• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyosaiga

Banned
"We need to win some black voters! Hey black voters, vote for us!"

AA voters: "What will you do about racial inequality"

"Well first we'll break up the banks"

AA voters: "Hey Hillary is talking about criminal injustice over here -"

"You'll vote for SHILLARY? Don't you know what's good for you?"

AA voters: "Well now we will"

"I just don't understand those black voters! Fuck all of them for supporting a candidate who speaks directly to their interests!"

I think as a politician you can't just make people flock to you for your number one issue - you need to win their support by addressing THEIR number one issue. Bernie wants to make the argument that dealing with income inequality would alleviate all of our issues, and I think to some degree he's correct, it's a fundamental problem. But racial inequality is so deeply rooted in our society that it's its own foundation at this point. Breaking up the banks and arresting the folks who cheated Wall Street isn't going to fix discriminatory housing, employment practices, police brutality, areas with severely low funding/resources, and above all, peoples' attitudes that permit these things to happen. There's no silver bullet for these issues and I think Bernie's campaign has trouble with that because basically all of his policy proposals are being pitched as silver bullets.

America wouldn't even exist without racism. And I mean that in a literal way. You take away systematic racism tomorrow and the entire country's foundation falls apart.

royalan

For the record, when Bernie won Hawaii, I admitted I was surprised, and I stopped posting that Bernie can't win people of color.

I think it is still accurate to say that Hillary has a strong lead among African-Americans.

And Latinos. The gap isn't as wide, but it's still a notable dominance.

pigeon

Banned
So now PoliGAF wants to pretend that they're only concerned with racism on neogaf?

Ok.

OKAY.

I actually haven't seen anything about Hawaii except the Vox article which made the same point I did that it's now unfair to suggest that Bernie does poorly with people of color.

What are you referring to?

America wouldn't even exist without racism. And I mean that in a literal way. You take away systematic racism tomorrow and the entire country's foundation falls apart.
Right, strike "at this point"

Seeing as our current government was formed by bunch of white people who thought they knew better.

So now PoliGAF wants to pretend that they're only concerned with racism on neogaf?

Ok.

OKAY.

But...you're mad that we're not calling out something that I, personally, never even heard of until you sorta brought it up. I apologize for not policing the internet and calling out injustice everywhere I see it...but, man, I got shit to do.

For the record, when Bernie won Hawaii, I admitted I was surprised, and I stopped posting that Bernie can't win people of color.

I think it is still accurate to say that Hillary has a strong lead among African-Americans.

I respect that, but my point is that what the mainstream media did was offensive, hence the #BernieMadeMeWhite hastag, yet there was no push back from GAF about it. Imagine if the same thing happened to Hillary...

1) The idea that Bernie living in Brooklyn 50 years ago is somehow more indicative of his ability to turn out support than the fact that Hillary had to turn out support in three previous statewide races (Senator x2, President x1), that she actually lives in the state, and that the Clinton foundation is in the state.

You don't get to claim the first and just ignore the second because it fits the narrative you want to run with. And, to be clear, I'm not saying she's going to win by 30 points like some people. I think it'll be closer, but Bernie living there 50 years ago has slightly more than zero to do with that.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Young people are going to turn out in droves in Brooklyn specifically to vote for someone who was born there, did nothing of note while living there, and moved away decades before they were ever born because that's just how Brooklyn rolls, man.

But...you're mad that we're not calling out something that I, personally, never even heard of until you sorta brought it up. I apologize for not policing the internet and calling out injustice everywhere I see it...but, man, I got shit to do.

i'm not even sure i saw it happening outside of very isolated twitter shitposts, which, if we're gonna ask to tone police that shit we're never gonna spend a single minute not on that site

So who likes to eat

i like chicken wraps. they're the best (and also i may have eaten two in the past 10 minutes like a fatass)

Makai

Fox stands behind Lewendowski

Hannity - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzJ4BUrpi_U

I know Michelle Fields, she has been on this program many times over the years, I gotta be honest, I looked at this tape at least a hundred times today, to try and see. And I have her original statement here that she was "jolted backwards, grabbed me tightly by the arm, yanked by down, now I'm showing the tape, I don't see that -- I've looked at it a hundred times... and as I said, I know both people... I don't see any jerking, I don't see any pulling.

Coulter - http://www.msnbc.com/hardball/watch/trump-stands-behind-campaign-manager-654628419593

"Even if it were a justifiable touching, walking into a subway, walking into a concert, in a bar, and by the way, if that is a battery we just saw on the screen, I've been dragged down and and gang raped at bars and on the New York City subway," Coulter said.

To be honest Saying Bernie sanders has a problem with the minority vote is not the same as saying no minority supports Bernie sanders. It's an important point because had Bernie not gotten completely thrashed in the south this would still be a race. He didn't even have to win any states. The margins just couldn't be what they were and maybe he could have rode some momentum heading into the big upcoming races.

To be honest Saying Bernie sanders has a problem with the minority vote is not the same as saying no minority supports Bernie sanders.

Agreed. I don't think anyone ever thought he didn't have some minority support. There are problems there, though. Problems that he needed to address months ago if he actually wanted to win this thing.

Mischaracterizing me without proof by claiming that I'm some kind of viral marketer who's promoting myself is not only seriously trolling, it's slander.

I'm telling you that I don't think that Tyler's model is reliable and you're telling me that I'm Tyler. WTF indeed!

No it isn't. Slander is spoken. In print it's libel.

I was hoping someone would have posted that Spider-Man 1 clip

I want Chipotle.

Do you really..

Didn't Sanders win most of the Hispanic-plurality wards in Chicago? So that's a thing. Paging Melkr.

The maps of the precincts he won suggest he won Hispanics voters there. It's probably reasonable to say that he does better with all minorities the further north you get and maybe even wins Hispanics in certain states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom