• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Cruz might come in 3rd in the next six primaries.

tumblr_inline_o4kvcvKqj81tb0ry4_500.gif

I needed some good news this week.

Do they? What percentage of issues?

He's already pointed to the unusual order in Zubik. Justice Kagan claims that the justices are "working really hard" to avoid deadlocks--an unnecessary effort when one side has the upper hand. And we've seen for decades now how partisan the confirmation process has become, all because Republicans and Democrats are fighting over which side gets the upper hand. For instance, until Justice Alito's confirmation, the two justices who were confirmed with the most No votes were Justice Thomas (48 No) and Chief Justice Rehnquist (33). Justices Alito (42) and Kagan (37) both received more No votes than Rehnquist, and Justice Sotomayor received only two less than him (31).

Segall's suggestion is a way to cut back on the partisan bickering over confirmations and encourage the Court to continue doing what Kagan says they're doing now--"working really hard" to find a consensus.

Cutting down on the partisanship of appointments isn't the same thing, though. And Kagan saying something doesn't make it true, either. And I don't like the implication that they don't work hard prior to Scalia's death to find consensus.

PR optics mean nothing. It's not evidence. I need to see Justices abandoning their known positions to find consensus before I believe it and there's zero evidence of that.

Bernie supporters are going to start pushing for Voter ID, aren't they?

Sigh...

It would go along nicely with attacking early voting, which they've already done. Of course I'm aware that it's a small but vocal minority of his supporters who are doing it, but it amazes me that there are people on the left who are actually opposed to making voting easier. It's pretty blatant that their position is based on the belief that early voting has hurt Sanders and then they rationalize it after the fact. Sadly, that's human nature and supporters of any candidate are susceptible to it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sorry, but I meant in states that actually mattered.

Bernie lost by like 30 points with folks aged 30-44 in the great state of Florida (and an overall number of people aged 18-44 in the state by the exit polls).

To me that counts as the youth vote. Please don't tell me I'll be an old man in the very near future.

Holmes

April 26 states as March 15 states:

Maryland = Florida
Pennsylvania = Ohio
Delaware = North Carolina
Connecticut = Illinois
Rhode Island = Missouri

Are you saying that Bernie didn't try that or that Bernie isn't a Democrat?
Bernie isn't a democrat.

Yeah.

I mean it sort of ended up that his campaign had vast majority white appeal but it wasn't intentional. It was through terrible misreadings, gafs, mistakes, incompetence, etc.

Bernie absolutely tried. But when his bread and butter "brand" and appeal didn't resonate with demographics outside of his usual targets he didn't know how to effectively pivot.
No, he didn't try specifically to be lily white, but he does have a northern strategy and it's not working.

Bernie lost by like 30 points with folks aged 30-44 in the great state of Florida (and an overall number of people aged 18-44 in the state by the exit polls).

To me that counts as the youth vote. Please don't tell me I'll be an old man in the very near future.
Uuuugh, I know.
Shaun King trending again, for being a fraud. Stunning.
I honestly didn't think anyone would actually care about his article or the fact that he plagiarized.

User 406

Banned
To bring back working class whites, they're going to have to convince them to not be racist:

Salon33.5.png

Salon33.6.png

http://www.salon.com/2015/11/29/the..._its_really_allergic_to_voting_for_democrats/

Contact theory and deep canvassing efforts could work, but we should do more research on how to reduce racial prejudice.

Real integration, where people genuinely live, work, and go to school together, is the strongest antidote. Probably the first major step towards it will be ending redlining. There needs to be a cost imposed on white flight.

If Bernie gets under 5 points of Hilly I am spamming Lana.gif until Neogaf servers go down.

The servers will be going down either way, since if not Holmes will be spamming it back at you. :X

Cutting down on the partisanship of appointments isn't the same thing, though. And Kagan saying something doesn't make it true, either. And I don't like the implication that they don't work hard prior to Scalia's death to find consensus.

PR optics mean nothing. It's not evidence. I need to see Justices abandoning their known positions to find consensus before I believe it and there's zero evidence of that.

This whole stupid argument is just the bargaining stage of grief. It's idiotic on its face to claim that the current dysfunction in the Congress somehow merits a complete retooling of the Supreme Court to accommodate that dysfunction. Sad!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
NY really needs to do better though. That October deadline is just insane.

It's a holdover from when the primary used to be held in the first week of February (the BoE isn't allowed to touch voter rolls at all for most of the year due to state law). The rules never got updated to reflect the new date for some reason.

I thought it was a joke but Shaun King literally did find a way to blame it on Hillary

Of course he did. >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom