

Honestly, the hot sauce thing makes me less likely to vote for Queen. Hot sauce is gross. A big mess.

Hot sauce is amazing. You can choke down many gross foods with it.

Armaros

I've always like "I'm not a member of an organized political party, I'm a Democrat."

I'm almost disappointed no ones called me. I'm in the demographic range that's good for Sander's, and I've been registered democrat and voted in every election since I turned 18. Both candidates should be begging for my vote!

Maryland it too one sided for people to call me, in the primary or GE.

I sometimes feel sad but then i remember examples of calls from this election cycle and feel better. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom