• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like Deep Dish either. But Giordano's is gud for every once in a while. It's also impossible to eat without a fork and knife.

BgO9dsQ.jpg
Tomato cheesecake.
Yf2AB2y.gif

Ophelion

When is the next Playing Politics with Jon Favreau?

I need the next episode of that podcast right meow. That show is too good.

I know I'm weird but pizza is gross. And all y'all are wrong for liking it.

Adam, no. You can't say things like that in America. I'm pretty sure that's unconstitutional.

OMG, CNN is already running with a lower third saying "Clinton surrogate says pizza is disgusting and all that like it should be punished."
If it would help Queen, I'd go on tv and do illegal things to a pizza. Hashtag no shame. Hashtag It's not delivery, it's disgusting

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
538: Wisconsin Could Be Trouble For Trump
Donald Trump’s path to the 1,237 delegates necessary to clinch the Republican presidential nomination may be about to hit a major speed bump in Wisconsin. Two polls out in the past week, from Basswood Research and Marquette University, show Ted Cruz with a lead of 5 percentage points and 10 percentage points, respectively. If Cruz wins Wisconsin by that much, Trump could get few of the state’s delegates, setting him further off pace and increasing the chances of a contested convention.

Wisconsin has 42 delegates — 18 go to the statewide winner and three go to the winner of each of the state’s eight congressional districts. So if Cruz wins Wisconsin by even one vote, the most Trump can hope to take home is 24 delegates, which is fewer than the 25 delegates our expert panel predicted. Our panel had Trump falling just short of 1,237 even with 25 delegates in Wisconsin, and chances are — if Cruz wins statewide — Trump won’t win most of those remaining 24.1 You can see why in the regional breakdown of support from the Marquette poll.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
@Y2Kev, did you get that impression of FF15 from the live stream that was on an Xbone, or from the PS4 download demo?

I sent my brother your comparison to the Sanders campaign and he said the PS4 demo was pretty smooth.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Good on him. I want to beat Bernie fair and square. The Party messed up that one. Whoever challenged Bernies name is the issue.

We don't know who challenged it? What, do we think it's a secret hold like in the Senate?

User1608

Banned
I played all since 7, including 6. Except the online mmorpgs.

Actually Bernie is FF11. Never ending promises of how amazing it will be, only to be a total dud in reality, constrained by hardware, network and shitty servers.
Ouch lol.
I've never played any. Ever.

This wrassling thing looks confusing.
That's cool. I tend not to play much in the way of RPGs. It's a genre that's hard for me to sit through. And wrasslin' used to be fun.:p

Ophelion

I wonder if it's because the news media has been so focused on Trump lately

Almost certainly. Trump is accidentally the Democratic Party's best friend. People want that black and white narriative and if Trump is going to play the part of Lex Luthor, then Barack Obama must be...

Obama-superman.jpg

The evidence speaks for itself.

Possibly. They see Trump and realize how damn good we got it with Obama.
When people compare Obama to their ideal image of him (magic post-partisan man giving everyone a free unicorn) he comes up short.

When they compare Obama to other politicians, oh look, he's actually really fucking smart and capable and his approval ratings shoot up.

Most of the complaints about Obama vowing to fix everything or whatever come from Republicans anyway - I think his supporters have maintained fairly realistic expectations for him.

Ophelion

When people compare Obama to their ideal image of him (magic post-partisan man giving everyone a free unicorn) he comes up short.

When they compare Obama to other politicians, oh look, he's actually really fucking smart and capable and his approval ratings shoot up.

Most of the complaints about Obama vowing to fix everything or whatever come from Republicans anyway - I think his supporters have maintained fairly realistic expectations for him.

I thought my expectations for Obama were unrealistic.

Then he went and checked every box I had with the exception of Gitmo. And it's not like he's not trying to check that box too.

The dude is a machine that takes in vitriol and produces from it results. I don't know how he got anything done with the GOP after him as hard as they were, much less accomplish things Democrats have been trying to get done for ages. I would elect him third term if it was on the table instantly...and if I didn't think it would probably kill him.

PS: Obviously, I am 100% unbiased where it comes to our current President, haha.

I thought my expectations for Obama were unrealistic.

Then he went and checked every box I had with the exception of Gitmo. And it's not like he's not trying to check that box too.

The dude is a machine that takes in vitriol and produces from it results. I don't know how he got anything done with the GOP after him as hard as they were, much less accomplish things Democrats have been trying to get done for ages. I would elect him third term if it was on the table instantly...and if I didn't think it would probably kill him.

PS: Obviously, I am 100% unbiased where it comes to our current President, haha.
My three biggest expectations for Obama was that he would end the Iraqi War, implement healthcare reform and turn the economy around.

Obviously there's plenty of nuance and compromise there but I think he's done pretty well on all three fronts.

Makai

I gotta say NY pizza is a letdown. Tastes like any cheap pizza by the slice you'd find in the South. Drunk food, basically. Pizza Hut is better.

PBY

Banned
I gotta say NY pizza is a letdown. Tastes like any cheap pizza by the slice you'd find in the South. Drunk food, basically. Pizza Hut is better.

What is this?

*When I moved here I felt the same, but you live here for a bit and you get it. I'll let this slide.

teiresias

Doubt she would make some last minute stops in Wisconsin if it was looking bleak. Personally I think she should spend more time in NY, PA, MD, and CT.

Unless her internal numbers show her plummeting in NY, PA, MD, and CT and she has not choice but to spend time in Wisconsin as a desperate firewall gambit.

Ophelion

My three biggest expectations for Obama was that he would end the Iraqi War, implement healthcare reform and turn the economy around.

Obviously there's plenty of nuance and compromise there but I think he's done pretty well on all three fronts.

Yeah, same. I think I had a few other things on the checklist too. Like I said, Gitmo was on my checklist from as far back as '08, but I don't blame Obama for that. I blame congress.

Every once in a while, Obama will just casually slip in something else he's been working on and I'm like, "Wait, what? That's awesome!" His interview at SXSW was an interesting window into how go-go-go he is with making a difference in little, quiet ways.

There was a moment where the interviewer was asking him about something he'd like to see and Obama had a (potentially) substantive policy change he was already working on for it and the interviewer goes:

"So, wait, you're already trying to fix this problem?"

And the President stops, blinks and goes, "Chris, I'm trying to solve every problem."

Goddamnit, Obama. You're better than we deserve. Ok, ok. I'm done fanboying about Obama now. Promise. I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom