• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
Apparently the DNC sabotaged sanders in DC because he is not on the ballot? Legit beef?

They're putting him on the ballot with a special vote.

Apparently there was just a bureaucratic screwup. I mean, I guess it could be an elaborate fraud, but I don't know why Clinton would bother to rig a primary that a) she will almost certainly win and b) is tiny. Obviously rig California if you're going to go to the trouble.

Holmes

The maps of the precincts he won suggest he won Hispanics voters there. It's probably reasonable to say that he does better with all minorities the further north you get and maybe even wins Hispanics in certain states.
Maybe, but I think thcsquad is right in that the Rahm effect really helped Sanders in Illinois. The next few northern primaries with sizable latino populations, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and even Delaware to some extent, are all going to go to Clinton pretty easily, except maybe Rhode Island.

Apparently the DNC sabotaged sanders in DC because he is not on the ballot? Legit beef?
No. The DC Democratic Party submitted both candidates for the ballot one day after the deadline. Someone is challenging Bernie's candidacy as a result. It's going to be fixed and he'll be on the ballot.

I'm sure the response from the vocal Sanders supporters is reasonable.

If the DNC wanted to fuck up Sanders, they sure waited a long time and a contest worth 20 delegates.

Looks like the Democratic party in DC submitted both candidate's information a day late. Someone challenged Bernie's and not Hillary's. They'll fix it and put his name on the ballot.

But, when he loses DC, it will totally be because of this.

Are there specific crosstabs from exits that people are referring to re: doing better with younger black people? Or is this based on doing well with young people overall.

I don't think his doing better with younger black people assuming he is reflects better messaging on racial issues anyway. They may just be more drawn to his generalist economic messaging, like younger women. The times had a piece on the latter vs older women and gender issues.

Didn't Sanders win most of the Hispanic-plurality wards in Chicago? So that's a thing. Paging Melkr.

Panda Express, chow mein with orange chicken and Beijing beef. Yoooooo.

Also Chuy Garcia, a decently popular mayoral candidate endorsed and campaigned for Bernie.

Maybe, but I think thcsquad is right in that the Rahm effect really helped Sanders in Illinois. The next few northern primaries with sizable latino populations, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and even Delaware to some extent, are all going to go to Clinton pretty easily, except maybe Rhode Island.
You can add New Jersey to that too. And yeah, I don't think he'll win in those states, I just think it's possible that he does better with Hispanics there than he did in Texas or other places where he got walloped with them. Maybe we'll get some decent exit polls to confirm it.

I ate at a Leeann Chin once. It was fine, but my thought on it was basically "Yeah, this is what I'd expect from a Minnesota-based Chinese restaurant."

royalan

Could be anecdotal, but whenever is see Anderson interviewing Ted Cruz he ends up getting walked over. I wonder if he's intimidated, creeped out, or both.

I'm sorry, but Anderson was completely pathetic last night, as he has been most of this season.

He got the follow up part right, but he forgot that when the candidate continues to bullshit the question, you're supposed to call them out on bullshiting the question.

The result last night was him asking the same question 3 times, then moving on when they repeated the same answer... Which, of course they would.

102-the-usual-suspects-quotes.gif

Hillary kinda got a sweet dig in at Bernie on Rachel.

Bernie, apparently, was complaining that the media was going to blow Trump's comment up, and they should just cover his ridiculous statements on income, the minimum wage, etc.

Queen was having none of that.

Crocodile

I think it's pretty clear that Bernie Sanders would be a good president for minorities. I believe their standards of living would improve. I do not think they are choosing not to support him to the nonminorities are because of something inherent to hiiiiim.

I don't think intersectionality is really the reason or I think he'd be struggling more with young minorities. I do genuinely believe it is familiarity with Clinton and her focus on racial inequality in and of itself directly in her speeches.

Well let's be fair - she earned that familiarity by being active in the Black community for YEARS. It's not her fault Sanders didn't build inroads in those communities for years before running for president (the first time let alone the second).

Good to see Bernie being born in Brooklyn is another check to cash fifty years later, right alongside marching with MLK. All these one-way tickets to getting all of the votes!

ayy lmao

Yay, more racism.

GROSS :(

Kyosaiga

Banned
Isaac Chotiner: So it seems like you’re saying Bernie’s voters have a slightly unrealistic sense about the political process. And that this is driven—

Barney Frank: I didn’t say slightly.

Isaac Chotiner: OK.

Fucking SAVAGE

When I was living in Wisconsin, I learned to always order my food one level spicier than I normally would whenever I ate at Chinese restaurants (same with Thai and Indian). "Hot" in the Upper Midwest is equivalent to "medium" elsewhere.

You know, Trump's statement kinda makes sense, in a way, if you look at it from the perspective that he's not pro-life, and he has no idea what the pro-life perspective is. So, he's just trying to pander as hard as he can.

That and he's a sexist, dumb ass, bigot.

That too.

She's basically crapping all over Sanders' superdelegate strategy

His superdelegate strategy is a non-strategy. He has to know that he won't get any significant superdelegate support unless he gets a majority of the pledged delegates. At that point it's about keeping up the appearance of a campaign that can still get the nomination.

“I believe that I will be the Democratic nominee,” Clinton said in an interview on MSNBC’s “The Rachel Maddow Show” Wednesday night, according to a transcript of the interview. “I certainly hope that Sen. Sanders and his supports will join ranks, the way that I did – with President Obama.”

She said she “worked her heart out” to get Obama elected after she ended her own presidential bid in 2008 because “that’s what I think you do when a primary is over.”

“Now, I hope that if I am fortunate enough to secure the nomination that we will come together as a party,” she said.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...on-i-hope-sanders-joins-ranks-when-im-nominee

This is actually a part where she can call moral high ground.

Hillary kinda got a sweet dig in at Bernie on Rachel.

Bernie, apparently, was complaining that the media was going to blow Trump's comment up, and they should just cover his ridiculous statements on income, the minimum wage, etc.

Queen was having none of that.

Lol wtf Bernie.

Kyosaiga

Banned
People can say whatever they want to about Hillary, but she worked her damn ass off for President Obama in 2008. I think it was 180 campaign events for him? Something like that. (130?)

I think this is THE most criminally underrated aspect of the 08 race.

Hell you could probably write an entire book on it.

I think this is THE most criminally underrated aspect of the 08 race.

Hell you could probably write an entire book on it.

I'll be honest, I don't know that I could have done it. Definitely not to the extent she did. The Obama people weren't smelling like roses against Clinton either, but she kicked ass at the convention. When I met her during the General, a couple of us told her we had volunteered for her during the primary. And she actually asked "I hope you're working as hard for Senator Obama as you were for me?" Not snarky. Not bitchy, legitimately grateful we worked for her. I gained like 90,000 respect points.

The way she was able to nominate him and give that speech at the convention with so much grace was just amazing to me. There was no bitterness or anything on her part (at least in public.) No way, no how, no McCain.

Her temperament is one of the things I most admire. After the shit she's been through, I would freaking be flipping off anyone who dared look at me wrong.

jmood88

I swear, the hardcore Bernie fans all speak from a script. I disagreed with a guy on Twitter who said that Bernie winning big in Hawaii meant that he is doing great with minorities and kept having random people jump in saying that I was erasing minorities and stuff about "shillary".

T'Zariah

Banned
I'll be honest, I don't know that I could have done it. Definitely not to the extent she did. The Obama people weren't smelling like roses against Clinton either, but she kicked ass at the convention. When I met her during the General, a couple of us told her we had volunteered for her during the primary. And she actually asked "I hope you're working as hard for Senator Obama as you were for me?" Not snarky. Not bitchy, legitimately grateful we worked for her. I gained like 90,000 respect points.

The way she was able to nominate him and give that speech at the convention with so much grace was just amazing to me. There was no bitterness or anything on her part (at least in public.) No way, no how, no McCain.

Her temperament is one of the things I most admire. After the shit she's been through, I would freaking be flipping off anyone who dared look at me wrong.

This is why I say anyone who genuinely believes the Clintons and Obamas hate each other secretly are straight up smoking something serious.

I can only imagine the private conversations they've had as President and SoS, both personal and government related

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom